Adios Pakistan

30 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Naah, Pakistan isn't coming back stronger in 2023. In fact I reckon they will be below Bangladesh. Their are structural problems related to Pakistan cricket which ties in with the economy.

The bangla team would be a very good team in coming days especially in SC  pitches. Their young batsmen look really good and        bat agressively , play short ball and back of the length balls very well now . Their game vs spin is good . FIzz back to old self.

Couple of good pace bowlers and they will be a TOP side .      

On a slow & Low pitch they can strangle teams .   

53 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I think Pak played better than expectations, they had a 11/12 match losing streak and then that massacre against WI. The wins against Eng and NZ were high quality, good entertainment against Aus and Afg. In Babar they might have found their greatest ODI batsman since Inzi, maybe even Javed...I have been impressed by his growth, that 100 against NZ was a masterclass. Afridi is a good find, Amir has been brilliant, Haris made impact straight away.... but only 5-6 players pick themselves. Time for a mass clean up (including coaches, selectors etc), special focus should be on developing attacking spinners for WC 2023 in India. And FGS set right your awful fielding, no excuse for such pathetic catching/fielding in 2019. Even fitness standards looking abysmal, not a professional unit from neutral pov. 

they need to get rides of the likes of malik, hafeez, jacket (wahab) and even hasan ali. Shaheen, Babar, Amir, Haris are the 4 who should be retained. I'm on the fence regd Imam, Shadab, Forker and Imad.

1 hour ago, cric_fan said:

I had high hopes, naturally. Sadly, it was not to be. Yes I feel very sad/upset. But, I am proud of how you fought from being bottom of the pile to almost 4th. To beat favourites Eng & a unbeaten NZ was inspirational. The 92 vs 19 comparison was fun whilst it lasted..gave padosis a scare infact :D

Indian’s can diss all they want but fact is Ind cricket is far superior. Good luck to them in the semi’s & final!

As for Pak team, I am looking forward to the retirement of Malik & Hafeez..two very average cricketers that have had a free ride for the last 10yrs. I believe these two have been a massive obstacle.

We’ll be back stronger in 2023.

Actually for all the fun I make of the team, I wished that BD and/or Pak were in the semis. It just spices things up. For all the conflicts, rivalry, etc that exists between Indians and padosis on both sides, there are more things common between us that not. Good luck to Pak abd Bdesh in the future. For Pak, they need shed some old baggage and get a new captain in. 

2 hours ago, cric_fan said:

I had high hopes, naturally. Sadly, it was not to be. Yes I feel very sad/upset. But, I am proud of how you fought from being bottom of the pile to almost 4th. To beat favourites Eng & a unbeaten NZ was inspirational. The 92 vs 19 comparison was fun whilst it lasted..gave padosis a scare infact :D

Indian’s can diss all they want but fact is Ind cricket is far superior. Good luck to them in the semi’s & final!

As for Pak team, I am looking forward to the retirement of Malik & Hafeez..two very average cricketers that have had a free ride for the last 10yrs. I believe these two have been a massive obstacle.

Malik and Hazeez are unique cricketers , there never been more cricketers who were so mediocre but lucky to have such a long career and were made captains too.  

2 hours ago, retired_hurt said:

Imam hul haq would be better choice as a captain. Babar isn't captaincy material.

Agree , Babar doesn;t have personality for a national captain. Imam should be the captain of ODI team and Imam the test captain. Both are just OK cricketer but that s all Pakistan have at the moment. 

7 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Your team has performed way better than anyone have expected. Still have one game left to leave the WC on a high note.

Look at the bright side of this, at least this will trigger major changes in pak cricket - which will be better for the long run!

2023 WC, pak team will be right back up there with young legs and now juniors turning into mature players. 

6 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

This was a fun World Cup. The boys tried there best to make most of the chances we got. I enjoyed last bit of energy from the team when all seemed lost. Gotta try next time.

Yes, good comeback from the Pakistan team after disappointing losses to the West Indies and India. They defeated title contenders England and an unbeaten NZ. The bowling looks promising with Shahin Afridi and the batting also looks decent with Babar, Haris, Imam, etc.