rkt.india

1st Semi-final, India vs NZ, ICC Cricket World Cup at Manchester, Jul 9 2019

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Can't believe 2 overs of Bumrah will go unused because of that duffer captain of ours :facepalm:

Are you serious ? 

How would the duffer captain have known if it's going to rain and exactly when? 

If he had used up Bumrah before 46 overs and it doesn't rain , then ? Pandya will end up clobbered and all hell will let loose over that decision. 

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Can't believe 2 overs of Bumrah will go unused because of that duffer captain of ours :facepalm:

Can't fault him for that, it was just bad luck. We are playing just 2 front line pacers. Couldn't have risked Pandya at the death. 

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

Are you serious ? 

If he had used up Bumrah before 46 overs and it doesn't rain , then ? Pandya will end up clobbered and all hell will let loose over that decision. 

True. And what if rain had stopped after 1 he, with no reduction in overs 

7 minutes ago, Norman said:

Are you serious ? 

Forecast said so (heavy downpour), groundsmen were there on their marks ready to run in on over 40, not enough clues for VK?

It would be so much better if VVS commentated in Hyderabadi lingo.

When Rohit gets out cheap: Maaa ki kirikiri !!!!

Is India in a good position: Arrey Nakko re

Speaking of Manju: Labbar ki chappal leker maaro usku 

Speaking of Bewda: Moo phod detum saale ki

Edited by NameGoesHere

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Forecast said so (heavy downpour), groundsmen were there on their marks ready to run in on over 40, not enough clues for VK?

It's impossible to predict when a slight drizzle will pick up pace. It took 6 overs of time to get heavy . Had it stayed like that for more 15 minutes , we would have had the full Nz innings. And Pandya Bhuvi would have screwed us at the death, if Bumrah had bowled out. 

Just now, Norman said:

It's impossible to predict when a slight drizzle will pick up pace. It took 6 overs of time to get heavy . Had it stayed like that for more 15 minutes , we would have had the full Nz innings. And Pandya Bhuvi would have screwed us at the death, if Bumrah had bowled out. 

No point debating with hindsight folk lol

Cricinfo and cricbuzz are so contradictory at times. 

One says we already started losing overs and the other says we will begin losing overs in 30 minutes time. 

One says it is getting brighter and the other says drizzling still. 

Maane toh maane kisko. 

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

One says we already started losing overs and the other says we will begin losing overs in 30 minutes time. 

Maane toh maane kisko. 

CB is right, include mid-innings break as well. 22 more minutes before we start losing overs. 

Edited by Gollum

3.40pm "The intensity of the rain has reduced significantly," reports Sambit from Old Trafford. "It's sawdust drizzle now and bare-headed grounds staff can be seen on the field."
3.40pm "The intensity of the rain has reduced significantly," reports Sambit from Old Trafford. "It's sawdust drizzle now and bare-headed grounds staff can be seen on the field."

So if we don't get any play today, then the match continues tomorrow with the full 50 overs I suppose.  Otherwise, this will be a reduced overs match.

Just now, vice said:

So if we don't get any play today, then the match continues tomorrow with the full 50 overs I suppose.  Otherwise, this will be a reduced overs match.

yes, but if we have tried a few overs and dls, it will continue as a t20 game :wall:

Just now, Norman said:

Not weird....just cute. :love:

weird in the sense doesn't suit her. she has a husky voice. her speech and laugh don't match.

I am over analyzing her. now that might be creepy :nervous:

For our sake, hope no more play is possible today. No need a 20 over match with more 7.5 Rpo. Our batters take time to settle down before attacking. 4 overs each from Boult, Henry could tricky. And we cant under estimate the power of Thala consolidation even in 20 overs. 

2 minutes ago, vice said:

I think match will continue with 20 overs tomorrow. Not fully sure though. Someone may correct. 

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Rain is heavy again. Just what I wanted. 

I want a full game tomorrow.  Not any t20 tamasha. It's world cup for god's sake. 

Gangu said it ll be under covers and slow down so he wants to finish today at any cost

1 minute ago, rageaddict said:

I think match will continue with 20 overs tomorrow. Not fully sure though. Someone may correct. 

if there are no over bowled today...NZ will continue from 211 /5 at 46.1 overs.

11 minutes ago, Norman said:

Maane toh maane kisko. 

lets it be ...if they come out to play...just cheer your team :phehe:

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

Rain is heavy again. Just what I wanted. 

I want a full game tomorrow.  Not any t20 tamasha. It's world cup for god's sake. 

where is this from? I dont see any updates...

3 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

If there is no more play possible today then NZ will resume and complete their balance 3.5 overs and India to play with 50 overs subject no rains tomorrow. It will be better for us no more play possible today. 

4.25pm Sambit Bal is on the sun rain watch at Old Trafford:" Almost feels like sun is out even though it isn't and it has almost stopped raining... but almost is the operative word... till it has completely stopped, there can't be an inspection"

7 minutes ago, Adorable Fan said:

If there is no more play possible today then NZ will resume and complete their balance 3.5 overs and India to play with 50 overs subject no rains tomorrow. It will be better for us no more play possible today. 

70% chance of rain tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

We should rather play full 50 overs tomorrow. 

Nope. You never know what happens tomorrow.Get it over with today. Chasing 140 odd in 20 overs is not that difficult