WC19 | M30 | SA vs Pak | London | June 23rd @ 5 30 AM EST

zen

Springboks

running-springbok-jumping-high-antidorca

vs

Markhors 

Turkomen_Markhor4.jpg

I believe that this is the first game at Lord's. Both teams would be seeking to use this to give themselves some sort of a chance to sneak into the top 4. Below is how the status is:

• Pak has 4 matches remaining so can reach 11 points 
  • SA has 3 matches remaining so can reach 9 points

Ind and Eng are on 9 and 8 points respectively. They play against each other so one of them will end up with 9 or more points so SA is basically out except the weird mathematical scenario where Eng or Ind remain on 9 or less and SA enjoys a better NRR. 

Pakistan has everything to play for so will be in relatively more pressure. Additionally, it is coming out of a loss vs. India. SA lost some close games so would be seeking to close this one. 

Cricinfo Preview

The Fans:

1426665079-cricket-fans-enjoy-sunbathing

pakistan-1432557637-2372642.jpg

BOL to both teams! 

Edited by zen

Simulated after IND/NZ wins today...

... assuming PAK win vs RSA:

eaRYOlF.png

----

assuming RSA win vs PAK:

dJ5OcJt.png

Basically, either scenarios don't impact IND/NZ/AUS as much, but impacts ENG a bit, as well as BAN and SL should be rooting for RSA. RSA is basically out anyway (very small number of scenarios still viable for them to make it to rank4)

6 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

SA is in such a bad space mentally that I dont think they have a chance against Pak or any other side right now. They have the team but seem completely out of sorts.

Naah both are under same amount of pressure. Its about who cracks first. I think team batting first will have a huge advantage. 

1 minute ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Naah both are under same amount of pressure. Its about who cracks first. I think team batting first will have a huge advantage. 

Pak managed to win against Eng. SA didnt even do that and they lost against BD as well. Pak losing to India, Australia was more or less expected. To me, SA seem like they are mentally down and low spirited. It could be a good contest though. 

3 hours ago, poi said:

eaRYOlF.png

----

assuming RSA win vs PAK:

dJ5OcJt.png

Basically, either scenarios don't impact IND/NZ/AUS as much, but impacts ENG a bit, as well as BAN and SL should be rooting for RSA. RSA is basically out anyway (very small number of scenarios still viable for them to make it to rank4)

figured out a way to inculcate wash outs?

3 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Pak managed to win against Eng. SA didnt even do that and they lost against BD as well. Pak losing to India, Australia was more or less expected. To me, SA seem like they are mentally down and low spirited. It could be a good contest though. 

Yes, win over england is something Pakistan could always fall back on and it should be a good game. SA are anyways out if they win today Pak also out. 

3 hours ago, poi said:

eaRYOlF.png

----

assuming RSA win vs PAK:

dJ5OcJt.png

Posted this on ICF twitter handle 

https://twitter.com/ICFans/status/1142684747425910784?s=19