31 members have voted

1. 1. Who finishes 4th?

• England
    • Bangladesh
    • Sri Lanka
    • West Indies
    • Pakistan

Depending upon how others do, Eng needs 1 or 2 wins to get in

We can also view this from a different perspective. Eng’s issue has been knockout games so now it has the opportunity to practise playing under pressure against Aus, Ind, and NZ.

If Eng comes out of this, it could be in a relatively stronger mental frame in the knock outs :dontknow:

29 minutes ago, YCCC said:

England, the useless choking bastards, have thrown the world cup wide open by losing to the worst Sri Lankan side since before their 96 world cup win. 

So who do you think will finish 4th?

It's a tough one. Logic still points to England purely because the competition isn't great, but if not just have a feeling Bangladesh will somehow win all three of their games including against an already qualified India. England will win one probably when it's too late against NZ last game.

You seriously think BD will beat India ROFL 

India may not take anyone seriously ,BUT BANGLADESH SINCE 2007 :P

9 minutes ago, YCCC said:

The NZ one surprises me tbh. Remember being a naive and optimistic kid in 07 and 03 and having them down as a "should win". Obviously I was wrong or didn't take much notice!

All teams are beatable in this tournament though NZ can be tricky as they punch about their weights and/or drag the other team to their level

8 minutes ago, Stuge said:

New Zealand too is going to play tough opposition now .

NZ already has 9 points on board and was going to play these teams anyway at some point in the competition .... Good to play tough opposition/games when you have identified your strengths and weaknesses 

Edited by zen
Just now, zen said:

NZ already has 9 points on board and was going to play these teams anyway at some point in the competition .... Good to go in tough opposition when you have identified your strengths and weaknesses 

I still feel that rained off match with India has saved NZ .

5 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

If we don't score something similar to AUS/eng against them batting first, it could very well be a possibility.

What we forget Australia has a poor 5th bowling option and BD was  easily able to  take advantage of the same in the day before yesterdays match .They lack good spinner, which makes a lot of difference .Not sure why ,but I feel India has the best bowling attack in terms of variety .

anyways ,Its more about mental game than anything else now a days .

Edited by Stuge
13 minutes ago, Stuge said:

You seriously think BD will beat India ROFL 

India may not take anyone seriously ,BUT BANGLADESH SINCE 2007 :P

I don't "seriously" think it at all. Just think they are the team most likely to push England out, but to do so they will probably have to win all three, unless England lose all three which even I, the most cynical and pessimistic of cynical and pessimistic Yorkshiremen, don't think will happen. If India are already qualified they might take their eyes off the prize for a short while and Bangladesh may benefit

2 minutes ago, YCCC said:

If India are already qualified they might take their eyes off the prize for a short while and Bangladesh may benefit

Indian team has changed a lot in past few years .If BD wins,it will be because they played better not because India took them lightly .

Edited by Stuge