Sign in to follow this  
sage

Manju strikes back vs Jadeja

12 minutes ago, flamy said:

WTF? Do ICF experts have test wickets? Analysis is analysis.

Agreed. Harsha also striking back against this insipid criticism 

hssv1cqcpz831.jpg?width=695&auto=webp&s=526564b5803dbe037dbfb167ca83886a2108c13b

1 hour ago, sage said:

:giggle:

Sanju seems to have forgotten to add: Jadhav has 9 wkts in 13 matches (where he bowled only 10 innings) against NZ at an avg of 29.00 and an ER of 4.92. Thus, Jadhav almost has 1 wkt per innings against NZ.

2 hours ago, flamy said:

Neither Harsha nor Sanju are new Journos but they are official commentators. We dont want to fall into situation when such guys are making it a ego issues and start picking stats from statsguru and manufacturing the consent of general public. Its very dangerous and Sanju should be asked to relieve his duties as his actions and words are directly against BCCI aka conflict of interest. Harsha should be asked to STFU.

If they really want to tweet stuff, resign from official post. As office itself has selected Jaddu.

Lean from  KP , He kept silent when asked about Strauss. Have some Common sense please.

the problem with looking at these numbers is that they dont look at the context of the match. Lets say a spinner players on a total flat bed in NZ and a spinner plays on a spinning deck v NZ in India. How is that like for like?

the last time Jadeja played NZ is in 2014. Of 8 games v NZ 7 were on totally flat wickets in NZ

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/234675.html?class=2;host=5;template=results;type=allround;view=innings

One can argue Jadeja has a better average with the bat and should play ahead of many batters v NZ

Lets all get one thing straight folks - the only reason Jadeja was good last match was because of the used pitch. His returns may not be as stellar on fresh pitch. He was still firing it in...the pitch just happened to grip a lot more. 

Having said that, I sense that the TM will go with Jadeja + Chahal with DK at #7 tomorrow.

3 hours ago, flamy said:

true ,plus manju is irritating most of the time but he surely does good analysis at times which people don't like because it's the reality.

Jaddu should have ignored him when he called him bits and pieces cricketer .

Imagine Tendulkar calling media person's, when newspaper heading stated its   Endulkar after 2007 exit.

Edited by Stuge

24 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

the problem with looking at these numbers is that they dont look at the context of the match. Lets say a spinner players on a total flat bed in NZ and a spinner plays on a spinning deck v NZ in India. How is that like for like?

the last time Jadeja played NZ is in 2014. Of 8 games v NZ 7 were on totally flat wickets in NZ

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/234675.html?class=2;host=5;template=results;type=allround;view=innings

One can argue Jadeja has a better average with the bat and should play ahead of many batters v NZ

There was a reason why Jaddu was left from Indian team after 2017 Ct final.Sorta agrees with Ajay Jadeja ,do  what worked for you against New Zealand in general or otherwise  in the recent past .He was simple ..If you take wickets early ...95%...any of these spinners will do the job if you don't ...they will find it  very hard .

As I said in some topic. KulCha should be the preferred spinners at Old Trafford...

Jaddu could’ve been handy at a Edgebaston with short boundary one side...

Rahul

Rohit

Kohli

Pant

HaPa

Dhoni

Bhuvi

Chahal

Kuldeep

Shami

Bhumrah

However, I’m getting a bad feeling... I feel Rohit might fail against Boult tomorrow...

Im getting a good feeling of Kohli scoring big tomorrow...

54 minutes ago, mishra said:

Neither Harsha nor Sanju are new Journos but they are official commentators. We dont want to fall into situation when such guys are making it a ego issues and start picking stats from statsguru and manufacturing the consent of general public. Its very dangerous and Sanju should be asked to relieve his duties as his actions and words are directly against BCCI aka conflict of interest. Harsha should be asked to STFU.

If they really want to tweet stuff, resign from official post. As office itself has selected Jaddu.

Lean from  KP , He kept silent when asked about Strauss. Have some Common sense please.

They are paid to analyse, and so they will analyse. :dontknow:

The argument should be on his analysis, not his cricketing career. (the post I was replying to)

21 minutes ago, flamy said:

They are paid to analyse, and so they will analyse. :dontknow:

The argument should be on his analysis, not his cricketing career. (the post I was replying to)

The very assumption that Sanju is doing analysis is falling into his trap. Analysis expectect from Sanju is about technique, weakness, strength, conditions, in play situation , strategy and the game itself. Not stats guru. But then again, best analysis you get from Sanju is “bits and pieces”

So, my problem is. I don’t want crass,offensive ,disrespectful, egoistic analysis on BCCI/ICC payroll. Pvt channels can pay Basit Ali. They can pay Manju too. Icc can’t justify Manju

Edited by mishra

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

Sanju seems to have forgotten to add: Jadhav has 9 wkts in 13 matches (where he bowled only 10 innings) against NZ at an avg of 29.00 and an ER of 4.92. Thus, Jadhav almost has 1 wkt per innings against NZ.

I think he said 'Get Jadhav In' and then decide on other spinners based on stats and conditions.. 

He is not wrong this time... but, again, he shouldn't have named Jadeja in his original comment

^ See, most analyst put a view who should be in playing 11 and who shouldn’t, based on stats. They are entitled to have their opinion. But they aren’t disrespectful or making offensive comments towards them players

Edited by mishra

Manju has become like one of our resident stats manipulator. Jaddu last played against NZ was way back in 2014. Even there his ER was not that bad. It was his 2010 outing against NZ was bad. For christsake it was so old that they had Jacob Oram, Tuffey, Styris in that squad.

Jadeja should play in place of Jadhav as all-rounder,6th bowler & not in place of KulCha.

Kuldeep,Chahal,Bhuvi,Shami are competing for 2-3 spots.If TM is brave,they can play all 4 of them & not play either of Jadhav,Jadeja or DK. This way 5 proper bowlers & Hardik as 6th bowler. 

This is how he has been justifyng the inclusion of Dhoni. Why can't the players come together and post more against this * sucker and expose his agenda. Fans will be more than willing to give them a hand just to remove this pest from the commentary. 

Nothing about Striking or abusing

its all Dhoni plan to

motivate Jaddu indirectly. See what happend in last match and u ll see MOM performance in NZ game.

its Dhoni advice to Manju to tweet -ve about jaddu

u might see few more before final

6 hours ago, mishra said:

The very assumption that Sanju is doing analysis is falling into his trap. Analysis expectect from Sanju is about technique, weakness, strength, conditions, in play situation , strategy and the game itself. Not stats guru. But then again, best analysis you get from Sanju is “bits and pieces”

So, my problem is. I don’t want crass,offensive ,disrespectful, egoistic analysis on BCCI/ICC payroll. Pvt channels can pay Basit Ali. They can pay Manju too. Icc can’t justify Manju

Statsguru is one of the tools for analysis, sheesh. Plus, in this case, I actually happen to agree with him, because Jaddu will not do well on a fresh pitch. However, I'd pick Jaddu in place of Jadhav, and maybe play 3 seamers with Chahal in there. 

Using stats to push an agenda, I get your issue. But posters, or even Jaddu, speaking of Manjrekar's record is a logical fallacy. It is like saying movie critics need to be moviemakers. That is all the point I am positing here.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Dhoni missed a stumping chance and gave 5 wides , first ball of Chahal.

That wide ball was even wide ball in test matches too. When allmoat every bowler and fielder was doing his bit, to say the least, Chahal had a forgettable day.