vvvslaxman

India vs Sri Lanka, Leeds 03:00 PM IST (09:30 GMT), Jul 06

13 minutes ago, Vijy said:

this could go against Eng, who rely heavily on pattas.

True, they struggled when conditions were damp.  Of course not having Roy made a difference.

Just now, SK_IH said:

The hack in Pant enrages me, no need of that shot

he better learn soon. this is why he has been a much better test player than ODI player. he tends to use his brain more often there.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he better learn soon. this is why he has been a much better test player than ODI player. he tends to use his brain more often there.

Who is more reckless, Pant or Hetmyer?

1 minute ago, Kothili said:

Ask your maa...she is free.

guys come on! India is winning enjoy it! Leave female family members out of banter! keep it funny! :two_thumbs_up:

What an absolute joy of a match to watch.  In hindsight, Bhuvi’s drop of Mathews is probably what allowed KLR to get his century otherwise there would not have been enough runs to chase.

Is Manju an idiot or what why would he keep asking the same question. Which media person says "I want India to play NZ than England".Manju you moron you are doing post game presentation.Nobody is asking your opinion there.

Edited by putrevus

Playing Sri Lanka means lots of records:angel:

Beta Cricbuzz APP

SL vs Ind, Leeds

India won by 7 wkts

SL - 264/7 (50.0 Ovs)
IND - 265/3 (43.3 Ovs)

CRR:  6.09

Batting R(B) 4s 6s SR
Kohli* 34(41) 3 0 82.93
Hardik Pandya 7(4) 1 0 175
Bowling O M R W
Udana 9.3 0 50 1
Partnership: 12(9)
Last wkt: Rishabh Pant lbw b Udana 4(4)
Recent balls: 4 1 . 4 . W | 1 1 Wd 1 1 1 4 | . 1 1
Commentary

Virat Kohli | India captain: This is what consistent performances get you. Proud to be a part of this team. It is a really honor to play for India. More or less everything is set. But we want to be flexible on the day.

Dimuth Karunaratne | Sri Lanka captain: I think from 55/4 we had a good partnership between Angelo and Thirimanne, I felt it was a good score. In the first few overs we have batted well but keep losing wickets after that. We had to rebuild the innings and they did that. Rohit and Rahul batted really well. We have to go, sit back and see what went wrong. We have to speak to the selectors and find some new talent. Sri Lankan cricket will miss him. He has been a wonderful bowler and the man behind the World Cups. Everyone has to end their circle of chapter but it is a chance for the new guys to put their hands up.

Rohit Sharma, Man of the Match: Not really (thought about scoring five hundreds). Like I have been talking about, going out there and do my job. Not thinking about all these kind of milestones. I know if I play well all these things will happen along the way. My job is to keep my head straight and get my team to the finishing line. The shot selection becomes important once you are in. I have to keep telling myself on what sort of shots I can play on that pitch and what sort of bowlers are bowling to me. I try and calculate how I want to go forward based on that. It has paid dividends so far. There has to be some discipline as well in your batting and I have learned that from my past. What has happened has happened, every day is a new day in cricket. I want to start every day as a fresh day. I come out thinking I have not played any ODIs or scored any hundreds in the tournament. That is the mindset I want to get in and I keep telling myself that. Although people around me keep talking about the hundreds, but that is the challenge as a sportsperson. He (Malinga) has been a champion bowler for Sri Lanka and then for Mumbai Indians. I have had a great time playing with him. He is definitely a match-winner. He has shown it over the years how the teams rely on him. I have seen him in close quarters and the cricket world will miss him. As a team we are not thinking about that (Aus-SA game). We have had a great victory today and we want to celebrate that rather than thinking about what is going on there. Whatever opposition comes our way we will put up a show.

18:00 Local Time, 17:00 GMT, 22:30 IST: Used surface. Very slow track. Sri Lanka defended 232 against England here. Only one side had chased 250+ in this World Cup. Looks like India had not heard any of that especially Rohit and Rahul. The openers went about the chase in a professional manner. Rohit gave a blazing start and Rahul was more than happy to play second fiddle. They went about smashing anything that was slightly off and milking the rest. Rohit got to his fifth hundred in this edition and in the process equalled Tendulkar's World Cup record of six. But he soon threw it away as he has done with his last three tons, Rahul took over and got to his maiden World Cup ton. He too perished looking to finish it quickly and Pant followed him. India's captain Virat Kohli ensured there were no more hiccups and sealed his side's 7th win in the tournament.

Most wins against an opponent (ODI)
91 Aus vs NZ
91 Ind vs SL *
90 Pak vs SL
82 Aus vs Eng
77 Aus vs Ind

Both openers scoring 100+ in a WC inngs
U Tharanga (133) & T Dilshan (144) v Zim Pallekele 2011
U Tharanga (102*) & T Dilshan (108*) v Eng Colombo 2011
Rohit Sharma (103) & KL Rahul (100*) v SL Leeds 2019

Highest opening p'ship for India in World Cups
183*R Sharma - KL Rahul v SL Leeds 2019 *
180 R Sharma - KL Rahul v Ban Edgabston 2019
174 R Sharma - S Dhawan v Ire Hamilton 2015
163 A Jadeja - S Tendulkar v Ken Cuttack 1996
153 S Tendulkar - V Sehwag v SL Joburg 2003

Most 100s in World Cups (100s/inngs)
6/16 ROHIT SHARMA
6/44 Sachin Tendulkar
5/42 Ricky Ponting
5/35 Kumar Sangakkara

Most hundreds in an ODI series/tournament
5 Rohit Sharma (WC 2019)
4 Kumar Sangakkara (WC 2015)

21 hours ago, randomGuy said:

I am on hindi commentary but going by posts here, Manju looks like Marathi equivalent of a anti-hindi Tamil moron.

Why would any Native-language first stance(what you call as anti-Hindi) of a non-Hindi native make anyone a Moron, let the native language be Tamil or Marathi or Bengali or Telugu or Malayalam or Kannada or Konkani or Gujrati or Odia or Assamese or Punjabi or Kashmiri or Bhojpuri or Meitiei or Sindhi or Urdu or Sanskrit or Bodo or Dogri or Nepali or Santali? All these great Indian languages are accorded equal official rights in our constitution and forms the basis of the Idea Of India. Respect the Idea of India :isalute:

Edited by AK007

On 7/6/2019 at 10:19 PM, Prakat said:

pitch has dried up like a reunion conversation.

I take umbrage to this comment.

Most reunions are fun. And leaves me with enough gossip for the next 3-4 months.