If TN had a seperate national team how would it fare ?

Vilander

There used to be an M.J Gopalan trophy that used to be played between TN and SL. Good rivalry - SL won twice as many matches, remember the SL team touring TN before 1983 WC and being beaten or was it a later WC can't remember. 

Maybe it's a good idea to have separate National teams for Kashmir/ TN etc that way people don't have to support 1 Indian team. 

Food for thought. 

Edited by beetle

Gujarat is divided into 3 Ranji teams. A combined Gujarat could be like an international team (Bumrah, Hardik, Pujara, Jadeja, etc.) 

I am not sure about TN. Even without being divided into multiple teams, it is not dominant in Ind’s domestics :dontknow:

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

There used to be an M.J Gopalan trophy that used to be played between TN and SL. Good rivalry - SL won twice as many matches, remember the SL team touring TN before 1983 WC and being beaten or was it a later WC can't remember. 

Maybe it's a good idea to have separate National teams for Kashmir/ TN etc that way people don't have to support 1 Indian team. 

Food for thought. 

Why not play  27 national team +7 union Territory team. What a disgusting thread.

11 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Food for thought. 

I am from J&k and no we don't need a separate fkn team . There are few Stupid ideas i have heard of in my life but yours takes the cake . Congratulations

1 minute ago, maniac said:

hardik-m4.jpg?w=759&h=422&imflag=true

I support good players and talented youngsters such as Bumrah, Hardik, Pant, and so on. Don’t care for Jadeja (in LOIs), Axar, etc., 

PS I can turn it around and talk about Rohit :dontknow:

Edited by zen

Just now, zen said:

I support good players and talented youngsters such as Bumrah, Hardik, Pant, and so on. Don’t care for Jadeja (in LOIs), Axar, etc., 

That was a joke. Most of us have fun with that regional thing anyways :)

18 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Food for thought. 

Why the hell do you think TN people don’t want to support the Indian team?

1 minute ago, maniac said:

That was a joke. Most of us have fun with that regional thing anyways :)

You will usually find me supporting talented youngsters to replace past their best players or those on the downward curve. I also like a particular brand of cricket :dance:

If Ind is not playing good cricket, I don’t mind the team that is playing good/better cricket to win. Players come and go, cricket stays!