rkt.india

Is Shami already an Indian fast bowling legend or fast becoming one? What does stats say!

Shami on rampage is by far one of the best bowler in world, hell an onsong shami is a far potent threat than even bumrah ,coz shami's spells are match changing and and on song shami is sight to behold a captains delight he can school best of batsmen he will swing it away nip in reverse it has an excellent Yorker a superb bouncer is quick and has good change of pace. 

Edited by vayuu1

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Shami reminds me of Ryan Harris, extremely dangerous,a quality pacer ,can decimate opposition in a spell 

Don't know how have I drawn similarity between the two but Shami reminds me of that Aussie pacer

Maybe his delivery which knocked out Shai Hope's stumps made you think of the similarity. That was an amazing delivery which left the batsman shell shocked. When a bowler is sending down deadly balls like that, batsmen become very tentative.

3 minutes ago, nevada said:

Maybe his delivery which knocked out Shai Hope's stumps made you think of the similarity. That was an amazing delivery which left the batsman shell shocked. When a bowler is sending down deadly balls like that, batsmen become very tentative.

Nah shami mostly is similar to Ryan harris because of wrist & seam position which is almost upright every time and that helps you even on flattest decks.

2 hours ago, Adi BB said:

Shami is a match changer, he is an out and out wkt taker and his strike rate says that be any format .

he has to play all the wc matches till the end 

Yes, he is in amazing form and has to be part of the X1. If Bhuvi is fully recovered we can bring him in for Shankar. Kedar, Dhoni and Hardik can play at 4,5,6 respectively followed by Bhuvi at 7. 6 good batters(at-least on paper) should be good enough to win a game.

8 minutes ago, nevada said:

Yes, he is in amazing form and has to be part of the X1. If Bhuvi is fully recovered we can bring him in for Shankar. Kedar, Dhoni and Hardik can play at 4,5,6 respectively followed by Bhuvi at 7. 6 good batters(at-least on paper) should be good enough to win a game.

current bowling unit is doing perfectly well.  problem at this point is batting in middle order, cant replace a batsman with a bowler.  To balance things out, we actually need one more fast bowling alrounder like Pandya, even if he worse in batting than Pandya but better with the ball or even a spin bowling alrounder in the same vain.  Need to develop Darshan Nalkande quickly.

Edited by rkt.india

In land of dinda and prasad, he is the real GOD of bowling along side with Bumrah. 

His Test average is 29 with strike rate 52 which is above average. Anything below 30 in test and strike rate close to 50 is good. He can improve massively in Test aren. In ODI, 24 ave is top of the line. Only freaks like murli would have 22 average.

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

current bowling unit is doing perfectly well.  problem at this point is batting in middle order, cant replace a batsman with a bowler.  To balance things out, we actually need one more fast bowling alrounder like Pandya, even if he worse in batting than Pandya but better with the ball or even a spin bowling alrounder in the same vain.  Need to develop Darshan Nalkande quickly.

Yes we should develop Darshan Nalkande quickly.

Batting sessions for 2 days with MS Dhoni,

Bowling sessions with Phaaaaast Umesh Yadav for 2 ddays

All-rounder session with Abdur Razzaq for 7 days (guy needs money :sad:)

And book flight on goibibo to England. He will be available for semis well prepared.

N.B: Dude the poster was talking about the World Cup. 

11 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Shami reminds me of Ryan Harris, extremely dangerous,a quality pacer ,can decimate opposition in a spell 

Don't know how have I drawn similarity between the two but Shami reminds me of that Aussie pacer

That’s actually a very good comparison 

Unbelievable that bhuvi gets picked over him. Now before @beetle and @New guy troll vote me, I think Bhuvi has a place as a 3rd seamer.

However Pandya and the rise of the 2 wrist spinners means one of Bhuvi or Shami have to play :(( 

Actually Bhuvi might make more runs than Vijay Shankar Anyways and Also has better awareness than Pandya even though cannot be as destructive.

2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Yes we should develop Darshan Nalkande quickly.

Batting sessions for 2 days with MS Dhoni,

Bowling sessions with Phaaaaast Umesh Yadav for 2 ddays

All-rounder session with Abdur Razzaq for 7 days (guy needs money :sad:)

And book flight on goibibo to England. He will be available for semis well prepared.

N.B: Dude the poster was talking about the World Cup. 

And I didn't know that.  Nothing is going to change this WC. So it's useless talking about it.

