Shami reveals Dhoni's advice before World Cup hat-trick ball

1:52 PM
  • ESPNcricinfo staff

As Mohammad Shami ran in to deliver the hat-trick ball, he had MS Dhoni's words in mind. Afghanistan needed 12 off three balls, but were nine down. Only one Indian - Chetan Sharma - had taken a World Cup hat-trick earlier, in 1987. This was his chance to join an elite club. And he did by nailing a perfect yorker on the base of leg stump. Mujeeb Ur Rahman backed away and swung blindly, only to miss it and saw the stumps flattened.

"The lesser you have to defend, the more issues you face in executing, but knowing I had Jasprit Bumrah bowling [the 49th over] from the other end was good," Shami said soon after the match. "The hat-trick feels very special, that too getting it in a World Cup is a big deal. Before I bowled the last ball, I had MS Dhoni's advice in my mind. He told me, 'World Cup hat-tricks are rare, just bowl a yorker. This is your chance.' That's what I did."

:bow:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27035426/mohammed-shami-reveals-ms-dhoni-advice-world-cup-hat-trick-ball.

What was Dhoni bhai doing when Nabi was scoring runs.Dhoni bhai's advice always comes up only when bowlers get wickets.

"Dhoni bhai this, Dhoni bhai that" has ruined this team.His innings yesterday was so pathethic that it almost cost India the match.

But Dhoni Bhai still steals headlines,this guy cannot lose, if India loses it is always somebody else's fault but the moment India wins it is all due to Dhoni Bhai.