2 from DK/Jadhav/Jadeja

Bhuvi

Shami

Chahal

Bumrah

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Opener- Rahul

No.4- shankar

Shankar came in as 1st choice for No.4 and we shud stick with our plan-A, IF a top side like India panics and changes their plan-a without it being failed....well that show self doubt for no reason

Kohli had said that #4 was not decided even after the squad was announced so I do not know where you got plan A from. Discussing the utility of a player does not equate to plans 

10 minutes ago, zen said:

Kohli had said that #4 was not decided even after the squad was announced so I do not know where you got plan A from. Discussing the utility of a player does not equate to plans 

MSK prasad said Shankar was going to be choice for no.4 and KL was just going as backup opener. Karthik has been termed as finishers now by TM for some time now. Who else do u think was their choice for no.4 ???

KL had to bat at no.4 in warmup coz shankar was injured and he score runs. 

https://www.crictracker.com/world-cup-2019-msk-prasad-names-team-indias-no-4-batsman-for-the-tournament/

and btw going by the reports shankar was suppose to bat at 4 today and rahul open

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

MSK prasad said Shankar was going to be choice for no.4 and KL was just going as backup opener. Karthik has been termed as finishers now by TM for some time now. Who else do u think was their choice for no.4 ???

KL had to bat at no.4 in warmup coz shankar was injured and he score runs. 

https://www.crictracker.com/world-cup-2019-msk-prasad-names-team-indias-no-4-batsman-for-the-tournament/

and btw going by the reports shankar was suppose to bat at 4 today and rahul open

I clearly mentioned - "Kohli had said that #4 was not decided even after the squad was announced  ...."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26554052/who-bats-where-world-cup-decision-later-virat-kohli

"India captain Virat Kohli agrees that Vijay Shankar offers balance to the Indian batting order, but has not committed to the Tamil Nadu allrounder batting at No. 4.

On Monday, after announcing India's World Cup squad, MSK Prasad, the chairman of selectors, said that Vijay was identified as the No. 4.

However, Kohli agreed with Prasad only to the extent that Vijay was a "three-dimensional" player and a better choice compared to the other options and combinations that India had tried out in the past."

First and Foremost thing we should keep in mind ,whichever team wins ...It's the cricket who is the real winner in the end ( आखिर कार जीत क्रिकेट की ही होती है ।)

Edited by Stuge
1 minute ago, zen said:

I clearly mentioned - "Kohli had said that #4 was not decided even after the squad was announced  ...."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26554052/who-bats-where-world-cup-decision-later-virat-kohli

"India captain Virat Kohli agrees that Vijay Shankar offers balance to the Indian batting order, but has not committed to the Tamil Nadu allrounder batting at No. 4.

On Monday, after announcing India's World Cup squad, MSK Prasad, the chairman of selectors, said that Vijay was identified as the No. 4.

However, Kohli agreed with Prasad only to the extent that Vijay was a "three-dimensional" player and a better choice compared to the other options and combinations that India had tried out in the past."

i still wanna then who ? coz they labelled karthik finisher long ago and rightly so 

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i still wanna then who ? coz they labelled karthik finisher long ago and rightly so 

In the warm-up game vs. BD, KL, who got a low score vs NZ, still batted at 4, while Shankar was slotted at 5 (failed miserably with both bat and ball)

Edited by zen
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Opener- Rahul

No.4- shankar

Shankar came in as 1st choice for No.4 and we shud stick with our plan-A, IF a top side like India panics and changes their plan-a without it being failed....well that show self doubt for no reason

Very well put. 

Whoever wins toss bat's first. India can chase 275 pak could chase 260. Score 300 batting first and game is yours. If track has some help then Shankar's addition as bowler also helps. Kuldeep is struggling and I wonder if jaddu will get a game to strengthen batting given new opener with shankar and kedar haven't spent any time in middle. 

48 minutes ago, zen said:

In the warm-up game vs. BD, KL, who got a low score vs NZ, still batted at 4, while Shankar was slotted at 5 (failed miserably with both bat and ball)

KL batted at 4 coz shankr got injured before the game ...shankar didnt play Nz he played Bang game where he failed. Kohli clearly saidin last 1 yr KL is a backup opener and MSK said that to at team selection

Failed in warmup so.........warmup means jackshit and young players will fail. What matters is he has quality. Our openers failed to in both warmup games not just one and people were going crazy what happend in main games

57 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

KL batted at 4 coz shankr got injured before the game ...shankar didnt play Nz he played Bang game where he failed. Kohli clearly saidin last 1 yr KL is a backup opener and MSK said that to at team selection

What went during the warm-ups is common knowledge. The point is that when Shankar returned for the BD games, he was slotted at #5 despite KL failing in the previous game. Which is contrary to the belief that Shankar is an automatic #4 slot 

Failed in warmup so.........warmup means jackshit and young players will fail. What matters is he has quality. Our openers failed to in both warmup games not just one and people were going crazy what happend in main games

The openers have a good overall track record while Shankar has looked clueless more often than not 

I accept there might be a few stoppages for showers but all I ask for is a result. Been looking forward to this since I found out about my successful attempt in the ballot this time last year but deep down knew it was too good to be true and that rain would probably ruin it