All hail Shakib Al Hasan

GOAT WC performance  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Was the Shakib show the greatest ever overall performance by a player in WC history?

What a WC !!!!! Easily cemented his status as ATG, IMO best ODI AR of this millennium and a sure shot HOFer.

Image result for royal bengal tiger

606 runs, avg 87, SR 96, 2 100s :hatsoff:

11 wickets, avg 36, ER 5.4

:adore: MOTM in all 3 matches BD won (RSA, WI, AFG) 

Most of Shakib's team mates failed, BD hopes rested on senior tiger who promptly stepped up, took responsibility and kept his side in the hunt, finishing the job himself more than once.

Massive massive respect to the Bangladeshi Bagh, surely must be among the greatest WC performances of all time? Where does he rank among the ATGs of this sport?

Image result for shakib al hasan tiger

Edited by Gollum

3rd top run getter, 19th place in wickets column....missed the Lanka match (NR) where he would have probably boosted the stats further.

Batted better than Kohli, Butler, Finch, Root, Bairstow, Morgan etc and equaled Chahal with the ball. Not just the numbers but ATG impact, you always felt BD were in with a chance whenever he was batting or had overs left. 

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ipl is a diff format... shudnt be even a yardstick for such players

T20 requirements are different than ODIs. Shakib is a good batsman but he has his limitations as a stroke maker as he can't bat at a high strike rate and isn't a match winner with the bat in T20s. He is good for a team like BD for whom he is the best but in other top teams, he will found himself lost among big players. He excels when is the lead, but won't when he is a support cast.

Ipl is a diff format... shudnt be even a yardstick for such players
I am aware of that but he was decent to good in previous seasons. Just the fact that this year was one of his worst seasons I thought Shakib the player himself has deteriorated.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, nikred said:

I am aware of that but he was decent to good in previous seasons. Just the fact that this year was one of his worst seasons I thought Shakib the player himself has deteriorated.

SRH if they retain Shakib should look to play him at number 3.He might make an impact at no.3 for them too

30 minutes ago, nikred said:

Yea u cud have an off season.....rohit also didnt have a good season and now look . In some teams u fit better in some dont and many more reason...his game is also suited more for longer formats 

On a side note. for me it has to be Kapil's in 83  when it comes to all round performance.

bat avg: of 60.5 str: 109 bowl avg: 20 econ:2.9 , brilliant fielding , captaning at 24 years, winning the cup beating the GOAT WI team in the final - this has to be the best all round performance ever.

27 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Frankly I can't think Shakib's as a great all round performance. Apart from that 5-for vs minnow Afghans , he avg:ed 62 with the ball.

So I think Shakib's was a great batting performance.

Watched as many WC matches as possible. Apart from the match vs aus, watched all their WC matches. Since their bowling sucked, players took less risk vs him and attacked other bowlers. This plays in for a major factor on why in some of the matches he went wicketless.

57 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

Watched as many WC matches as possible. Apart from the match vs aus, watched all their WC matches. Since their bowling sucked, players took less risk vs him and attacked other bowlers. This plays in for a major factor on why in some of the matches he went wicketless.

in that match vs Afghans Shakib has 2.9 econ & far out weighed every other co-bowler.Apart from that  his econ was 5.78 which was not far  off the pack from avg: econ of the BAN bowlers. That being the case   the above said logic don't make sense.

6 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

in that match vs Afghans Shakib has 2.9 econ & far out weighed every other co-bowler.Apart from that  his econ was 5.78 which was not far  off the pack from avg: econ of the BAN bowlers. That being the case   the above said logic don't make sense.

isn't 5.5ish ish his usual eco rate? Either way, thats pretty decent for a spinner in ENG condition. What is your complain about exactly? You need quality bowlers from both end to put a stop at RR/Batsmen blasting away. Not just from one end, that too when it does not suite your condition.