Sign in to follow this  
maniac

We don’t deserve to win the WC with this attitude

Apparently we were playing for NRR and to be safe.

Thats not what a champion team does.

Look at Australia. Only team with a guaranteed qualification and still injury prone guys like Starc and Cummins we’re going full throttle.

this is a shameful approach. Losing a match happens, I would have been ok if India got bundled out for 100 by a hostile spell by the opposition but this is disgraceful.

Go Australia!!!

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Apparently we were playing for NRR and to be safe.

Thats not what a champion team does.

Look at Australia. Only team with a guaranteed qualification and still injury prone guys like Starc and Cummins we’re going full throttle.

this is a shameful approach. Losing a match happens, I would have been ok if India got bundled out for 100 by a hostile spell by the opposition but this is disgraceful.

Go Australia!!!

We don’t deserve to win the WC with this attitude --> it's simple. we won't. not with an absent middle order and a tail that begins at 4.

It's true but come come on ,who would not want to win the world cup? We know our team is not that great but somehow if we click on the 2 KO days ,I'd take it with both hands. Average teams have also won the world cup .

But in my POV, I dont think we'll win the whole thing 

57 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Wow, so much overreaction!

The ironic thing is that Australia too played for NRR when they were chasing 350 against us. Warner 56 off 84. :phehe:

the chase was pretty much similar to that match

Dont blame any bat apart from changing team right in middle of tournament. As expected, we traded Shankar with untried Pant and traded loss for win.

If Pant is to play, he should bat in last 10 overs. He got out exactly same way at exact same spot I predicted where English will get him. 

1 hour ago, mishra said:

I have zero expectation for Pant against sides like England Australia and kiwis

did you also have 0 expectations from him when he scored centuries in eng and aus in tests? if so, it must have been a (un)pleasant surprise.

Just now, Vijy said:

did you also have 0 expectations from him when he scored centuries in eng and aus in tests? if so, it must have been a (un)pleasant surprise.

No.  I can easily respond to you saying we are playin ”ODI” world cup. But fact is, these 3 sides understand game technically and Pant has to change his game a little, that includes wearing keeping gloves and not missing stumping