Jump to content
sage

We must throw the match against England

Recommended Posts

People behaving as if we are invincible..England defeated us in england and came close winning a series in India.

 

Hold your horses, let us first qualify and have that Q labelled against us before deciding other team's destiny.

Edited by Bigg Brother

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

If that's the pitch England's gonna play against us then God help them lol 

It is likely to be a fresh pitch 

Edited by zen

Share this post


Link to post

Some posters have already assumed that India is in the semi final, hold your horses buddy, also for a true ndian national interest would be to kick Pakistans butt again if we happen to meet them, but i see some of you are already scared after pakistans jazba Josh and junoon:hehe:

Edited by Sean Bradley

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, maniac said:

I want India to qualify and then lose to England to help them qualify just to see the meltdown from

padosis. I will be cheerleading every Dhoni lunge and Jadhav Dab to third man that day

If we give Shankar and Dhoni 40 overs to bat we will have enough plausible deniability. Make the game Dhonis farewell match for added bonus 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Pandya_Power said:

I would rather face Padosis again. So much more fun to beat them. The meltdown would be even greater, trust me. 

You will see another CT final if we play again.We shouldn't be facing them again in this WC .

 

 

BTW ,India should win all the matches and win the world cup in style ;)

Edited by Stuge

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Stuge said:

You will see another CT final if we play again.We shouldn't be facing them again in this WC .

 

 

BTW ,India should win all the matches and win the world cup in style ;)

Ind record is great vs Pak in WCs but it only gets to play 1 game. We do not know what will happen in the 2nd game in the same WC 

 

At the end of the day, good teams win by taking on the challenges thrown at them 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, zen said:

Ind record is great vs Pak in WCs but it only gets to play 1 game. We do not know what will happen in the 2nd game in the same WC 

 

At the end of the day, good teams win by taking on the challenges thrown at them 

India vs Pakistan game is on another level altogether its beyond skills at times .

Share this post


Link to post

my gosh, so much insecurity in this forum. PAK are good but are no world beaters. This same NZ team escaped both SA/BD loss by some luck going their way. Our team might not be rock solid, but it gets the job done. We didn't enter the tournament to make up numbers, we entered as one of the fav. ENG in semi-final is worst than PAK/BD in semi-final.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pandya_Power said:

I would rather face Padosis again. So much more fun to beat them. The meltdown would be even greater, trust me. 

Just a second think what we lost against them in semifinal :facepalm: 

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, zen said:

Ind record is great vs Pak in WCs but it only gets to play 1 game. We do not know what will happen in the 2nd game in the same WC 

 

At the end of the day, good teams win by taking on the challenges thrown at them 

We play Pak in 2nd time within a world cup guess what happened ???? Wt20 2007 :yess:

Share this post


Link to post

Our players must go out there on the field & just play with sensible approach to win. That is the mindset which needs in a tournament like WC. All these permutations & combinations on us winning, Eng losing & Pak qualifying shouldn't play much in our minds. For winning a WC we need to beat whoever comes in our way be it in the semis or finals. Even our '83 WC winning team beat WI twice to get hold of the trophy.

Share this post


Link to post

Lol:dance: bring it on. Wanna see clashing with padosis again. On a serious note, just wondering, would Aussies be ever worried about who's qualifying and who's not? 

They are real champions, they just think about beating any team to pulp, cometh what may. A true champion mentality:hatsoff:

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

my gosh, so much insecurity in this forum. PAK are good but are no world beaters. This same NZ team escaped both SA/BD loss by some luck going their way. Our team might not be rock solid, but it gets the job done. We didn't enter the tournament to make up numbers, we entered as one of the fav. ENG in semi-final is worst than PAK/BD in semi-final.

Wouldn't say insecurity. More like lowering expectations as a self-defence mechanism from possible future disappointment. Result of PTSD from CT 2017 + 1992 coincidences.

 

Can assure you, if we play them again and win, the very same posters will start their big johnny talk again.

 

Isn't confined to just this forum btw. Was chilling with my cricket savvy friends today and each one of them wanted India to avoid a semi against Pakistan.

Share this post


Link to post

In b4, Bump of this thread, if we fail to qualify. First focus in WI tomorrow, which we have to win.

 

Next match Eng. No need to throw. Play to potential, we lose, we lose and if we win, hope that BD / Afg will take care of Pak.

 

No need to be cocky. There is a possibility of us losing tomorrow. So, we need to win 2 out of 4. remember that to qualify for sure.

Share this post


Link to post

Are you freaking out of your mind man lol We should beat everyone in sight. If it means beating Pak twice. so be it. I don't say England cannot win it. But we should do everything to stop them from winning as they could be a threat to us in the playoffs. We don't want two threats

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, nevada said:

Didn't the Aussies do something similar in 1999? I forgot what exactly it was - maybe they won the game but batted deliberately slow to screw some other team's chances.

They tried to screw Kiwis back in 99 WC by playing slow against Windies. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Wouldn't say insecurity. More like lowering expectations as a self-defence mechanism from possible future disappointment. Result of PTSD from CT 2017 + 1992 coincidences.

 

Can assure you, if we play them again and win, the very same posters will start their big johnny talk again.

 

Isn't confined to just this forum btw. Was chilling with my cricket savvy friends today and each one of them wanted India to avoid a semi against Pakistan.

most non atheletic people are wimps when it comes to imagining sport.

Share this post


Link to post

James Vince has weekend the batting from top. But i feel , of all teams, England has best chance against us. They will win it easily. We are also due for a upset/loss.We won’t need to give walkover.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, nevada said:

Didn't the Aussies do something similar in 1999? I forgot what exactly it was - maybe they won the game but batted deliberately slow to screw some other team's chances.

they have done that on quite a few occasions.. recently ,I remember invicible Aussies losing to sri lanka to prevent India in the finals of tri series in Australia.Later ,Sri Lanka was trashed like a boss in both the finals .

Edited by Stuge

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Stuge said:

they have done that on quite a few occasions.. recently ,I remember invicible Aussies losing to sri lanka to prevent India in the finals of tri series in Australia.Later ,Sri Lanka was trashed like a boss in both the finals .

Wow, that's a low even for their usually low standards.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, maniac said:

I want India to qualify and then lose to England to help them qualify just to see the meltdown from

padosis. I will be cheerleading every Dhoni lunge and Jadhav Dab to third man that day

Exactly, yup that is the only match where I would  seat and watch dhoni jadhav partnership.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...