Road to SFs for all teams (WC19)

zen

There have been questions/comments on chances of various teams to get into the SFs. Below I will try to cover the most likely scenarios for each team: 

At 10 or more points 

• NZ -> In/Safe
  • Aus -> Need to win 1 vs. Eng, NZ, and SA. Or qualified if BD, Pak, and SL lose one match 
  • Ind -> Need to win 1 vs. WI, Eng, BD, and SL. Or qualified if BD, Pak, and SL lose one match, and even if WI and SA win their remaining games, as long as Ind maintains a better NRR. Also qualified if BD, Pak, and SL lose more than one match, and SA and WI lose a match 
  • Eng -> Need to win 2 vs. Aus, Ind, and NZ. Or 1 if BD, Pak, and SL lose one match. Also qualified if BD, Pak, and SL lose more than one match, and SA and WI lose a match 
  • BD, Pak, and SL -> Win remaining games and hope that Ind and Eng do not reach 11. If Eng and Ind reach 11, BD/SL/Pak would need to have a better NRR

At 9 points 

• Eng and Ind are on 8 and 9 points respectively. They play against each other too so one of them is guaranteed to get 9 or more points 
  • To sneak in with 9 points, teams have to not only hope that one of Eng or Ind remain at 9 or less, but also beat them on NRR 
  • To reach 9 points: SA and WI have to win all their remaining games. BD, Pak, and SL can afford to drop a game 
  • This is one of the weird scenarios therefore at 9 points or less, a team can be considered to be practically out 

Edited by zen

Ind n NZ are Safe 

Aus needs one win and they have mental edge over england......Sa can be defeated as well

ENG- will have a tough time 

Pak- I feel they can pull it off 

Bang- might miss out due to lack of good bowling attack but pitches are drying up which will suit their bowlers 

SL- matches against Ind, SA, WI.........they can defeat SA and WI but wud 10 point be enough ?? i doubt 

SA, WI, Afghan- no chance 

1 minute ago, jf1gp_1 said:

NZ is already in semis, India and Aus are one win away. Eng is still in a good position. They will win SA game. 

Eng has already played SA. From OP:

Eng -> Need to win 2 vs. Aus, Ind, and NZ. Or 1 if BD, Pak, and SL lose one match 

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ind n NZ are Safe 

Aus needs one win and they have mental edge over england......Sa can be defeated as well

ENG- will have a tough time 

Pak- I feel they can pull it off 

Bang- might miss out due to lack of good bowling attack but pitches are drying up which will suit their bowlers 

SL- matches against Ind, SA, WI.........they can defeat SA and WI but wud 10 point be enough ?? i doubt 

SA, WI, Afghan- no chance 

In my view teams with 13 or more points are confirmed to semis.  

India will definitely qualify ,1 win should be enough against srl or bang or wi .

Nzl already have qualified by the looks of it .

Australia need 1 win ,which they will against nzl (relaxed) or saf (already out ,will play with no intent like today,basically a free pass).

England have a tricky set of fixture. 

They have to win 2 of the 3 (even 1 will do but in case pak or Bang win the remaining 3 ,they have to ensure 2 wins) .

Now I think England will beat Nzl ,they have too much of fire power to beat the kiwis.

1 win needed against Australia and India,both hate to lose against England .

This weeks game against Australia is basically a do or die from English pov. 

Pakistan have to play well to beat nzl and bang, these are really rough fixtures for them 

2 hours ago, Adi BB said:

Pakistan have to play well to beat nzl and bang, these are really rough fixtures for them 

They have more than decent chance of qualifying after their performance against SAF today .NZ looked slightly vulnerable against BD and WI .Lot of people may not given them chance against NZ ,but I feel that match is going to be tough one for NZ .

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ENG next 2 games

Ind in edgebaston - Wkt might turn

NZ in Chester le street- it can swing 

Which means Eng ki lag jayegi!!

If both pitches stay true as expected, Kulcha will make Poms dance and Boult will release snakes. 

Edited by Bhaiyya