zen

WC19 | M33 | NZ vs Pak | Birmingham | June 26th @ 5.30 AM EST

Kiwis

tmg-article_tall.jpg

vs.

Markhors

2e5f8ee1e8cb453c9ed87c2988d877a1.jpg

Kiwis are in/safe as far as the knockouts go. Markhors need to keep on winning. The game is at Edgbaston, where NZ beat SA in a low scoring game. Weather is expected to be good. 

For Kiwis, Guptill and Munro are scheduled to fire. Taylor is shaping up well, while Williamson is in great form. Boult and Ferguson will look forward to bowling on a surface that could suit them. For Markhors, Amir has stood out as a consistent performer with the ball. Wahab has had a few good performances but mainly vs. weaker sides. Babar Azam has been relatively good with the bat but rest of the batting has functioned like a revolving chair, therefore, it is difficult to predict who will have a good game. 

Since it is a morning game, the toss-winning captain might opt to bowl first to leverage on the potentially overcast conditions. If NZ finishes 2nd-3rd, it will play SF at this ground, which suits its style. Therefore, it should look to own performances at this ground. While Pak will bank on its unpredictability. 

Cricinfo preview

The Fans:

new-zealand-cricket-fans-cheer-during-th

kJnZ8.jpg

Edited by zen

12 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

Pakistan has best chance of semis given England has tough matches. They win this and then they will feel confident of beating Ban and Afg

why do you guys over rate Pakistanis I fail to understand? :hmmmm2:  Pakistan also has tough games including this one vs NZ and they have a pretty ordinary NRR to boot

8 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

why do you guys over rate Pakistanis I fail to understand? :hmmmm2:  Pakistan also has tough games including this one vs NZ and they have a pretty ordinary NRR to boot

+1. The forum used to be so different about a decade ago. If anything, Pak has regressed further during this period!!

Why are people overrating this mediocre Pakistan team ? :no:

They will lose to both kiwis and Toygers. Even Afghans will fancy their chances. 

One game against a pathetic uninterested South African side and suddenly they're invincibles. :stupid:

Pakistan in WC 1992

Match 1 - Lost 
Match 2 - Won 
Match 3 - No Result 
Match 4 - Lost
Match 5 - Lost
Match 6 - Won 

Pakistan in WC 2019

Match 1 - Lost 
Match 2 - Won 
Match 3 - No Result 
Match 4 - Lost
Match 5 - Lost
Match 6 - Won 

Pakistan's 6th Match of 1992 WC: Beat Aus by 48 Runs & Player of the Match was Aamir Sohail

Pakistan's 6th Match of 2019 WC: Beat SA by 49 Runs & Player of the Match is Haris Sohail.

Uncanny Resemblance! #CWC19

If the same thing continues, Sarfaraz will become Pakistan's PM. 

I think its going to be brilliant match. Pakistan will be a bit conservative if they bat first as they will look to keep wickets to get to a good total again. Its a bigger game for them than it is for NZ. But then NZ haven't qualified yet either. 

Making of a great game. 

3 hours ago, WorldCup 2019 said:

Pakistan in WC 1992

Match 1 - Lost 
Match 2 - Won 
Match 3 - No Result 
Match 4 - Lost
Match 5 - Lost
Match 6 - Won 

Pakistan in WC 2019

Match 1 - Lost 
Match 2 - Won 
Match 3 - No Result 
Match 4 - Lost
Match 5 - Lost
Match 6 - Won 

Pakistan's 6th Match of 1992 WC: Beat Aus by 48 Runs & Player of the Match was Aamir Sohail

Pakistan's 6th Match of 2019 WC: Beat SA by 49 Runs & Player of the Match is Haris Sohail.

Dangerously fixed. 

8 minutes ago, Norman said:

Arguably the biggest game so far of this world cup. 

Fully expect Poyzz to royally bottle it. :cantstop:

I think they may do well. Amir seems to be back in form. As we saw in BD and SA game, NZ made a simple job hard. Had mushfiqur made the runout instead of screwing it up, it would have been the end for NZ's innings. PAK has the bowlers to defend WTV total. However, if chasing, I expect them to bottle it up aswell.

5 hours ago, WorldCup 2019 said:

Pakistan in WC 1992

Match 1 - Lost 
Match 2 - Won 
Match 3 - No Result 
Match 4 - Lost
Match 5 - Lost
Match 6 - Won 

Pakistan in WC 2019

Match 1 - Lost 
Match 2 - Won 
Match 3 - No Result 
Match 4 - Lost
Match 5 - Lost
Match 6 - Won 

:fear1:

1 minute ago, Asim said:

Don't know how can Pak win this...

Any team can beat any team on a given day

1 minute ago, Asim said:

I don't expect Pak batting lineup surviving against current NZ bowling, whether batting first or second...

Even NZ batting can collapse.......williamson is due for a failure this Wc who knws 

10 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

Pakiz about to get they azz beat.  This one will be over quick.

NZ by seven wickets.

Sri Lanka to the semi's.

wishful thinking.

Pak are on comeback trail.

if anything India shud be ready to face them in semifinal.

bcos believe if Pak make semis and play India, they will beat India. its the stuff of nightmares

1 hour ago, Scarface said:

Man to man, NZ is a much better team than Pak. It should be a thumping.

that does not matter. this is Pak ur talking about.  its notthing rational about  them. they pick up their game to an exponential level at the big stage.

if ur an Indian like I am, u shud be scared and hope that Pak dont make semi. bcos once Pak make semi, they are gona win it all

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Any team can beat any team on a given day

Even NZ batting can collapse.......williamson is due for a failure this Wc who knws 

I can already conceive Pakistani batsmen outcome, facing Boult and 150kph ferguson

8 hours ago, Asim said:

Don't know how can Pak win this...

I don't expect Pak batting lineup surviving against current NZ bowling, whether batting first or second...

jinxing lol

6 hours ago, Asim said:

I can already conceive Pakistani batsmen outcome, facing Boult and 150kph ferguson

Even if they bat 1st and somehow make 250 .........Nz has to chase it and they were in trouble against Bang atleast pak has better bowling attack