Shikhar Dhawan Ruled out of the World Cup

a proven big player. Especially in England where he won is Champions trophy in 2013. Big loss.

IMO we need to rotate Pant shanker and Jadhav. Give them all chances and pick the best. I feel Pant is a better slogger than Shanker or Jadhav.

Technique Shanker, Pant, Jadhav

Slogging Pant , Jadhav, Shanker

Bowling Jadhav, Shanker, Pant 

I think on balance Shankar at 4 and Pant down the order in place of Jadhav.

5 minutes ago, DHONI_FANN said:

Shankar's bowling is not that great either but his gentle paced outswingers in English conditions would be more effective I think.

Only if its raining and cloudy does Shankar's bowling approach anywhere near "effective".  And as far as batting ability is concerned, Jadhav is a much better fit for this line-up than Shankar.  Jadhav's numbers in the last 10 overs of ODIs are all-world.  Shankar cannot give you that punch.  He's a quality bat, but just not a good fit.  We cannot just pray for Pandya fireworks to drag our scores to a proper finish at the end.  In every game.   

Shankar is a much better fielder than Jadhav though.   

11 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

lol at Jadhav's bowling. Shankar is a better bowler than Jadhav. His submarine bazookas are not worth it any more. Imagine if Shankar wasnt there against Poyz and Jadhav had to ball 8 overs. I dont even want to imagine that

Both are cannon-fodder - and dependent on conditions.  But Jadhav has shown that he's more effective, especially against non-asian teams in flat conditions.  With Eng/Aus/NZ as the likely contenders - its obvious who is a better choice for India.  Those teams would much rather face Shankar than Jadhav - regardless of conditions.  

I would say try

KL

Rohit

Kohli

4/5 Dhoni/Pandya (per situation)

Pant

Jadeja/Jadhav/Shankar (per form, conditions, and balance requirements)

Bowlers (per conditions and form) 

Edited by zen

Big loss , but if you have to look for positives then its better he got injured in the early stages . it should allow the team to settled down before semis .

Pant for Shankar imo . I know he was useful in the last match , but the batting looks extremely weak with him in the middle order . 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how to get in pant ??? Cant drop anyone unless they perform badly unless they really feel the need to have a leftie and changes only happens when team is loosing which isnt the case

We can easily drop Kedar if Shankar is playing. Why play both Shankar and Kedar.