Will you folks really be able to support Hayden, Punter, Symo et.al in IPL!?

fineleg

Will you folks really be able to support Hayden, Punter, Symo et.al in IPL!?  

1. 1.

• Yes: if they are in my Fav team, I'll support the Aussies
    • No: even if they are in my fav team, I will support the Indian players who are bowling against them
    • Depends: explain your vote with a post please!
    • IPL. Bleh. Who cares?

Will you folks really be able to support Hayden, Punter, Symo et.al in IPL!? I cannot support them. 1. If Indian bowler (in any IPL team) bowls to a non-Indian batsman (in any IPL team, incl. my fav team if any), I am going to root for the Indian bowler. I will rather see an Indian bowler uproot Symo, or Punter, Hayden's stump, then see these gits hit them for a 6! 2. If Indian bowler (in any IPL team) bowls to an Indian batsman (in a "fav" IPL team), then in this case, I will be rooting for the Indian batsman (in the "fav" team). Same if the bowler-batsman roles are reversed above.

Plus, lets say Hayden or Punter whoever is batting with a Indian player who does not know English (like Praveen Kumar for example, or someone else who does not understand Aussie accent). How the heck are they gonna talk during the overs when batsmen discuss minor strategies? Just glare at each other is it? Or have a translator at hand? :D

None of them in my team. only 5 international players in my team, 2 of whom are among my fav cricketers ever. (Pollock and Jayasuriya). Slinga is fun to watch, Fernando I still havent forgiven from WC07 and I havent really seen Loots Bosman play for SA.

you guys will love them when they are winning you games.. David Beckham syndrome. was the most hated man in england when he played for Man United but was Englands hero when he scored the free-kick that got them to the world cup. Just wait till Symonds becomes the first player to score a 20-20 hundred for YOUR team.. you will be cheering ;)

Why not..they have played some wonderful cricket over years and would like them to play for my Team I am missing Clarke...He has become my favourite Australian Cricketer after this series....
You have just started posting the opposite to how you feel these days. You are just on a constant wind up:D Spurs winning the cup has clearly hurt W Ham fans and their reactions have gone a bit nuts since!

you guys will love them when they are winning you games.. David Beckham syndrome. was the most hated man in england when he played for Man United but was Englands hero when he scored the free-kick that got them to the world cup. Just wait till Symonds becomes the first player to score a 20-20 hundred for YOUR team.. you will be cheering ;)
whatever he scores :finger: to Symo :tomato: to him

Nah man...it's an oppotunity to build bridges across cultures and also to open these guys up too...and make them better. I wouldn't want to see anymore petty or ugly crowd behaviour or any of the rancour of this series continuing in India. Be magnanimous, get over it and carry on with the cricket. Don't hate anybody.

Nah man...it's an oppotunity to build bridges across cultures and also to open these guys up too...and make them better. I wouldn't want to see anymore petty or ugly crowd behaviour or any of the rancour of this series continuing in India. Be magnanimous, get over it and carry on with the cricket. Don't hate anybody.
exactly, thats it. I think both sides have been guilty of some unpleasant behaviour and this has caused a big rift between the Australian/Indian cricket relationship The IPL gives a perfect opportunity for all the players to realise that they have been overreacting and reform that mutual respect that once existed. It's amazing how good team spirit can change peoples opinions of one another

exactly, thats it. I think both sides have been guilty of some unpleasant behaviour and this has caused a big rift between the Australian/Indian cricket relationship The IPL gives a perfect opportunity for all the players to realise that they have been overreacting and reform that mutual respect that once existed. It's amazing how good team spirit can change peoples opinions of one another
On that note Whisper, could you please tell me what were the unpleasant behaviour of the Indian players?