Darshan fine as a back up pacer . Right now i feel we need a very good bat who can bowl spin as we need 6 bowling options at all times and it is better to have 2 bowlers one a pacer (hardik) and the other a spinner . Since  white ball hardly swings and  a part time spinner may be a better option than medium pace as most one day matches have flattish pitches . 

Sadly can't see an obvious choice right now . Was hoping Iyyer ( need to show bowling skills) , Hanuma ( should bat agrresively & doubts about short stuff), Deepak Hooda( has not piled on runs, bit of a disapointment) , W. Sundar ( batting - no improvement )  but none have come up to that level yet. 

We may also have to see if some from younger lot leaps  ahead likes of Riyan Parag or one of the current u-19 bats who bowl a bit .

Ravindra-Jadeja.jpg

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Unbelievable that bhuvi gets picked over him. Now before @beetle and @New guy troll vote me, I think Bhuvi has a place as a 3rd seamer.

However Pandya and the rise of the 2 wrist spinners means one of Bhuvi or Shami have to play :(( 

Actually Bhuvi might make more runs than Vijay Shankar Anyways and Also has better awareness than Pandya even though cannot be as destructive.

I troll voted you for the bold. 

Look nothing against the guy. Hardworking and has skills but his stats are thoroughly mediocre. I mean very very mediocre for having played so many International matches. I am hearing from last 3 years about how bhuvi has changed and he will improve his stats but  I bet if you actually filter it for last 3 years they would be similar or even worse.

20 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

He will become the highest wicket taker of this world cup. 

Note this. 

No way. he has already missed 3 matches + 1 match washed out. At best he might reach 18-20 wickets but starc/bumrah will get 25+ wickets till then.

Just now, Pollack said:

Look nothing against the guy. Hardworking and has skills but his stats are thoroughly mediocre. I mean very very mediocre for having played so many International matches. I am hearing from last 3 years about how bhuvi has changed and he will improve his stats but  I bet if you actually filter it for last 3 years they would be similar or even worse.

I would pick Bhuvi over Umesh Yadav and the remaining trundler factory like Khaleel,Kaul,Chahar.

Saini etc are good but Bhuvi is a better option as a total package. He has done nothing to be dropped

Just now, maniac said:

I would pick Bhuvi over Umesh Yadav and the remaining trundler factory like Khaleel,Kaul,Chahar.

Saini etc are good but Bhuvi is a better option as a total package. He has done nothing to be dropped

Even I would pick bhuvi over those mentioned. But it's about time to look past Bhuvi even for a 3rd seamer. Time to not get satisfied with mediocrity and hunt for better options even for a 3rd seamer.

30 minutes ago, maniac said:

Bhuvi was playing equally well so why is that so unbelievable? And to me it's equally unbelievable that with bhuvis test record shami is selected a head of him in tests. Don't see you complaining then 

20 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Even I would pick bhuvi over those mentioned. But it's about time to look past Bhuvi even for a 3rd seamer. Time to not get satisfied with mediocrity and hunt for better options even for a 3rd seamer.

Mediocre because you say so? He has the best test record among any indian fast bowler who played so many matches. The bias is so obvious it's not even funny any more. 

25 minutes ago, Pollack said:

These stats worshipers go missing whenever bhuvis tests records are mentioned. See I would agree with you if you were not such an absolute hypocrite when it comes to cherry picking stats. If you want to blindly go by stats bhuvi should be picked ahead of Shami in every single test match. Or else stop talking about stats 

His runup used to feel like he is dragging himself but now his runup is smooth and he is looking fit. This is translating into superior performances.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Shami, along with Bumrah, have the widest range of skills I have ever seen from an Indian pacer.

High Pace

Bounce

Accuracy

Beautiful seam position 

Seam movement both ways

Reverse swing 

Some conventional swing when conditions are helpful

Hostile bouncers

Deadly yorkers

Slower balls 

Sustaining pace in test matches

The only thing missing was fitness. 

Shami 2.0, starting tour of Australia 2018-19, has rectified this too.

Edited by express bowling

2 hours ago, New guy said:

Bhuvi was playing equally well so why is that so unbelievable? And to me it's equally unbelievable that with bhuvis test record shami is selected a head of him in tests. Don't see you complaining then 

Only time bhuvi is better than shami in tests is on green top. He sadly missed test series vs england due to injury where he would have gotten chance ahead of shami but in any other conditions shami will be first choice anyday.