Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Switchblade

Leaving icf for sometime thread.....please use this thread.

Recommended Posts

Quote

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-vs-england-ben-stokes-out-as-england-name-squad-for-second-test-match/story-KxebOH59U3FhVXv4WpDI1K.html

 

Surrey’s Ollie Pope and Chris Woakes replace Dawid Malan and Ben Stokes respectively in the squad from the first Test at Edgbaston.

“Ollie Pope has made an exceptional start to his first class career. He has reached a 1000 first class runs in just 15 matches and is the first division’s stand-out batsman this season with 684 runs at 85. The selection panel believe that Ollie’s performances and character suggest he is well suited to international cricket,” chief selector Ed Smith spoke after naming the squad.

England squad for the second Test: Joe Root (captain), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Stuart Broad, Jos Buttler, Alastair Cook, Sam Curran, Keaton Jennings, Ollie Pope, Jamie Porter, Adil Rashid, Chris Woakes.

 

Edited by beetle

Share this post


Link to post

I personally feel it's only going to get more interesting now as the selectors and team management realised they gave opportunities to the wrong people last year and planning ahead for the next World Cup, guys like Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, Shubman Gill and other India 'A' performers will get more chances now with guys like Rayudu and Dhoni gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, PBN said:

Too many emotions over decades of watching Indiancricket and lots  to say but at the moment speechless. 

Going on a break until the next big tournament/series. Almost, like the end of a long era.

 

Enjoy your life folks

:tee:

Bye fella 

Share this post


Link to post

It's frustrating and heartbreaking to see india lose so many crunch games and fail to dominate world cricket like the aussies did. India just don't have the tactics and smarts to dominate, that's why they will come short. And they choke in every knockout game since CT2013.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Norman said:

Goodbye ICF , Indian team and international cricket  :ciao:

 

Have to take care of my personal life now. 

 

This match may just have done it for me. 

Will be back when we play tests in New Zealand. Till then everyone take care, be happy . 

 

 

Goodbye. :hatsoff:

same here. Bye

Share this post


Link to post

For me, 2011 World Cup win felt like pinnacle of my emotions as a cricket fan...I cried badly when we lost the 2003 WC Final...from that moment onwards, I have always been waiting to see India lift the cup...and then after seeing us win the 2011 WC felt like peak for me. After that I slowly started losing interest in all the bilateral series, hardly watch any bilateral series these days. It's mainly IPL and ICC tournaments that I follow in cricket these days. These days, I don't feel that sad over any of the losses..feel bad for few mins but then get on with my life. I guess it's something which naturally happens for lot of people as you get old.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

For me, 2011 World Cup win felt like pinnacle of my emotions as a cricket fan...I cried badly when we lost the 2003 WC Final...from that moment onwards, I have always been waiting to see India lift the cup...and then after seeing us win the 2011 WC felt like peak for me. After that I slowly started losing interest in all the bilateral series, hardly watch any bilateral series these days. It's mainly IPL and ICC tournaments that I follow in cricket these days. These days, I don't feel that sad over any of the losses..feel bad for few mins but then get on with my life. I guess it's something which naturally happens for lot of people as you get old.

Yup its just a game. Not your life. As you get older you find more important things to worry about than Kohli and his tea with Shastri.

Share this post


Link to post

Same here. Taking a sabbatical. It pushed my buttons because of the way we lost. Almost feels like my beloved arsenal in the Wenger era circa (2007-2012). So near yet so far, bottling it when it matters the most, deliberately leaving some positions without putting the personnel for it. 

Share this post


Link to post

Been folowing cricket since 1999 ganguly 183 match and never leave cricket since

24 hrs i think abt cricket and like to play cricket

 

anyway end of the day dont want nz to win they dont deserve

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

You were only here for three weeks and now you want a break? :phehe:

I guess 3 weeks were more than enough for Cricket aajkal.

Edited by Stuge

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Norman said:

Anyways.... had a great time here on ICF though it had been only 8-9 months.

 

Had a great time sharing and hearing opinions from all of you. 

 

 

Specially    @Gollum  , @beetle , @zen , @maniac , @DHONI_FANN , @vvvslaxman  , @velu ,  @sandeep 

 

 

Good bye. 

 

We still have to finish two more games. Next big tournament is T20WC.  We are cricket lovers foremost :nod:

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Norman said:

Anyways.... had a great time here on ICF though it had been only 8-9 months.

 

Had a great time sharing and hearing opinions from all of you. 

 

 

Specially    @Gollum  , @beetle , @zen , @maniac , @DHONI_FANN , @vvvslaxman  , @velu ,  @sandeep 

 

 

Good bye. 

 

everything will back to normal .. do visit :icflove:

Share this post


Link to post

don't be so down, this WC was a farce, the whole week of raining washing 4 matches took the stuffing out this joke of a WC

 

poor organisation, rain, scheduling, rain, extreme swings in pitch conditions, rain, long boring group phase, rain

ICC events in England are a borefest.

 

2015 WC defeat was painful, especially after Dhoni didn't step down. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I already lost interest in odis since the last couple of years .

India plays a boring brand of cricket ,nothing exciting like it used to be ,very methodical,full of passengers and budhas and this nonchalant atitude when losing makes it worse .

Test cricket keeps me on because i feel we are pretty decent in that arena and have an exciting team 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, chewy said:

don't be so down, this WC was a farce, the whole week of raining washing 4 matches took the stuffing out this joke of a WC

 

poor organisation, rain, scheduling, rain, extreme swings in pitch conditions, rain, long boring group phase, rain

ICC events in England are a borefest.

 

2015 WC defeat was painful, especially after Dhoni didn't step down. 

 

 

Agree ,this defeat didnt even feel so bad .2015 exit was really painful ,maybe because we were the defending champions 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Adi BB said:

I already lost interest in odis since the last couple of years .

India plays a boring brand of cricket ,nothing exciting like it used to be ,very methodical,full of passengers and budhas and this nonchalant atitude when losing makes it worse .

Test cricket keeps me on because i feel we are pretty decent in that arena and have an exciting team 

True our test team is more exciting to watch than our odi team infact reverse order our T20 team is the most boring of all. 

 

We have guys like Zak etc playing T10 so truly truly in reverse 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, chewy said:

don't be so down, this WC was a farce, the whole week of raining washing 4 matches took the stuffing out this joke of a WC

 

poor organisation, rain, scheduling, rain, extreme swings in pitch conditions, rain, long boring group phase, rain

ICC events in England are a borefest.

 

2015 WC defeat was painful, especially after Dhoni didn't step down. 

 

 

NZ kind of got the best of both worlds because of the stupid english weather. They got to set a score on board in a pressure game, they also were able to use the early morning swinging conditions against us. 

Edited by IndianRenegade

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

I already lost interest in odis since the last couple of years .

India plays a boring brand of cricket ,nothing exciting like it used to be ,very methodical,full of passengers and budhas and this nonchalant atitude when losing makes it worse .

Test cricket keeps me on because i feel we are pretty decent in that arena and have an exciting team 

 

I support team India but not the way it plays its ODI cricket. Did not expect Ind to make it past the semis. Overall, the team performed better than expectations imo 

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

Agree ,this defeat didnt even feel so bad .2015 exit was really painful ,maybe because we were the defending champions 

For me it's the opposite. Expected to lose the 2015 Semi as we were up against a much better side in those conditions and didn't really make any major selection blunders picking the XI from the squad. Losing to a weaker team this time sucks :((

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...