From October 2016 to now, Jadhav has outperformed Jadeja with the ball

Kedar Jadhav’s Bowling

Wickets: 27

Average: 35.96

Strike Rate: 41.7 

SOURCEhttp://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/290716.html?class=2;spanmin1=01+oct+2016;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Ravindra Jadeja’s Bowling

Wickets: 28

Average: 43.03 

Strike Rate: 52.6 

SOURCEhttp://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/234675.html?class=2;spanmin1=01+oct+2016;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Chullu bhar pani mein doob ke mar ja Jaddu! :hysterical: 

So Jadhav can bowl full quarta of 10 or be chosen solely as a bowler? Or will he last a full tournament ? 

Truth th is Jadhav is a hardworking novelty bowler bowling low trajectory on low pitches - won’t work anywhere else and won’t be able to complete full quota 

can’t be taken as a pure batter either 

as a fielder hehe 

jaddu is your 10 over 50 runs one or no wicket bowler . Batting is a bonus if he clicks but Can stay on crease . 

Fielding saves 10 runs a match 

jadhav is a 5 over 20-40 runs 0-2 wicket bowler and a 20-40 run maker 

won’t comment on his fielding 

both have different roles to play 

Jadeja and Ashwin were rightfully thrown out of the odi setup after CT but he keeps sneaking back in on his mythical allround skills which he has never displayed in limited overs.

In fact I rate Ashwin the much much better LOI player than Jadeja especially bowling. Batting they are on par. Ashwin at least doesn’t bat selfishly. obviously fielding is a no contest

20 minutes ago, mani sha said:

So Jadhav can bowl full quarta of 10 or be chosen solely as a bowler? Or will he last a full tournament ? 

Truth th is Jadhav is a hardworking novelty bowler bowling low trajectory on low pitches - won’t work anywhere else and won’t be able to complete full quota 

can’t be taken as a pure batter either 

as a fielder hehe 

jaddu is your 10 over 50 runs one or no wicket bowler . Batting is a bonus if he clicks but Can stay on crease . 

Fielding saves 10 runs a match 

jadhav is a 5 over 20-40 runs 0-2 wicket bowler and a 20-40 run maker 

won’t comment on his fielding 

both have different roles to play 

If Jadeja’s role is to be a full time bowler, then how the F can you justify and defend his bowling average of 43? :finger:

55 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

If Jadeja’s role is to be a full time bowler, then how the F can you justify and defend his bowling average of 43? :finger:

A 10 over 50 runs is economical 

bhuvi gives you 10 over 65 

both pick up wickets only on particular surfaces 

both are and should be picked depending on match conditions 

the change in odi rules has affected him the most - more powerplays , newer ball and field restrictions . 

He is not a bad bowler . He would have been a superstar bowler in the jayasurya era . 

1 hour ago, SecondSlip said:

Kedar Jadhav’s Bowling

Wickets: 27

Average: 35.96

Strike Rate: 41.7 

SOURCEhttp://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/290716.html?class=2;spanmin1=01+oct+2016;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Ravindra Jadeja’s Bowling

Wickets: 28

Average: 43.03 

Strike Rate: 52.6 

SOURCEhttp://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/234675.html?class=2;spanmin1=01+oct+2016;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Chullu bhar pani mein doob ke mar ja Jaddu! :hysterical: 

I don't think Jaddu ought to be there in KOs, but one point to remember is that he has an ER of <5 (which is rare these days) and that he can bowl 8-9 overs easily on avg. A typical Jaddu record in a match would look something like: 9-0-44-1

Jadhav on the other hand cannot bowl that many overs per match on average. However, it is like comparing apples to oranges since Jadhav is a batsman who bowls a bit and Jaddu is a not-so-effective bowler who bats.

Since when did jhadav bowl with any consistency? I would assume it’s close to the date from which we are seeing the stats?

if so that might explain the discrepancy, jhadav’s action initially had a novelty and batsmen might have found him difficult to put away, but off late they seem to have figured him out and he goes for a lot of runs than he used to.

this is something the stats won’t reveal unless we look at more recent stats compared to older stats. But if I am correct that will explain why jhadav has a better stats than jadega who is considered to be better bowler.

Edited by IndianRenegade
21 hours ago, IndianRenegade said:

Since when did jhadav bowl with any consistency? I would assume it’s close to the date from which we are seeing the stats?

if so that might explain the discrepancy, jhadav’s action initially had a novelty and batsmen might have found him difficult to put away, but off late they seem to have figured him out and he goes for a lot of runs than he used to.

this is something the stats won’t reveal unless we look at more recent stats compared to older stats. But if I am correct that will explain why jhadav has a better stats than jadega who is considered to be better bowler.

I’m not trying to prove that Jadhav is a better bowler. 

What I’m trying to prove is that Jadeja’s bowling average of 43 is a massive red flag that the selectors ignored!