6 yr old Indian girl dies in the desert at the US-MEX border

Texy

For folks from Guatemala, Honduras, etc, I can understand, but what religious or political persecution would compel someone to be so desperate. Leaving India and entering USA is not the same leaving violence in Central America. 

Now if if she was coming to reunite with her Dad, I can understand that, but then the Dad is partly responsible for putting wife and the daughter in grave danger of the terrain and the coyotes (smugglers).

28 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

For folks from Guatemala, Honduras, etc, I can understand, but what religious or political persecution would compel someone to be so desperate. Leaving India and entering USA is not the same leaving violence in Central America. 

Now if if she was coming to reunite with her Dad, I can understand that, but then the Dad is partly responsible for putting wife and the daughter in grave danger of the terrain and the coyotes (smugglers).

People take desperate measure in desperate time. Maybe the dad also came to US in the same way. In NJ, most of them working in gas stations are Punjabis, don't know if they come on vistor's visa and work illegally for 6 months and go back or come to US on asylum like this. They should work hard in India. They think if they work the same way as they work in India, they can earn in dollars and earn more. Greediness leads to such misery.

Why do people have children if they are so unhappy with life in their country ?

Why not wait till they reach their dreamland?

Why put poor innocent children through this?

What kind of life are they dreaming of as illegals?

Parents should be held responsible for this.

Edited by beetle

4 hours ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Why can't punjabis migrate with dignity from one place to another? Why do they resort to such tactics? It's like it gives them a high or something.

Sadly Punjabi Sikhs are a now now materialistic society. Desperate to move abroad because every other person they know has moved. It's keeping up with the Jones's. They don't realise that life for an unskilled person in the west is pretty crap. Instead of educating themselves they look to move abroad through any means necessary. The annoying thing is that they are lazy in India but work like donkeys in the west.

11 hours ago, beetle said:

Why do people have children if they are so unhappy with life in their country ?

Why not wait till they reach their dreamland?

Why put poor innocent children through this?

What kind of life are they dreaming of as illegals?

Parents should be held responsible for this.

i think the parent seperated from an other group and lost her child and walked back to Mexico. Its such a tragedy a 7 year old girl what would she have known..poor thing.

3 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Sadly Punjabi Sikhs are a now now materialistic society. Desperate to move abroad because every other person they know has moved. It's keeping up with the Jones's. They don't realise that life for an unskilled person in the west is pretty crap. Instead of educating themselves they look to move abroad through any means necessary. The annoying thing is that they are lazy in India but work like donkeys in the west.

Agree, I was shocked to see so many holdings, banners all across Punjab offering Canada visa application process etc, on my recent trip. At a time it got ridiculous where I saw Canadian flag all across. I am not exaggerating there, I saw many Canadian flags around Jalandhar and Amirtsar region, and was absolutely shocked to see that. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Agree, I was shocked to see so many holdings, banners all across Punjab offering Canada visa application process etc, on my recent trip. At a time it got ridiculous where I saw Canadian flag all across. I am not exaggerating there, I saw many Canadian flags around Jalandhar and Amirtsar region, and was absolutely shocked to see that. 

Canada needs immigrants if it's not from India it will be elsewhere from South Asia. 

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Canada needs immigrants if it's not from India it will be elsewhere from South Asia. 

They have enough now, but thats another issue anyway. What I didn't like or I should say I was surprised to see so much promos and business opened just for Visa application for Canada throughout the Punjab region. 

I would visit my cousin's university in Thapar, I saw offices there.. I went to eat near a mall in Amritsar, there you will see huge building with 60 percent offices all competing with each other to offer student visa to Canada or just standard form help for older people to fill their application for Canada. Canada or KANNADA as they say it down there is just on everyone's mind. Its actually crazy. 

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

They have enough now, but thats another issue anyway. What I didn't like or I should say I was surprised to see so much promos and business opened just for Visa application for Canada throughout the Punjab region. 

I would visit my cousin's university in Thapar, I saw offices there.. I went to eat near a mall in Amritsar, there you will see huge building with 60 percent offices all competing with each other to offer student visa to Canada or just standard form help for older people to fill their application for Canada. Canada or KANNADA as they say it down there is just on everyone's mind. Its actually crazy. 

this will change with Scheer. But you are missing the point, its better us than others, cause there is going to be a 3-4 lack intake every year for some time..Canada thinks it can be a particular population by 2030 and needs to be for taking care of its old. Else all Indians will have to go back to India after they are 60 imagine that, make money take it out and go to India. 

4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Else all Indians will have to go back to India after they are 60 imagine that, make money take it out and go to India.

I think they will go back regardless in that age. Very few remain. Same thing with US. When you are that age like 65
+ 70ish, you start to wonder whether India is better place to live since now you can actually enjoy better and live a much simpler life. No one looks for extreme luxury at such age. 

My parents have been in the US for about 20 years now. They visit India regularly and like it but they never used to think they will want to live in India permanently, since they have already spent good amount of time outside India and got used to it. But now as the years are going by, after all their recent trips, they start to talk about how they can live in India. I see a shift in their opinion and their liking for living in India increasing and they would love to actually settle down may be one day in the near future. I think its hard for me or you to predict how the 65+ or 70+ is thinking. My parents are not even close to 65, but you get the feeling as people get older, they like to live a much simpler life which is available back home in India than here. This is not true for us folks. 

12 minutes ago, Vilander said:

this will change with Scheer. But you are missing the point, its better us than others, cause there is going to be a 3-4 lack intake every year for some time..Canada thinks it can be a particular population by 2030 and needs to be for taking care of its old. Else all Indians will have to go back to India after they are 60 imagine that, make money take it out and go to India. 

18 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Why make Khalistan in Punjab, when the entire KANEDDA is for you!

7 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No comments on that. I haven't lived in Canada enough to make an opinion. 

KANEDDA PM Justin Trudeau must learn to read and write in Gurumukhi script and blare Sukhbir's "Oh ho ho ho" in his car while driving from Toronto to Vancouver.

Edited by MechEng

39 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Why make Khalistan in Punjab, when the entire KANEDDA is for you!

I am not punjabi. Khalistan is ISI manufactured, there are some legit grievances if GOI apologises for 1982 and ensures justice legit grievances will be managed. paid ISI cronies let them go f themselves. 

Dare I say seeking asylum seems to be the quickest way to emigrate.

I knew a jamaican guy claiming to be gay despite having a family with 3 children. Apparently he was forced to marry.... (being gay in Jamaica was illegal at that time). Few years on after getting asylum he made an application to get his family (including wife) on human rights grounds.

People pull **** like this and then expect white people in the west not to get pissed off.

Recently a boat load of migrants from africa died crossing over to spain. You had human rights people blaming authorities for failing to rescue them.