ICC is the most useless international sporting body

As Kalidasa said in his Kumarasambhava:

Bum Bhosada.

In what world, in which realm of a 'major global sport' (snigger) does a world championship get hampered by the MOTHA*IN weather?  

No even snooker and billiards.

How many kids in the UK did we piss off today so that they'll never follow the sport?  

Only chewtiya desis (like ME) won't mind, that's why everywhere else the sport is declining.

Bum Bhosada.

England is the land of intellectuals. Here sports and their rules are invented. Just because they created so many sports, it doesn't mean it's an ideal place to play the sport.

Restrict cricket to hot countries like subcontinent, Australia, South Africa, Windies and Southern United States is not a bad option either!

37 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Not having reserve days was the dumbest most obvious screw-ups in sports organization history.

Rain everyday for a week. Reserve days wouldn’t have helped. 

The issue is with the format of all teams playing each other. It’s actually turning out unfair to many teams... Group matches format is the way to go in countries like England. 

Anyway, I hope ICC decides to not host any more events in this wretched country...

Boring World Cup....I found even last WC boring..2011 was really good though....I guess I am just tired of ODIs these days. I hardly watch any ODI bilateral series. IPL and T20 World Cup for me are the only 2 things I look forward to in cricket these days, especially IPL...IPL is so much better, entertaining and also better planned than WC.

8 minutes ago, asterix said:

The issue is with the format of all teams playing each other. It’s actually turning out unfair to many teams... Group matches format is the way to go in countries like England. 

Anyway, I hope ICC decides to not host any more events in this wretched country...

South Africa would have been cool but their government has banned hosting major tournaments. 

9 minutes ago, asterix said:

Format-wise, I think the supersix format was pretty good - you start with group matches, but the top 6 play each other eventually, and the best 4 make the semi-final.   Could have made it a 12 team WC, with not too long a tournament.  

England is not a big country - how difficult would it be to have contingency plans with alternative venues on reserve days?  Sure it would have taken a lot more work in terms of logistics and planning.  But a couple of hours bus ride and you can find multiple stadiums that don't have rain - especially for the following day.  

It could have been done - they chose not to, to minimize costs.  ECB have looked at this WC to maximize how much they can milk it.  They made the ICC buy a building in London using the WC as excuse - the official reason was, its "too expensive" to rent offices for the ICC, for the WC duration - just buy one instead, and then the ECB gets it for free.  Nice isn't it.  

And the whole cricket fan world hates on BCCI for being greedy - meanwhile its the ECB that's laughing all the way to the bank.

37 minutes ago, asterix said:

Wouldnt group matches format be worse? Imagine India had only 3 group games and two got washed out

33 minutes ago, Lannister said:

They scheduled Ashes in peak summer time leaving WC to early summer. Just tells you where their priorities lie. The tournament sponsors should come down heavy on these cunts. 

Ashes is the holy grail of cricket, it's an unwritten fact. ODIs/T20s are seen as money making events otherwise cricket in it's pure form is an imperial sport. Not being bitter, but stating a fact.

5 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Ashes is the holy grail of cricket, it's an unwritten fact. ODIs/T20s are seen as money making events otherwise cricket in it's pure form is an imperial sport. Not being bitter, but stating a fact.

Holy grail for England not other countries. Let them host that and give world cup to other countries