We must throw the match against England

sage

5 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Wouldn't say insecurity. More like lowering expectations as a self-defence mechanism from possible future disappointment. Result of PTSD from CT 2017 + 1992 coincidences.

Can assure you, if we play them again and win, the very same posters will start their big johnny talk again.

Isn't confined to just this forum btw. Was chilling with my cricket savvy friends today and each one of them wanted India to avoid a semi against Pakistan.

most non atheletic people are wimps when it comes to imagining sport.

3 hours ago, nevada said:

Didn't the Aussies do something similar in 1999? I forgot what exactly it was - maybe they won the game but batted deliberately slow to screw some other team's chances.

they have done that on quite a few occasions.. recently ,I remember invicible Aussies losing to sri lanka to prevent India in the finals of tri series in Australia.Later ,Sri Lanka was trashed like a boss in both the finals .

Edited by Stuge
4 minutes ago, Stuge said:

they have done that on quite a few occasions.. recently ,I remember invicible Aussies losing to sri lanka to prevent India in the finals of tri series in Australia.Later ,Sri Lanka was trashed like a boss in both the finals .

Wow, that's a low even for their usually low standards.

11 hours ago, maniac said:

I want India to qualify and then lose to England to help them qualify just to see the meltdown from

padosis. I will be cheerleading every Dhoni lunge and Jadhav Dab to third man that day

Exactly, yup that is the only match where I would  seat and watch dhoni jadhav partnership.

4 hours ago, nevada said:

Didn't the Aussies do something similar in 1999? I forgot what exactly it was - maybe they won the game but batted deliberately slow to screw some other team's chances.

Aussies also did the same in Tri series where kohli made century and we chased the 300 target in 39 overs and then in very next match aausies lost against Sri Lankas to keep India out of final.

1 hour ago, Stuge said:

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Wow, that's a low even for their usually low standards.

35 minutes ago, bahubali said:

Aussies also did the same in Tri series where kohli made century and we chased the 300 target in 39 overs and then in very next match aausies lost against Sri Lankas to keep India out of final.

I think you guys are talking about the 2011-12 CB series...post 0-8. We played * in that tourney and Lanka deserved to make the finals, fought Aussies on equal footing. Lanka had a great record in ODIs in Aus at that point, better than RSA. Aus didn't thrash them in the finals, it went to the decider where they lost narrowly. I remember watching that entire tournament and all the SL-Aus matches were dope, Lions beat Kangaroos thrice in the group stage and once in the best of 3 finals. We played like pussies against Aussies the whole summer. Tony Greig had a gala time belittling us, making fun of IPL and (OTT) praising the other 2 teams. 

Edited by Gollum
6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I think you guys are talking about the 2011-12 CB series...post 0-8. We played * in that tourney and Lanka deserved to make the finals, fought Aussies on equal footing. Lanka had a great record in ODIs in Aus at that point, better than RSA. Aus didn't thrash them in the finals, it went to the decider where they lost narrowly. I remember watching that entire tournament and all the SL-Aus matches were dope, Lions beat Kangaroos thrice in the group stage and once in the best of 3 finals. We played like pussies against Aussies the whole summer. Tony Greig had a gala time belittling us, making fun of IPL and (OTT) praising the other 2 teams. 

Talking about one particular match ,which was a decider who goes through final .From the start itself ,it looked Australia wanted to lose it.

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I agree but if you watch the match which was critical for final spot, Aussies lost that deliberately as they feared India more due to 2008 CB series loss, they also rested few of their main players in that match.

1 minute ago, Stuge said:

Talking about one particular match ,which was a decider who goes through final .From the start itself ,it looked Australia wanted to lose it.

Difficult to say because previous 2 matches Lanka beat them. And a year earlier Lanka beat them in an ODI series in Australia !!!! Clearly they were a difficult opponent. 

5 minutes ago, bahubali said:

I agree but if you watch the match which was critical for final spot, Aussies lost that deliberately as they feared India more due to 2008 CB series loss, they also rested few of their main players in that match.

The way we played against Aussies in 2011-12, there was nothing to fear. We were in a hot mess and eager to get back home ASAP, we were no match for the hosts (got smashed except one thriller), there was a fallout between Dhoni and Sachin/Viru/Gambo, our bowling was rubbish, batsmen out of form, team morale was flattened, media/experts were ripping them. No comparsion with 2008 CB series where we looked like champions whole summer. 

Edited by Gollum
12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

On topic, trust the process and forget the results. We can only control what is in front of us, better stick to that instead of pakaoing khayali pulav. Try our best and hopefully rotate the personnel to give bench players some time in the middle. 

Professionally that's how it should be .