Pak players trying to avoid dope test?

yoda

Sounds shady. Is this another natak by the PCB? http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/281021.html Altaf was responding to growing concern over the fact that three players from the squad of 15 (and five reserves) were yet to be tested. In particular, the absence of Mohammad Asif and Shoaib Akhtar from the testing, held over the weekend in Karachi and Lahore by the PCB, had led to raised eyebrows.

Re: Pak players trying to avoid dope test? The PCB has confirmed every player will go through Dope tests prior leaving to WC. To be honest it is not too hard for the players to consult a private firm to test them. Once they figure out it is still in their system they will back out from the WC citing injury. On this ground you can still play bilateral series' post world cup. These guys if tested positive again will only have problems participating in ICC events.

Re: Pak players trying to avoid dope test?

How long does a drug remain in your bloodstream after you have used it ?
Depends on the drug. Btw some cyclists start syphoning out their blood before a major event and then put it in cold storage. Then at the time of event by which time their blood levels are back to normal they pump back their stored blood. This helps in transporting extra oxygen to the muscles etc etc. Got to say that it's a really smart ass method---> Autologous BLOOD DOPING it's called.

Re: Pak players trying to avoid dope test? ^^ acc to our resident doc Dhondy, it is not inconceivable that the cheats still test positive for nandro. isnt there gonna be mandatory dope tests before WC from ICC--irrespective of PCB shams?? IIRC, thats how warnie got banned at last WC.

Re: Pak players trying to avoid dope test? The drug remains in ur blood stream for "ATLEAST" 6 months for a single usage... im into sports stuff and been aware of these steroids...Periodic usage of nando for months wud be in ur blood stream for atleast 6 months... my guess is shoaib wont make it ..asif might make it border line..but again this is a very less probability

Re: Pak players trying to avoid dope test? He who eagerly peers into his neighbor's house often burns down his own kitchen with the unattended stove. And he who scorns the downtrodden in their torrid hours, often finds the journey to the zenith quite lonely and ingratifying. Lend a hand or shed a tear but scorn the pitiful with fear; for the pendulum of time swings either ways...

Re: Pak players trying to avoid dope test? To be honest it is a shame, Pakistan cricket is in this state. All this simply because they let off couple of druggies unpunished. Now look at the Aussies, their premier bowler did a druggie and they nipped it in the bud. They sent a strong message by banning their premier bowler for about a year. Similarly with Andrew Symonds during the English tour. When he pushed aside his professionalism and showed an attitude they promptly rested him for a game to indicate bad behaviour will not go unpunished not withstanding the stature of the player. Compare this with Shoaib Akthar, he continues to throw a fit every time he is selected and PCB continue to invest in him time and money. If they had had simply dropped him for couple of games citing bad behaviour and unprofessionalism he would have fallen in line with team's needs. They did this with match fixing too, they didn't really nip it in the bud and it came to its head in the end. Players do their bit to damage Pakistan cricket all right but their administrators are much worse. They let it happen right under their nose and have pressed a self destruct button on a frequent basis.

Re: Pak players trying to avoid dope test? Most of us are disgusted at this unprofessionalism of PCB, to be honest. But the Pak fans do not think that it is the players' fault that they took drugs. They are reluctantly blaming Shoaib but are still buying the 'ignorace theory' for Asif who has played international cricket since a year and has even appeared for an English county who have strict rules regarding doping. Let Faisal (MundaPakistani) come and he'll give his two cents!

To be honest it is a shame state of Pakistan cricket is in this state. All this simply because they let off couple of druggies unpunished. Now look at the Aussies, their premier bowler did a druggie and they nipped it in the bud. They sent a strong message by banning their premier bowler for about a year. Similarly with Andrew Symonds during the English tour. When he pushed aside his professionalism and showed an attitude they promptly rested him for a game to indicate bad behaviour will not go unpunished not withstanding the stature of the player. Compare this with Shoaib Akthar, he continues to throw a fit every time he is selected and PCB continue to invest in him time and money. If they had had simply dropped him for couple of games citing bad behaviour and unprofessionalism he would have fallen in line with team's needs.
Match fixing? PAK banned Malik for life and other than that nothing was proven, all the other players from both IND and PAK continued playing for their respective countries. BTW you are once again using the age old argument, so i guess i will ask the same question the following question Please tell me why the "honest" Aussies didn't ban their 2 up and coming stars after this and why did the ACB try to sweep it under the carpet. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/cricket/news/1999/02/24/waugh_warne/

Re: Pak players trying to avoid dope test? Pakistan banned Malik in what 2000 when his career was done and dusted anyways. Wonder whatever happened in the mid 90s. One of your judge was on record about Wasim Akram's involvement too, wonder why they didn?t take any action about him too. As much as you say including BCCI the cricket administrators around the world slept all over this issue. Lest BCCI banned Jadeja for 5 years ensuring one of the main culprits was done and dusted too. That surely was way better than PCB's handling of affairs. SA banned Cronje for ever and banned Gibbs for a year which wasn't too bad either.

BTW you are once again using the age old argument, so i guess i will ask the same question the following question
Never have I defended the Aussies' handling of Mark Waugh and Shane Warne involvement with the bookies. They should have been banned for couple of years each too. I ask you show me one instance where I defended Mark Waugh and Shane Warnie. You can search the board and come up with the statement I made. BTW two wrongs do not make one right. PCB is a joke of an organization and nothing can be doen to bring about a change. Also that is not a personal allegation on you, it is your cricket board that sucks and nothing changes how much ever you debate. Just pray Shoaib, Asif and now Afridi aren't embroiled in any further issues. If they are and if they cannot make it to WC then PCB will plunge much deeper. Players could be prima donnas but the administrators are there to keep a watch on them and from what I have seen they have done absolutely nothing in terms of bringing professionalism in the unit. Every other day there is a back biting and bitching going on in the team. Guess what the same person keeps coming up with the BS and even today PCB line up to stroke his ego. Shoaib is PCB's pet and he simply walks all over them.

Most of us are disgusted at this unprofessionalism of PCB, to be honest. But the Pak fans do not think that it is the players' fault that they took drugs. They are reluctantly blaming Shoaib but are still buying the 'ignorace theory' for Asif who has played international cricket since a year and has even appeared for an English county who have strict rules regarding doping. Let Faisal (MundaPakistani) come and he'll give his two cents!
I am here :wtg: but very busy(fighting against deadlines, something which Shoaib can never do) so i will reply tomorrow.