Underrated Character actors from Regional cinema who need more recognition

maniac

I used to hear a lot about this guy Vijay Sethupathi. Even a guy like Nawazuddin Siddiqui called him one of the finest actors going around in the current gen. Lot of Bollywood and Telugu directors go gaga over his acting skills.

I honestly saw one film of his in the past- Pizza which was just a decent  horror- thriller with no scope for outstanding performances. However I saw him in super deluxe and thought he was outstanding and got the hype.

Similarly there are other actors in the past like Kota Srinivasa Rao. People might remember him from Sarkar ( the Amitabh-RGV movie) who were hailed for their versatility even by big Bollywood stars but obviously never got enough due.

On the other hand there is Prakash Raj- a very good actor in all fairness but a little over rated who has probably made the best transition with caricaturish performances 

From Marathi cinema and guys like @Yoda-esque and @G_B_ correct me if I am wrong but guys like Ashok Saraf and Laxminkant Berde did more versatile roles than comedic roles which they were stuck with in Bollywood.

There are plenty of such amazing character/supporting acts in regional cinema who don’t get enough recognition. That guy who played the Hitman in Kahaani is supposedly a famous Bengali actor. Similarly the guy Diljit from  Udta Punjab was a big star in Punjab before he broke through.

Can you name a few more from regional cinema that are underrated and deserve a lot more recognition.

Edited by maniac

Vijay Sethipathi is not a character actor. He does films in lead roles and even has films in the masala genre. But, yeah he is an extremely talented actor. One of the best in the southern industry.