CWC match no.28: India vs Afghanistan Southampton 06/22/2019

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

So we dont have any opener and you are resting Rohit.  You want us to play with one opener. Also resting breaks he momentum for a batsman.  When in form, a batsman wants to keep going in a tournament and not rest when there is enough breaks in between games.  WC is not for preparing for injuries but playing best available team. One game wont do any good for an untested or a replacement player.  

Now imagine we have only one opener in the Semi final or final. 

I'm just saying that we should prepare a back up opener in these games against Afg and with all due respect Ban and SL as well. Our TM has already f'ed up by not getting ready a backup opener. But still it's not too late. Get Pant to open in one of these easy games get him game ready. Rohit is too good a player to get effected by momentum. 

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

no need to rest and break momentum for Rohit and Kohli.  They already had a 6-day break after Pak game. Jadeja in place of Shankar.  :cantstop: you are crazy.

I am treating this as practice game,giving everyone 1 chance.They may not play Shankar today due to Bumrah injuring his toe.

If Rohit & Kohli both score big,others will hardly get any chance to bat.Both are experienced enough to not get ruffled by break of momentum.

Jads in place of Kedar & Pant in place of Shankar. Kohli seems to have lost faith in Kedar's bowling. Jads & Pandya can easily share 10 overs. 

Edited by diehardpacer
45 minutes ago, Norman said:

Now imagine we have only one opener in the Semi final or final. 

I'm just saying that we should prepare a back up opener in these games against Afg and with all due respect Ban and SL as well. Our TM has already f'ed up by not getting ready a backup opener. But still it's not too late. Get Pant to open in one of these easy games get him game ready. Rohit is too good a player to get effected by momentum. 

Kartik can open and has opened previously. Even Kohli has opened before.  

4 minutes ago, Nikola said:

I wanted pant just cause left handers have good record against rashid and we saw what morgan did to rashid in last match as well. Going with no left hander in top & middle order is poor.

he shall bowl unispin today