Pant vs Kartik Vs Vijay for No. 4

Player at No. 4  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who at No. 4

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Actually pant is not part of this equation becoz he isnt eligible to play as of now 

That is true but this was a hypothetical exercise anyway. I truly think Dhawan should stay but not be part of the team. I don't see how he will be able to play.

Edited by Khota
9 minutes ago, maniac said:

If Pant is in the squad it means Dhawan is officially out and cannot comeback even if he recovers unless he as a replacement for someone else of course

Once Pant joins the squad and if TM feels the need to play him while keeping Dhawan, one of those expected to warm the bench can be niggled out 

5 minutes ago, zen said:

Once Pant joins the squad and if TM feels the need to play him while keeping Dhawan, one of those expected to warm the bench can be niggled out 

Of course those are “exceptions to the rule”

i am just talking about the basic rule.

54 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Pant if he was a real option . Otherwise DK over Shankar 

Noted. Btw who do you think has better batting form right now , DK or Shankar? Any opinions on who would be better in the  pressure game ( Pakistan game)  between DK n Shankar. Pls not count Shankar's bowling as of now since we have Hardik n Jadhav. 

I am not able to choose between DK n Shankar. 

Also, if pant doesn't play, high chances that Dhawan will be back for the semis?

Edited by randomGuy
19 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Noted. Btw who do you think has better batting form right now , DK or Shankar? Any opinions on who would be better in the  pressure game ( Pakistan game)  between DK n Shankar. Pls not count Shankar's bowling as of now since we have Hardik n Jadhav. 

I am not able to choose between DK n Shankar. 

Also, if pant doesn't play, high chances that Dhawan will be back for the semis?

I don’t count Shankar as a genuine top order bat , on a good day he could potentially give us a 50 ball 60 , but don’t expect much from him under pressure. The way I see it , if we are to chase a lot obviously will depend on Virat , but should we lose the top order early then we depend on Dhoni and I think some one like DK who scores quickly at other end is much better off than shankar who I think can easily be contained by good bowlers. I will take a 30 ball 40 type innings from DK which he’s quite capable of against any attack , though I don’t expect him to finish off the game . 

Even if if we are batting first , DK could be handy in the slog overs .

1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

I don’t count Shankar as a genuine top order bat , on a good day he could potentially give us a 50 ball 60 , but don’t expect much from him under pressure. The way I see it , if we are to chase a lot obviously will depend on Virat , but should we lose the top order early then we depend on Dhoni and I think some one like DK who scores quickly at other end is much better off than shankar who I think can easily be contained by good bowlers. I will take a 30 ball 40 type innings from DK which he’s quite capable of against any attack , though I don’t expect him to finish off the game . 

Even if if we are batting first , DK could be handy in the slog overs .

Only reason i back DK despite his consistency he can take apart any bowler in the world regardless of the reputation when he is in the zone. That includes Amir. But it is always a 50 50 with him.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Only reason i back DK despite his consistency he can take apart any bowler in the world regardless of the reputation when he is in the zone. That includes Amir. But it is always a 50 50 with him.

Yeah , there is always that hope that he will finally turn it around ..but unfortunately for over a decade we have seen him play some brilliant shots and gift his wicket away . 

One other factor should be in his favour , is a shortened game is very much possible . DK atm is as good as anyone when he does not have to build an innings. 

We miss a clutch player like Raina down the order.  In 2011 world cup India was struggling at 205/6 at Mohali vs Pakistan. Wahab was on fire. This guy with calm head took India to 260.   Same way he calmly played a clutch knock against Australia in 2011. In 2015 India was having asking rate of 7.5 against Zimbabwe when India lost 4 wickets 92. He sheparded alongwith Dhoni to get to 288 with a century.   He was a gun fielder also could bowl part time. We miss such a person in our line up