We should still be proud

I think amongst all the wrist slitting, there is a lot to be proud of. We had 0 luck with toss during knockouts. We could have been smashed here. Jadeja fought like a superhero,whatever you can say. The test championship is coming up. I think we will have another chance this year in eng. Icc t20 wc 2020. If planned well, we can win that. And off course, the big one in 2023 in our backyard. 5 terrible defeats in 6 years, but it just shows how consistent we have become. Let's not be too emotional.

I was in an office meeting during the whole big partnership. Probably that's why I am not totally mentally down today. We got punished because we were not brave enough in team selection and game strategy. A well deserved punishment. We can rebuild from here to win 2023. I wish we play a bit of more high octane risky cricket. (Today of all day was the chance to play slow risk free cricket and we messed up in first 3 overs).

Edited by SrinjayDutta
Just now, jf1gp_1 said:

Yes well done bowlers and top order. Sure it's disappointing but our middle order got exposed and that hopefully will be our priority. 

Middle order has been exposed for 4 years now.  Where have you been all this time?

I can't use the word "proud" of today's performance. We did not do great. May be we can use that just for Jadeja for his brilliant performance in this game, but overall, we were expected to be in Semis and we got crushed at the stage where we faced our biggest test. 

I am proud to be India, and we will continue support the team like many will do, but I can't be proud of today's performance of few players. We move on, they will get the support they need, but this is going to hurt us for a while. 

16 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Proud of what? Making the SF when there are 3 strong WC sides. One of those teams with their 2 best players coming back after a long break? Oh please. Heads should roll. Dhotis should come down.

Heads should roll. But my unbiased judgement is ind right now is the most balanced team in odi and tests. O luck today,absolute 0. We choked badly on the important day.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I can't use the word "proud" of today's performance. We did not do great. May be we can use that just for Jadeja for his brilliant performance in this game, but overall, we were expected to be in Semis and we got crushed at the stage where we faced our biggest test. 

I am proud to be India, and we will continue support the team like many will do, but I can't be proud of today's performance of few players. We move on, they will get the support they need, but this is going to hurt us for a while. 

Proud as in overall progress in 2018 19 performance. 

5 minutes ago, SrinjayDutta said:

Heads should roll. But my unbiased judgement is ind right now is the most balanced team in odi and tests. O luck today,absolute 0. We choked badly on the important day.

Oh that makes me so much better now. I can’t wait for the windies series so I can see our great balance.

Proud of what ... good teams perform when it matters .... 

we knew our underlying belly was soft .. middle order... which means our top order cannot fail all at the same time ... 

so no excuses of being proud ... sorry don’t buy that ... 

Rohit and kL failed

kohli cannot fail when the openers do ... period... 

if australia had the talent pool and wealth that bcci just think about it

a total administrative shift is needed . 

People need to held liable from players to selectors .

This is a failure there are no two ways about it . 

The total was low , the opposition really had trundlers, one sole spinner . Can’t lose to that sorry .