How did Murugan hit so many sixes?

I have always seen him hit straight sixes easily. Few times he did it in ipl it looked like he just chipped and went for six. So you can say he has ability to hit sixes + batting was easy + weak opposition + brainless bowling from rashid (kept bowling in slot and quick).

5 hours ago, maniac said:

Broke hitman’s record :((

Now have to reclaim when its our  turn against Afghan. Also Srilanka and WI are still there for the taking :pray:

he actually broke gayle's record of 16 sixes (in worldcup) but yeah if you consider all odis then he did break rohit's as well.

We have to give credit to him. He has one of the fastest hands and very strong wrists. It is very interesting seeing his technique while hitting sixes. He sets a very low base and has a vicious swing and with any decent contact with the lower half of bat it sails away with today's bat. They seem to have practices hard at this. Even Moeen was hitting in a very similar way.

You could say that it was a weak opposition but they have so many hitters that everyone just hits fearlessly. They have Root and Stokes as proper batsmen to anchor and weather tough periods and everyone around can be positive.

2 hours ago, CoverDrive said:

We have to give credit to him. He has one of the fastest hands and very strong wrists.

He isn't called Quick Gun Murugun for no reason :bandit:

His six hitting reminds me of Yuvraj, except YS had a higher bat lift IIRC & more power into his shots. Murugun relies more on timing I feel.