Imagine the Pressure on Rohit and Virat

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

kohli has a history of going missing in WCs and bashing teams in ODI bilaterals. he is the rich man's amla and ABDV.

ABDV has a great WC record, moreover rain/fate robbed him in the 2015 SF cos he was in the mood to cement his legacy. Atm Kohli is like Amla. 

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

ABDV has a great WC record, moreover rain/fate robbed him in the 2015 SF cos he was in the mood to cement his legacy. Atm Kohli is like Amla. 

well, I agree that he has a great WC record but the likes of that blitzkrieg 100 against windies don't count for a lot in my book. what I remember most about ABDV apart from the 2015 SF is how he choked and ran like a headless chicken against that 2011 QF vs NZ. He is clearly one of the very greatest ODI cricketers to grace the game (and one of the most talented ever too), but he has some blemishes on his record. He is definitely far better than mental midget Amla (another highly talented bat) and currently better than VK.

17 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Virat 50s were crucial against Aus, Pak and WI. Stop under rating him, yes he has not scored 100s but he has been pivotal. Virat's record is such anything less than 100 seems a failure. 

However I still back him to play a huge role in semis

Kohli has done well this World Cup so far.

He has to convert one of his 50+ into a big century that forms the backbone of the entire innings in the semi and/or final.

If he fails to do this, then his performance this World Cup would be considered average.

No point of getting good starts if he cant convert them to big 100s.

If Kohli doesn't click India is pretty much out.  Thankfully he stepped up 5 times. 408 in 7 innings at avge of 58 and SR of 96 is a dream world cup for the most.  As long as Kohli is at the crease chase is on. You can't say the same about Smith, Amla etc.  For the record he has more runs in 1 world cup final than Tendulkar in 2 world cup finals.

On 7/5/2019 at 11:01 AM, maniac said:

Given how pathetic the middle order is when we couldn’t even get a competitive score against Afghanistan when these 2 got out early and almost lost the game.

It’s a Double edged sword. should they attack from the start? Heck even if they get out in over no.35 it’s curtains most times to estimated score.  

Cant imagine the pressure. Just one poor shot or a great delivery from the bowler and it’s curtains for India to get a par  score.

Rohit has scored 4 100s and a 50, Virat 5 50s, one bad game for both in the knockouts is bound to happen unless we are very very lucky.

The way I see it they have to bat 75+ overs out of the 100 overs in (SF/F)

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

If Kohli doesn't click India is pretty much out.  Thankfully he stepped up 5 times. 408 in 7 innings at avge of 58 and SR of 96 is a dream world cup for the most.  As long as Kohli is at the crease chase is on. You can't say the same about Smith, Amla etc.  For the record he has more runs in 1 world cup final than Tendulkar in 2 world cup finals.

What about semis and quarterfinals

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Final > semi/quarter we can stretch it all the way back to the beginning.  In this type of league every match is important as there is no QF here.  

Semi is as important as final

You don't need to score in semi to reach final, I guess

To kohli or rohit ko semi se rest karwa de

taaki wo final me cute 30 run bana sakey

26 minutes ago, sergio04 said:

Semi is as important as final

You don't need to score in semi to reach final, I guess

To kohli or rohit ko semi se rest karwa de

taaki wo final me cute 30 run bana sakey

You need to score in all the matches.  Not just semi. How do you get to semi? Imagine Kohli and Rohit decided to score only in semi and final. Who is going to take them to semi/final? Pinning their legacy on one match is ridiculous. Bad luck can happen even in the semis. Richards flunked in 2 out of 3 finals. That doesn't diminish his legacy. These are batting paradises. It is going to be battathon. Whoever makes less mistake will score runs. I will value wickets in 2019 semis over runs. Tendulkar semi exploits were against Kenya, Srilanka (which we lost), Pakistan (not exactly his best 50 in his career)

QF,  semis and finals are of equal importance 

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

You need to score in all the matches.  Not just semi. How do you get to semi? Imagine Kohli and Rohit decided to score only in semi and final. Who is going to take them to semi/final? Pinning their legacy on one match is ridiculous. Bad luck can happen even in the semis. Richards flunked in 2 out of 3 finals. That doesn't diminish his legacy. These are batting paradises. It is going to be battathon. Whoever makes less mistake will score runs. I will value wickets in 2019 semis over runs. Tendulkar semi exploits were against Kenya, Srilanka (which we lost), Pakistan (not exactly his best 50 in his career)

If we take all tournaments viv has only 1 century compared to Sachin who has 6.

On 7/5/2019 at 1:40 AM, SRT100 said:

If one of them does not get a 100, India will not win. We have been reduced to the old days of relying on Tendulkar to bat us to a par score or win a game while chasing.

In fact it is better for the batsmen around them to take risks so that Hitman and Kohli can lock up one end.

I dont even think laying a platform is enough either from these two, one of them has to also bat in the 40-50 over range to help the middle order batting score.

If India lose 2/40 in the 10 overs and both those wickets are Hitman and Kohli, the game is all but over.

The crucial thing is to get the playing 11 correct. I am still not sure Pant is the right guy at No 4. If playing Karthik or Jadhav thats the position they need to come at. Also dow e go with a extra Batsman in Jadeja keeping the Boult threat in mind ?

Law of averages say Rohit is up for failure in semis. KL isn't great against moving ball yet so quality bowler like Boult will immensely trouble him. Time for Virat to stand up and deliver that big 100 now.

Edited by DGBOSS
On 7/6/2019 at 2:10 AM, rkt.india said:

How? Kohli has 408 runs in 7 games, Babar 467 in 8. Kohli has 5 50 plus scores, Babar 4.  Babar has an SR of 87, Kohli has 96.

Its the impact of one's game on the teams performance. A Batsman of Kohli's caliber you expect at least 3 100s . Its time it comes in the semis.