Do cats suck as pets or general animals?

G_B_

37 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Cats are such a lame pet.

At least dogs have a personality that isn't stuck up

lol ..

dogs dont have a personality thats why they butter humans and always at the mercy of the humans :lol: 

cats can survive all by itself if they are left alone

2 hours ago, velu said:

lol ..

dogs dont have a personality thats why they butter humans and always at the mercy of the humans :lol: 

Dogs can survive themselves. They were wild dogs before humans domesticated them and used them for hunting. Watch the movie called Eight below it is a real story. My another favourite movie is Hachi. Can a cat do that show loyalty and survive ?

Edited by gattaca

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Dog lovers, suggest a breed , should be mid-size (like a bigger pom) anj/d should shed less hair. Should behave and do household chores :proud:

Cocker Spaniel

Less hair 

Mid size

Quite well behaved.

Chores???...may be you could train it to get the paper if you bribe it enough.

Beagle ....

Dachshund....

Less hair...

Gentle..

Although one Beagle did try to bite me for no reason.:blink:

Dachshunds are cuties. Never seen a bad tempered one.

My favourite is the Lhasa Apso but those are haaaaaairy and pretty cranky guys.

Edited by beetle

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Dog lovers, suggest a breed , should be mid-size (like a bigger pom) anj/d should shed less hair. Should behave and do household chores :proud:

Pomeranians are so annoying. Bark a lot :wall:  

In fact their whole breed spitz types are like that.

There is one here in my neighborhood it is a giant version of the Pomeranian a breed called samoyed. Has an annoying bark, always barking at people . Everyone I know in my community here hate that dog. 

10 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Dogs can survive themselves. They were wild dogs before humans domesticated them and used them for hunting. Watch the movie called Eight below it is a real story. My another favourite movie is Hachi. Can a cat do that show loyalty and survive ?

house dogs cant survive though ( maybe it can survive by begging for food ) but house cat easily hunt and survive ..

pack animals can show loyalty and can be domesticated .. like wolves , hyenas   can be easily socialized with humans ..

likewise lions and to some extent cheethas can also be  can be easily socialized with humans ..

coming back to the cats loyalty , its humans who needs to be loyal to their cat and not the other way  .. 

cats will offer their hunt to humans , but dogs wont ( dont consider retrieving , dogs re there to aid/fetch humans hunt ) 

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pomeranians are so annoying. Bark a lot :wall:  

In fact their whole breed spitz types are like that.

There is one here in my neighborhood it is a giant version of the Pomeranian a breed called samoyed. Has an annoying bark, always barking at people . Everyone I know in my community here hate that dog. 

our first non-desi dog is Pomeranian ( white indian spitz ) ..

it use to bark even for a slightest noise  esp in the night time :wall: 

it was a female , but still we ( me and my brother ) named her as scooby doo .. but it repsonds only if we use "rani" , my grandma named her as rani  :giggle:

9 hours ago, velu said:

lol ..

Cat-lovers are the worst people.

Velu loves cat. Hypothesis holds up

My mom loved cats and dogs. She adopted 2 cats from the neighborhood when I was little. They were aloof unless I bounced tennis balls on their heads gently or tapped their head. Then they let meoows and "played" which was more like get this ball off of me. Weird creatures unlike dogs from my friends house which played with us and shouted whenever some stranger passed by. My mom had a daschund when she grew up. She told me how it was very smart, loyal, well behaved and always on the lookout for any danger (German training :hitler::cantstop:). One day my grandpa came from office in a bad mood and the dog wanted to play but he shouted at it. It went and faced a wall and would not come until grandpa talked nicely for several minutes.