MS Dhoni was my captain he will always be my captain: Virat Kohli praises 'Mr Cool'; other players agree

World Cup 2019: Team India made their way to the semi-finals with one game to spare. While India's performance as a whole has been praised, their middle order has raised concerns. The most to face the backlash is former Indian skipper MS Dhoni. From his slow hitting to not being able to give a proper judgement for DRS, the 37-year-old has been the topic of discussion. However, Indian captain Virat Kohli has always backed the wicketkeeper-batsman and has said that the player knows what he is doing in the middle. Even legend Sachin Tendulkar has said on many occasions that, "Dhoni is the best captain I have played under". In a video by ICC, Kohli along with Jasprit Bumrah, Jos Buttler, Mohammad Shahzad and Ben Stokes have words of praises for MSD.

1. 'A huge MS Dhoni fan!' - Jos Buttler

England wicketkeeper Jos Buttler said, "A fellow wicketkeeper, he has been an idol of mine growing up - Mr Cool. I love his persona on the field, he is very calm and in control when he bats. "He has got the lightning fast hands behind the stumps. He loves to take the game deep and I think his unique style is a great ambassador for the game. "I am a huge MS Dhoni fan!"

2. "I love him" - Mohammad Shahzad

Afghanistan wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Shahzad spoke about MS Dhoni. He said, "MS is a very cool man and I love him."

3. 'One of the greats of the game' - Ben Stokes

England's Ben Stokes also praised MS Dhoni. He said, '"One of the greats of the game. Phenomenal wicketkeeper. At the stumps, I don't think anyone will ever be as good as him. "Nothing's new to him. He knows the game inside out and he has done it year after year after year".

4. 'There is so much to learn from him' - Virat Kohli

Indian captain Virat Kohli talks about MS Dhoni's calmness. "What you see from the outside is very different within a person. "His greatest skills is maintaining his composure in the toughest of moments and that's why he is so good and that why he is able to make such good decisions under pressure because he is always calm and composed and he allows himself to get into that space where he can take that important call. "So there is so much to learn from him. When I walked into the team, he was my captain, he is always gonna be my captain in my head." "We all just love having him around and seeing him have so much fun with his cricket now and he just enjoys every minute of being on the field and our understanding has been brilliant over the years. "When I walked into the team, the reason why he gave me chances was because he believed that I play with the right intention and I would do anything for the team and that's why the partnership is so special. "Even off the field, he understands me fully and I understand him completely and I am always up for listening to his advice on the field and it helps immensely to have someone so experienced around."

5. 'Calming influence on the team' - Jasprit Bumrah

Indian bowler Jasprit Bumrah loves his former captain and said, "For me when I came into the Indian team in 2016, he was the captain. "So that was a good relief for me that whenever in doubt, we would run up to him and ask him questions. He is a calming influence on the team. He helps us quite a lot."

LINK

Beat you again @velu

351ny5.gif

Image result for sachin funny

351o0h.gif

Love you Thala

giphy.gif

PR machinery working overtime... All this is happening because there’s real spotlight on Dhoni...

Seriously, I cannot see any justification of Dhoni continuing after this WC as an exciting prospect like Pant is already available and there are other young players waiting in wings to replace the old group of CSK players...

It’ll be hard for BCCI and selectors to justify his continuation...

5 minutes ago, asterix said:

PR machinery working overtime... All this is happening because there’s real spotlight on Dhoni...

Seriously, I cannot see any justification of Dhoni continuing after this WC as an exciting prospect like Pant is already available and there are other young players waiting in wings to replace the old group of CSK players...

It’ll be hard for BCCI and selectors to justify his continuation...

Now almost sounds like BCCI+Kohli  PR machine is working against Dhoni. The accolades, thank you's, leaks, seem to be strategic nudges. 

34 minutes ago, Master_better said:

Kohli knows that without Dhoni's guidance Indian team is nothing. Whole credit goes to Dhoni for taking us to semis. Without his "behind the curtains" leadership, it won't have been possible. Dhoni is a must for India till 2023 WC. I don't see any young wktkeeper capable enough to fill the void if Dhoni hangs his boot as of now. 

BC itna lagaao hai to apney ghar bila le guidance k liey aur zindgi bhar rakh le.