WC19 | M32 | Eng vs Aus | London | June 25th @ 5.30 AM EST

zen

Kangaroos:

39506984141_53f4f2bb3a_b.jpg

vs. 

Bulldogs:

BMN907.jpg

A matchup of epic proportions at Lord's. Kangaroos are on the ascendency, while the Bulldogs want to get back in the groove. The pitch at Lords appears to be full of runs, however, the weather could create an interruption with rain forecasted. 

Both teams are likely to treat this as a knockout encounter, therefore, will be a pressure game, more so for Eng. The interesting part would be how the key players for both teams stand up. 

Aus has focused on providing batting depth to its line up. One option is to bring in Behrendorff to try to pick up wickets. With Root bowling well, England may review form of someone like Mooen to see if a batsman or a bowler can be played. 

Cricinfo preview

The Fans:

australian-kids--roderick-eime_flickr.jp

article-2040407-0E04E85F00000578-722_468

Kate-Middleton_AFP_0_0_0.jpg

D71PzZyW4AA0Tbi.jpg

BOL! :dance:

I think my favourites Australia will beat them , infact I don't see England beating either of India or New Zealand either .

This lot have been hyped far too much , a bunch of fancy Dan's who when under pressure the collapse .

I shall tell you exactly when I thought they would not win it ...10th June 2018 when I watched Scotland score 371 for 5 against an attack of Wood, Plunkett , Willey, Rachid and Ali , they didn't have a clue how to stop the Scottish batsmen then a batting line up of Roy, Barstow , Hales, Root, Morgan, Billings could not under pressure chase it down and in the end be bowled out .

Winners of World Cups don't allow associate teams to score 371 !!!

Scotland showed that day that England could be put under pressure and when they are they buckle . As Pakistan and Sri Lanka have shown too .

2 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

Scotland showed that day that England could be put under pressure and when they are they buckle . As Pakistan and Sri Lanka have shown too .

Some teams put their guard down vs weaker teams. Ind, considered to be a favourite, too almost lost to AFG and tied with it in Asia Cup 

Look forward to seeing how these teams pick their game up vs major teams 

25 minutes ago, zen said:

Some teams put their guard down vs weaker teams. Ind, considered to be a favourite, too almost lost to AFG and tied with it in Asia Cup 

Look forward to seeing how these teams pick their game up vs major teams 

It's not about letting guard down its about a different kind of pressure !! 

One of what if we get beat , we are humiliated , we should beat them 100 times out of 100 and doubts creep into the mind . You start to get tentative , scared to hit normally , you tense up . 

I hated it , playing guys who were much below the standard you played  at normally , fast bowlers suddenly are dibbly dobblers , straight up spinners become magicians . 

England's problems are not weaker teams but their weaknesses being shown .

Pomms, the flat track bullies, are on a danger end. Post 2015 world cup, poms dominated bilateral with pattas but when presented with slight bit of green or sluggishness, they have crumbled. Having said that, I would bet Pommies to win the match.

Edited by Bhaiyya

If AUS win vs ENG:

0s55Ref.png

---

If ENG win:

XxNoxvK.png

---

If AUS win, ENG chances go down a bit and opens up possibility for BAN/PK/SL (but just a little bit). If ENG win or if there is a washout, top 4 is pretty much set (unless IND lose all 4 for example). Actually, it might be interesting to run scenarios if IND lose all remaining matches. Let me know if that would be something interesting.