Kohli and bumrah to be rested for LOI on WI tour this year

2 hours ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Frankly, Rohit needs to be rested as well. Been playing too much cricket of late. 

Rahul and shaw as openers. Gill at #3. Mayank at #4. Pant at #5. 

Rohit will not be in the test squad so should captain the ODI team. I'd rest Hardik from ODIs too. We know what KulCha can do, so lets try out  Gopal  and Chahar.

More than anything it is LONG overdue to start getting in guys who have actually been good in T20 cricket into the T20I squads. Enough of confusing ODI and T20 formats. That means Surya Kumar Yadav, Nitish Rana, Krunal Pandya, Shreyas Gopal, Rahul Chahar... they should be given a long run to build experience before next T20 WC

To me the below XIs and squads have a good blend of youth and experience

ODIs: Rahul, Mayank, Rohit (c), Iyer, Shankar, Pant, Krunal, Gopal, Saini, Shami, Ankit

R Chahar, D Chahar, Kishan, Gill

T20Is: Rahul, Surya Kumar, Iyer, Pant, Hardik, Rana, Krunal, Gopal, B Kumar (c), Khaleel, Saini

R Chahar, D Chahar, Kishan, Gill

Tests: Rahul, Mayank, Pujara, Virat, Vihari, Pant, Ashwin, Jadeja, Shami, Ishant, Jasprit

Rahane, Shaw, Bharat, Hardik, Kumar

Edited by Sooda
33 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

2023 :orderorder: after winning 2019 one!!!

Kohli needs time to shoot new Adverts and Bumrah idk what he does outside cricket :police:

That is too early. I think Dhoni is good for few more world cups.

27 minutes ago, helperononline said:

Kohli is playing mind games here pant and jadeja might play next game if they perform better pressure will on dhoni,jadhav,Vijay Shankar straight away. This move will create healthy competition in the team but at the same time we should not lose the match since we resting our two best player.

This is about the series vs West Indies.:listen:

1 hour ago, Sooda said:

Rohit will not be in the test squad so should captain the ODI team. I'd rest Hardik from ODIs too. We know what KulCha can do, so lets try out  Gopal  and Chahar.

Yup rohit shud captain and pandya shud be rested to but the problem wud be lack of all rounders . WI batsman will eat krunal n shankar bowling .....so may be pandya can be given rest in some up coming series 

1 hour ago, Sooda said:

More than anything it is LONG overdue to start getting in guys who have actually been good in T20 cricket into the T20I squads. Enough of confusing ODI and T20 formats. That means Surya Kumar Yadav, Nitish Rana, Krunal Pandya, Shreyas Gopal, Rahul Chahar... they should be given a long run to build experience before next T20 WC

Sky and nitish rana No No for me .........even kulcha shud go and one among gopal n chahar shud go

Lets not send an A- team..........WI are a powerful team