India has chased only once this WC and struggled.

I don't see us chasing 275+ scores.

We limped our way to chase a subpar target against a washed up SA side where one batsman scored half the runs. Even Pak has managed to chase a sub par total yesterday.

We have not been tested here yet.

The big teams Aus,Eng,SA and Pak have all fumbled chasing big scores. I think only Bangladesh has chased a big total.

Hopefully we get this out of the way in the next few games or else we will be caught right in the jugular in the knockouts similar to CT.

Just now, Nikola said:

If we bowl first more often than not opponents will struggle to score 250+ against our bowling attack.

Here is the problem, if the team say even gets to 250 they will fancy their chances if they get our top 2 now with Shikhar out. You saw how SA shoulders dropped after they dropped Rohit otherwise they came all guns blazing initially.

Guys like Jadhav and Dhoni can get us to a safe defendable target but once the opposition  score is 250+ that puts pressure on the top 2 knowing how crap the middle order is.

As I said every team bar Bangladesh in that one off game has struggled to chase par scores.

5 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

We should probably just forfeit the rest of the matches and go home.  It was fun while it lasted I guess.

Do you think we have been tested chasing par scores? We have batted first in every game bar SA. What is the probability that we will keep batting first till the knockouts? 

Aus,Pak and Nzl all 3 have good bowling line ups and if they limp their way to even 250+ don’t you think they will fancy their chances against our middle order?

Few gentlemen here are fully endorsing my point here ,we should be proactive in our last two league matches,try to figure out our best possible xi,who knows one who is warming bench now may light up the wc for us specially KOs

We should opt chasing to scale our ability before KOs

Just now, philcric said:

We have not been tested yet on Mon, Tue and Fri.

All our games have been on Wed, Thu, Sat and Sun.

I see some big teams fumbled on Mon and Fri.

Lame

not the same as batting first or chasing in a game.

The pattern has been teams have fumbled chasing. India included which just happened to get over the line.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Hope we get the chasing practice in the remaining games. If we seal the deal against Eng, we must opt to chase against Ban/SL no matter the conditions.

yes, we should have experimented more against the minnows like SL and Pak and Afg.