Figured out the script

India, Nzl and Aus have almost confirmed their berth with Aussies still being the only team that is 100% guaranteed

Afghan,WI and SA have been 100% knocked out

So that leaves 4 teams trying to stay above water

If Eng and Bangladesh  beat India and SL will beat SA

That will make the SL vs India match a must win for SL- A virtual QF

Similarly the Eng-Nzl game will be a virtual QF regardless of who wins the Ind-SL game.

Now As I said if Bangladeshs upsets India then Pak beats Afghan as expected then the Pak vs Bangla game becomes a Virtual QF final as well.

So many combinations still possible with only Aussies being a 100% guaranteed and with governing council involved India also guaranteed

This has the hand prints of governing council all over :two_thumbs_up:

@asterix

255933.3.jpg

• SL will need to beat both SA and WI, in which case Ind would be on 11 and SL on 10 
  • BD if it beats Ind will be on 9, Pak if it beats AFG will be on 9 too 
  • Eng, if it beats Ind, will be on 10, and NZ depending upon its game vs Aus would be on 11 or 13 
2 hours ago, maniac said:

India, Nzl and Aus have almost confirmed their berth with Aussies still being the only team that is 100% guaranteed

Similarly the Eng-Nzl game will be a virtual QF regardless of who wins the Ind-SL game.

Now As I said if Bangladeshs upsets India then Pak beats Afghan as expected then the Pak vs Bangla game becomes a Virtual QF final as well.

So many combinations still possible with only Aussies being a 100% guaranteed and with governing council involved India also guaranteed

@asterix

255933.3.jpg

You know, in this year's ipl final, we had a team in blue vs a team in yellow. 

2 hours ago, maniac said:

@asterix

255933.3.jpg

clearly, the big three had arranged to qualify for the SFs but Eng being Eng, they are doing their best to disrupt that narrative.

2 hours ago, zen said:
  • SL will need to beat both SA and WI, in which case Ind would be on 11 and SL on 10 
  • BD if it beats Ind will be on 9, Pak if it beats AFG will be on 9 too 
  • Eng, if it beats Ind, will be on 10, and NZ depending upon its game vs Aus would be on 11 or 13 

If it was the old Srilanka circa 1996-2015 I would back them to beat both these current SA and WI teams and then give themselves a shot against India.

Pak has Afghan and Bangla

Bangla has India and Pak 

England has India and Nzl

Out of the 4 teams fighting for a spot 

If I had to bet safe on the 4th team

Pak

Bangla

Srilanka 

England 

In that order.

If I had to bet on a team that  looks like they qualified but might be surprisingly  knocked out at the last minute 

Nzl

India 

In that order 

Only Australia has 100% qualification 

WI,SA and Afghan have been 100% knocked out 

Wow what a script today.

i get it- Aus wins today

so Eng vs India becomes a must win for England. A virtual qualifier

India vs Bangladesh becomes a must win for Bangladesh- A virtual qualifier

Eng vs Nzl- becomes almost a quarter final for Nzl to be safe and Eng for a must win - A virtual qualifier 

Bangladesh vs Pak- can be a virtual Qf

If Ind lose to both England and Bangladesh then the India Srilanka game also has some meaning with India trying to be 100% safe

Governing council :hail:

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Wow what a script today.

i get it- Aus wins today

Eng vs Nzl- becomes almost a quarter final for Nzl to be safe and Eng for a must win - A virtual qualifier 

If Ind lose to both England and Bangladesh then the India Srilanka game also has some meaning with India trying to be 100% safe

I think ICC GC might script tomorrows game to be a tie.

India will guarantee qualification first and then start playing for script.

I must confess the way Champions Trophy and thus World Cup turned around mid way has been unbelievable. I remember during Champions Trophy, experts had written off the bottom 4 when consecutive upsets happened and SL, Pak and Bangladesh won their respective games.

Similarly post that SA-NZ game, there has been glut of unbelievable results. ICC tournaments come to life mid way :cantstop:

8 hours ago, maniac said:

Wow what a script today.

i get it- Aus wins today

Won't be surprised if Semis are between India-Pakistan and England-Australia.

Finally figured it out.

See it was always destined to be Ind vs Pak and Eng vs Aus but rain played spoil sport however amazing backup  script here

It will be Ind vs Eng final - blockbuster

Aus vs Eng- blockbuster

Ind vs Nz- easy passage for India to get to finals. More like a smoke/samosa  break item song.

Pak will not be too dejected as they got their heartwarming comeback story of just missing the bus. Cricket is saved here

SL too almost qualified when they had no shot at the beginning of the tourney. Beat England .Again it’s not doom and gloom here

Bangladesh- their player will win man of the tourney and their performance did no harm to enhancing the popularity of this sport were they are already the 2nd biggest market in SC.

Afghan- Almost won against Ind,Pak and SL so they will go back on not the worst note.

SA- ended a campaign on a high of beating Aus and avenging 1999. It depends on how you end and SA will remember the positive end to their campaign. Perfect script 

WI- began and ended on a positive note just like a good script.

Overall a happy and satisfying  way to write all characters on the script :hatsoff: kudos governing council

Edited by maniac