Watching animation

Vijy

35 minutes ago, velu said:

southpark 

<daylight>

familyguy 

Family guy for the last 10 years , maybe even more has been borderline awful.

South Park is always better. Even though, it has its share of poor episodes/seasons.

On 7/7/2019 at 11:14 AM, Ranvir said:

Yep the 90s anime rocked. Full of violence and swearing. What else could a teenager want :p:

Fanservice. probably lots of it.

Edited by Vijy

On 7/6/2019 at 8:33 AM, I6MTW said:

Cowboy Bepop is overjoyed because it doesn't feel like your traditional, mainstream anime. It was different experience watching it. But I can understand why some people wound not be able to get into it. It's too fast paced. 

My favorite anime's were Yu Yu Hakasho(extremely underrated, even though it's shonen), Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul, One Piece, One Punch man, Sailor Moon, Hellsing , FMA , etc

Yu Yu Hakasho had a cast where all the main characters were likeable, and unlike most shonen anime's/manga, it's wasnt an overpowered one, all the story arcs were pretty good. I grew up watching it on Adult Swim in the States, when I was a kid. One of the first anime I watched was DBZ, it used to air in the evenings there. Very Nostalgic. 

Cowboy Bepop had one of the best Anime theme songs. 

As for Western Animation, Batman the Animated series, is probably one of the best of all time , then the classics such as Looney Tunes , Popeye, Tom and Jerry, Animaniacs, etc. 

Animated Sitcoms such as South Park, Futurama, Early seasons of Simpsons and Family guy were amazing to watch. 

Yes I second Batman the Animated series. Mask of the Phantasm is up there with the best Batman live action films.

On 7/6/2019 at 3:33 AM, I6MTW said:

Cowboy Bepop is overjoyed because it doesn't feel like your traditional, mainstream anime. It was different experience watching it. But I can understand why some people wound not be able to get into it. It's too fast paced. 

My favorite anime's were Yu Yu Hakasho(extremely underrated, even though it's shonen), Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul, One Piece, One Punch man, Sailor Moon, Hellsing , FMA , etc

Yu Yu Hakasho had a cast where all the main characters were likeable, and unlike most shonen anime's/manga, it's wasnt an overpowered one, all the story arcs were pretty good. I grew up watching it on Adult Swim in the States, when I was a kid. One of the first anime I watched was DBZ, it used to air in the evenings there. Very Nostalgic. 

Cowboy Bepop had one of the best Anime theme songs. 

As for Western Animation, Batman the Animated series, is probably one of the best of all time , then the classics such as Looney Tunes , Popeye, Tom and Jerry, Animaniacs, etc. 

Animated Sitcoms such as South Park, Futurama, Early seasons of Simpsons and Family guy were amazing to watch. 

yes, in some respects, Yu Yu Hakasho is underrated. you're right that bepop has an amazing theme song. agree regd batman. one of my fav animation series from childhood, as well as justice league and avatar: the last airbender.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Planning to watch - Isle of Dogs  

Has anyone seen it ???

Didn't see it, but it should be very good at the minimum. Wes Anderson is an excellent director and I enjoyed Fantastic Mr. Fox.

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

Two of my Studio Ghibli favourites - beautiful, enchanting and can be enjoyed on so many levels:

Image result for kiki's delivery service                         Image result for my neighbor totoro

two of my favs as well. kiki in particular is very underrated IMO - an exquisite film overall

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I saw it....it was nice but didnt enjoy it as much as Fantastic mr fox

that's a pity, although not totally unexpected because it's not easy to overtake fantastic mr fox

On 7/10/2019 at 3:32 AM, Mosher said:

Any Attack on Titan fans here? 

For the most part, yes. I think it's somewhat overhyped but there's no denying that it's excellent in the technical sense and very good as far as narration goes (IMO). Seeing inferior spinoffs like "Kabaneri" shows how good AoT is. One other aspect I like about AoT is that the plot has, if anything, continued to get better until what I've seen

Edited by Vijy