Sign in to follow this  
Austin 3:!6

So how to stop Amir on sunday?

Suddenly Amir is looking in superb form with English conditions also assisting him to a large extent. With Dhawan out, we already have lost one of our Big Top 3. Manchester is known to assist seamers and we need to up our game to negate the threat of Amir, especially his opening spell. But the question is, how do we deal with the threat of Amir on Sunday?

Looks like we are #Doomed :((

Respect him in his 1st spell, going at 2 rpo against him is fine as long as we don't give him wickets, there are other easy targets in that bowling side, his later spells can be dealt with more comfortably. I saw him banana swing the ball today which means task cut out for our openers, we will miss Dhawan. If we play DK, make him open instead of KLR. 

mehmet ameeer isn’t that great really, the batting was poor. yes he gets the odd ball to straighten but so do many other bowlers. He’s a nothing bowler, but I get that he might have a psychological edge over our batsmen due to CT17. Our batsmen should treat him like any other trundler and smash him out of the park when there’s a chance

9 minutes ago, zen said:

Let Rohit face Amir. Rohit has enjoyed so many chances in the first two games so if his luck continues, he can do well against Amir (Pak is known to field badly as well) :dontknow:

Rohit always exposes his legs to Amir :phehe:

Dhawan plays left arm seamer well but he is out :((

21 minutes ago, bhakum20 said:

mehmet ameeer isn’t that great really, the batting was poor. yes he gets the odd ball to straighten but so do many other bowlers. He’s a nothing bowler, but I get that he might have a psychological edge over our batsmen due to CT17. Our batsmen should treat him like any other trundler and smash him out of the park when there’s a chance

You're a genius. 

36 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

We'll have a RAW agent slip some jamaal gota in his breakfast on the day of the game so that he literally starts sh!tting his pants during the match. Simple.

It worked against Wasim Akram in 1996 WC India-Pak match.

He is a good dibbly dobbly trundler a little better than Grandhomme who bowls in the right channels with consistency. He is not a threat if you just want to play him out. If you go with a mindset that you will get him for 8rpo consistently then you are in trouble. His biggest undoing Has been his reputation. Teams have been playing him out due to which he had that long drought of being wicketkess. Now when he was almost dumped teams have started taking him lightly again and giving him free wickets.

Now he has his reputation back somewhat teams might just play him off. Hopefully 

Edited by maniac

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

^ guys i think a trashing of epic proportions is coming for aamir, from the guy who is everyones daddy.

Remember,what happened to Umar Gul  in 2011 WC .

Its not just Batsman who are under pressure .There will be equally amount of mental pressure on Amir like it will be on the batsman .

Edited by Stuge

I hope the match happens tomorrow. If our batters can handle Trent Boult ,it'll prepare them properly for Aamir who is, on average, 5ks slower than Boult and gets less swing. I just don't ant us to get caught unawares.  Also we need to target Hasan and hafeez and absolutely murder them at 8 RPO. Just play Wahab, Aamir , Shaheen on merit . Old Trafford , thankfully, has not changed a lot and there should be no pressure on our batsmen to score 350+. 300 should be a winning score there. 

11 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

So I saw wicket highlight except one lbw all other were batsman hoicks down the ground which resulted in wickets. How was he over all?

He had very good change ups. Little bit of seam movement. His length was the key. Near perfect. SO it is hard to score off of him.

59 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He had very good change ups. Little bit of seam movement. His length was the key. Near perfect. SO it is hard to score off of him.

You mean bowled like bhuvi did last game

13 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

You mean bowled like bhuvi did last game

Yes albeit Bhuvi was quicker. But Bhuvi didn't bring the ball back . Not that Amir did regularly. One or two times he did. He can be unplayable if he can bring the ball back in to lefties. He also used the angle very well. 

On 6/12/2019 at 7:04 PM, bhakum20 said:

What psychological edge..we won in Asia Cup three times after thrashing Aamir ..this was in september 2018

I always thought Old Trafford for friendlier to spin than to pace. I don't think the Indian batsmen will struggle against Amir, they need to play sensibly against him as they have done against other decent bowlers. 

If he is bowling well in first spell then give him respect and play survival game and if openers survive first 7 - 8 overs then chances increase. If we bowl first don't allow pak to get big total and and amir factor would get over there itself.

Just play safe for the first 10 overs then the Pakistanis will come apart.

Also don’t over attack Shadab either. Just target him for 5-6 runs an over, he will give hit me balls.

Usually teams lose to Pak by under estimating them over respecting them too much. You play conventional cricket 9 out of 10 times they will implode. Teams like Aus,India In WC’s or recently Bangladesh and Nzl have all have stellar records against them. All these teams have not tried too much over the top but stuck to basics and have achieved success against them.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Just play safe for the first 10 overs then the Pakistanis will come apart.

Also don’t over attack Shadab either. Just target him for 5-6 runs an over, he will give hit me balls.

Usually teams lose to Pak by under estimating them over respecting them too much. You play conventional cricket 9 out of 10 times they will implode. Teams like Aus,India In WC’s or recently Bangladesh and Nzl have all have stellar records against them. All these teams have not tried too much over the top but stuck to basics and have achieved success against them.

That is essentially our default game anyway against any team not just Pakistan. See off the threat and accelerate. But only problem here is we don't have Dhawan in the line up. So they don't have to keep adjusting line and length. I am skeptical of sending KL Rahul up the order who can be nervous.