Ind vs Pak Pre-Match Discussion (WC19)

zen

28 minutes ago, zen said:

What went during the warm-ups is common knowledge. The point is that when Shankar returned for the BD games, he was slotted at #5 despite KL failing in the previous game. Which is contrary to the belief that Shankar is an automatic #4 slot 

Coz warmup are just about giving everyone practice so order are changed sometimes ....has happened before to

28 minutes ago, zen said:

The openers have a good overall track record while Shankar has looked clueless more often than not 

The last two series he played for india he did well. When did he look clueless ??? Ipl ??? 

30 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Coz warmup are just about giving everyone practice so order are changed sometimes ....has happened before to

In this case, KL was the preferred one

The last two series he played for india he did well. When did he look clueless ??? Ipl ??? 

In some matches including in IPL. Now if you plan to post on not judging IPL/T20 performances, I have posted a "guide" on what to and can be judged as well  

Tough game as they save their best for India. This is the moment that defines their heroes. They will bring their A+ game to the field. They will have adrenaline rush for first few overs and then training takes over. Take them lightly and India loses but I don't see that happening. 

These are the must batsman for India:

Rahul

Sharma

Kohli

Jadhav

Must Bowlers for India:

Shami

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Pandya

Chahal

The above bowlers need to bowl all 50 overs.

Dhoni - WK

I will go with Karthik as the eleventh player because of the big game temprament he has.

Tight game but India wins.

England should have batted first and they could have won easily, they tried too much and then ended up making it difficult for themselves. They still got to 330. Had they stuck to conventional knowledge and batted first, they would have easily walked over Pak.

WI will give it to them, they came with an out of the blue game plan. But teams like WI are always exception to the rule. You never know what they bring in.

Aus once they got a great start they started to look at 380- 400, Had they stuck to the Target of 330, they would have got it and  won even more comfortably without even the minor hiccups.

Afghanistan too played very safe cricket in the warmup.

Enough case study to say stick to basics. Don’t over do or over experiment and Pakistan should be there for the taking.

Amir is the only factor India needs to take care of, other bowlers including Wahab leak lots of runs. Batting first or chasing, If India does not give more than 1 wicket in Amir's first spell, game is over for Pakistan. This should be India's strategy.

1-Don;t lose more than one wicket in Amir's first spell, runs don;t matter. Indian batting line is strong enough to catch up RR later. 

2-same as # 1.

39 minutes ago, maniac said:

England should have batted first and they could have won easily, they tried too much and then ended up making it difficult for themselves. They still got to 330. Had they stuck to conventional knowledge and batted first, they would have easily walked over Pak.

WI will give it to them, they came with an out of the blue game plan. But teams like WI are always exception to the rule. You never know what they bring in.

Aus once they got a great start they started to look at 380- 400, Had they stuck to the Target of 330, they would have got it and  won even more comfortably without even the minor hiccups.

Afghanistan too played very safe cricket in the warmup.

Enough case study to say stick to basics. Don’t over do or over experiment and Pakistan should be there for the taking.

Poor Pakistan is just there for the taking for other teams. Proves Afridi point that Pak is the one with big hearts

4 minutes ago, Aiden said:

Poor Pakistan is just there for the taking for other teams. Proves Afridi point that Pak is the one with big hearts

I am not being condescending. Pakistan and WI you can never take them lightly but at the same time you can’t over think them either. I mean to say Strong teams have to play just normal  conventional cricket and these teams will lose the plot themselves. 

Once in a while someone will come up with a mercurial performance. You can’t plan for those. If it happens it happens.  All I was saying is just play natural game and first choice against them rather than thinking 100 strategies. I know it is easier said than done but the point is you cannot or don’t need to plan too much ahead for a team like Pakistan

Edited by maniac
2 hours ago, Lannister said:

This is my team. 

KL

Rohit

Kohli

Shankar

Dhongi baba

Pandya

DK

Kumar

Kuldeeo

Chahal

Bumrah

All 3 pacers is a must for this game. 

Jadhav is useless , no need for a 6th bowler, I will go with the above team on Sunday. We lose ..we lose,, this will be our SF team. May be replace Jadeja for DK (Same batting, fielding, but better 6th bowler than Jadhav). In PANDYA we should trust as a bowler who could bat as a bonus.

Edited by coffee_rules
2 hours ago, Aiden said:

Imran once wanted to settle Kashmir issue over a game of cricket. Your captains have tendencies to talk over the top, for your sake stop listening to them. 

Before I forget recently your current captain claimed all teams scared of Pakistan. 

While most of us here want Shami in place of Kuldip , do not be surprised if they go with 2 spinners.  For me their batting backbone is top 4 ,out of which apart from Hafeez, top 3 seem to have prepared more to play pace than spin. If we check their performance Vs spin ,it may not be better than pace. Secondly even in yesterday,s green pitch there was not much swing. Downside is that Hafeez &Shoib play spin well. But if Pak scores 300+ it only if top 3 performs big.I am getting a feeling they will go Shankar + 2 wristys

My XI. I am going safety first with kartik to see off the new ball and get at least 40. Can capitalise later and rohit rahul pair Makes me anxious of being 2 down. Rahul doing well in the middle order right now. Shankar we have no real idea if he is okay or club player so i won't risk it. He looked like a club player in ipl. 

Rohit, kartik, kohli, Rahul, dhoni, jhadav,  pandya, jaddu, shami, chahal, bumrah 

Shami was odi number 1 bowler for a while and strike bowler for sure any time in innings. Jaddu to ensure batting at 8 and economical bowling, fielding great. Kuldeep hasn't looked like a strike bowler even against non asian teams which makes the choice easier and clearly inferior in batting fielding to jaddu by a big margin. 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Jadhav is useless , no need for a 6th bowler, I will go with the above team on Sunday. We lose ..we lose,, this will be our SF team. May be replace Jadeja for DK (Same batting, fielding, but better 6th bowler than Jadhav). In PANDYA we should trust as a bowler who could bat as a bonus.

I know it's hard to remember but Jadhav's main utility is his batting. He is better than DK and that phoney Jadeja. We need him now, especially with Dhawan out. 

32 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

While most of us here want Shami in place of Kuldip , do not be surprised if they go with 2 spinners.  For me their batting backbone is top 4 ,out of which apart from Hafeez, top 3 seem to have prepared more to play pace than spin. If we check their performance Vs spin ,it may not be better than pace. Secondly even in yesterday,s green pitch there was not much swing. Downside is that Hafeez &Shoib play spin well. But if Pak scores 300+ it only if top 3 performs big.I am getting a feeling they will go Shankar + 2 wristys

Imam as an opener avg 55+ with Sr of 80. He already is a match winner for India. Let him do what he does puts middle order under pressure and we get wickets. Am sure riaz and hasan can't replicate batting performance.