Afghanistan will be a showstopper in 2023

So if you thought their last bowling performance was a fluke, what about today? Now even if their bowling is mainly suited to low/slow turners I do feel if they get better/more batsmen they'll go places in the LO format, especially in 4 years time!

They lacked experience and looked overwhelmed in a tournament where they had to face all quality sides. I think they are on the right path though and in next four years, will develop some quality players. Their biggest challenge now is to make sure their players don't get affected by the corruption in their board. Board and players need to support each other, otherwise it will be another story of associate nation's cricket team getting bitten by the turmoil of their board. 

6 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

They won’t. Rashid will be around 37. Mujeeb will probably be found out.

Possibly.  But they could find the next Mujeeb.   I expect them to come up with more and better sloggers than Pakistan - for every Hack-it Zaman that the greenbros dig up, AfghanBros will have a handful of Zazai and Mohammed Shahzad.  

And if they find a couple of decent pacers...

Just like greenbros have to start fearing games against the togyers, they may have to start worrying about the AfghanBros.  Soon. InshaAllah.:--D

19 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

You're just salty because Rashid wipes the floor with Shadab, in all departments :--D

Shadab is fast turning into piyush chawla with the ball.  Dart, dart, googly, dart.  First time in the last 5-6 times  I saw him finally flight the ball a bit - against South Africa - who everybody knows is intimidated by spin, even crappy spin.  

Shadab is actually a decent prospect who needs to polish his game by playing a lot of firstclass cricket.  But in Pakistan, all he has to do is PSL, some shitty ads, adn he's going to have a 10 year career, because there is nobody else to push him. That's the main reason so many of their prospects keep going the Umar Akmal, Ahmed Shahzad route. Complacency.

15 hours ago, R!TTER said:

So if you thought their last bowling performance was a fluke, what about today? Now even if their bowling is mainly suited to low/slow turners I do feel if they get better/more batsmen they'll go places in the LO format, especially in 4 years time!

what did they do today letting BD make 267? it was a better pitch to bat in this game.  Afghani batting is also poor.