Watching Kohli’s press conference can give you diabetes

once my manager at samsung kept praising me when we were working in some non-android platform arnd 2010 ( literally jobless for 2 years ) ..

later he gave me the bottom rating ( 5 in the scale of 1 to 5 .. 5 being the bottom 5% performers / trouble makers ) during appraisal saying we as a team were just hedges if android flops and asked me to find another job 

He is reading Sun Tzu "The Art of War."

Quotes:

(1) “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” 
 Sun Tzu, The Art of War

(2) “The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” 
 Sun Tzu, The Art of War

(3) “All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.” 
 Sun tzu, The Art of War

(4) “Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.” 

Edited by ExtremeBrainfade
1 hour ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

He is reading Sun Tzu "The Art of War."

Quotes:

(1) “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” 
 Sun Tzu, The Art of War

(2) “The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” 
 Sun Tzu, The Art of War

(3) “All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.” 
 Sun tzu, The Art of War

(4) “Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.” 

Kohli is not smart enough to mimic/imitate Sun Tzu, whose strategy and tactics were exceptional. I think it's just his PR team going into overdrive.

Being classy and humble is fine, but on field he should be the Virat kohli who would tackle anything in his way, take the fight to teams like pakistan and not just australia, and not make decisions with his PR in mind. The aggression is missing, he needs to get that edge back. Still making runs, but more of a slow accumulator type. Hoping he turns up big for these knockout games. They will define his legacy I feel.

2 minutes ago, Reddysaab said:

Kohli needs to stop this goody goody bullshet routine and get real. if india lose to NZ in this "served on a platter semi", its a disgrace.

so pls shut up and thrash NZ and get to final

If we lose, you can be sure Kohli will turn to the press conference and talk about how "nice" NZ team is, how "amazing" Kane is, and how the "better" team won, etc. Unlike in Tests, where Kohli still shows hunger, I feel he doesn't care much whether Ind (or RCB) win in ODIs or T20s.

58 minutes ago, Vilander said:

read this oped in guardian. yup..forget the source.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2019/jul/07/cricket-world-cup-kohli-charm-real-virat-india

It gives some theories, every one is wondering who is this Kohli... may be as this opinion says is for getting his brand a global makeover. 

I agree. This is just brand building bullshit.

The guy gets his centuries from pure aggression. In his bid to lure the global customer,he has lost the fire.

Won't be surprised if he goes back to his old ways to get back into century hitting mode.

He better get back to that because Rohit is beating him on the ground and off the ground.

Rohit is the star of the wc so far.

Rohit's frank talk is such a breath of fresh air compared to the curated bullshit that comes out of kohli.

Off the field too..rohit with his loyal wife and lovely baby are getting more eyeballs than the extremely posed romantic pics of kohli and spouse.

1 minute ago, beetle said:

Rohit is the star of the wc so far.

Rohit's frank talk is such a breath of fresh air compared to the curated bullshit that comes out of kohli.

Off the field too..rohit with his loyal wife and lovely baby are getting more eyeballs than the extremely posed romantic pics of kohli and spouse

tough to beat Rohit as the charm is effortless in his case, dad bod wife and that little dumpling with his scarcely believable batting. But Kohli..Kohli is king dude, if he is charming it just means people note he chose to be charming.