Jadhav - 11 innings

Rahane - 10 innings 

Yuvraj - 10

Raina - 5

Shankar - 4

S Iyer - 3

Manoj Tiwary - 3

KL Rahul - 5

Finally played SF of all important world cup with Pant who had experience of 7 innings.

Great planning by Kohli and shasstri.:finger:

Edited by Number

1 minute ago, Number said:

Rayudu - 16 innings

Karthik - 14 innings

Pandey - 13 innings

Jadhav - 11 innings

Yuvraj - 10

Raina - 5

Shankar - 4

S Iyer - 3

Manoj Tiwary - 3

KL Rahul - 5

Finally played SF of all important world cup with Pant who had experience of 7 innings.

Great planning by Kohli and shasstri.:finger:

I think you missed Rahane, who played few ODIs in our SA tour in 2018 .    Although I m a rahane hater,  I hv to admit he did well in that tour.  

2 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I think you missed Rahane, who played few ODIs in our SA tour in 2018 .    Although I m a rahane hater,  I hv to admit he did well in that tour.  

Yes Rahane 10 innings. Missed that.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Updated the op.

How did you forget Dhoni. Batted at 4/5 in 43 innings and when it mattered the most, chickened out sending inexperienced guys ahead of him. He batted at 5 in most of the ODIs this year as preparations for the WC and then did not have the guts to do the same in a semi final.

If we were say 150/3, what would have been the chance of him coming at 5? 100%

On 7/10/2019 at 2:10 PM, Frustrated said:

Looking at how our TM works, I think it is very obvious that Rahul will be our regular No 4 when dhawan returns to the side.  Rayudu and DK are done.  So is Dhoni.

fat chance of greybeard getting the boot

@Number

I Might have filtered or something incorretly here...but wanted to look at Manish record at no 4, he has only played 8 innings there out of 23 innings according to cricinfo. Not 13..

Career averages
  Span Mat Runs HS Bat Av 100 Wkts BBI Bowl Av 5 Ct St Ave Diff  
unfiltered 2015-2018 23 440 104* 36.66 1 - - - - 6 0 - Profile
filtered 2016-2017 8 183 104* 36.60 1 - - - - - - -  

3 minutes ago, Sooda said:

@Number

I Might have filtered or something incorretly here...but wanted to look at Manish record at no 4, he has only played 8 innings there out of 23 innings according to cricinfo. Not 13..

Career averages

I think it shows that apart from the excellent century, he did little of note. but he was discarded at this position too soon.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I think it shows that apart from the excellent century, he did little of note. but he was discarded at this position too soon.

Yeah, just like Iyer and Rahul.... I don't know when he was given those 8 oppos too... how much chopping and changing in between etc

On 7/10/2019 at 11:12 PM, Number said:

Rayudu - 16 innings

Karthik - 14 innings

Rahane - 10 innings 

Yuvraj - 10

Raina - 5

Manoj Tiwary - 3

58 innings wasted on wrong players.........

Chalo ill say yuvraj was always going to be a tempting option but others :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Sooda said:

@Number

Career averages

:hello:@sooda

I filtered no. of innings played by these players at no. 4 OR no. 5.

6 hours ago, Sooda said:

Yeah, just like Iyer and Rahul.... I don't know when he was given those 8 oppos too... how much chopping and changing in between etc

Just to accommodate one *wit & another person's ego!

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

58 innings wasted on wrong players.........

Chalo ill say yuvraj was always going to be a tempting option but others :facepalm:

Tiwary could have been a decent option

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Tiwary could have been a decent option

nope, wasnt a good player of short pitch and often struggled against high pace. Tiwary only strength was he was terrific against spin  but so was rayudu .Also i think he blew his chances against Zimb or Bang which never helps 

Pandey, iyer was better then him

Rahul was the best option

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

25 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

nope, wasnt a good player of short pitch and often struggled against high pace. Tiwary only strength was he was terrific against spin  but so was rayudu .Also i think he blew his chances against Zimb or Bang which never helps 

Pandey, iyer was better then him

Rahul was the best option

They all learn playing pace and short ball at international level. Kohli was no great at short ball. Even currently, there are hardly good players of short ball in domestic cricket. Until we see pacy pitches in domestic cricket, we won't ger such players. We don't have many batsmen with good backfoot game.

They all learn playing pace and short ball at international level. Kohli was no great at short ball. Even currently, there are hardly good players of short ball in domestic cricket.

Not everyone.......look raina who got worse. Even kohli had time while playing pace. tiwary and rayudu struggled against high pace so how will they get better. These 2 never got better thats why youngsters like rohit, kohli, raina that time got ahead 

Guys who have time against pace gets better but not someone who struggles when pace is high

Shaw, gill are not bad....and they have time against pace so with time they ll get better . Shankar is good player of short pitch 

In domestic only Nitish, Krunal has serious issue against short pitch  currently ....mayank n kishen gets uncomfortable but they have the ability to get better 

Until we see pacy pitches in domestic cricket, we won't ger such players. We don't have many batsmen with good backfoot game.

Dhoni, rohit, rahane , yuvraj, rahul were all good against short pitch and even kohli got found out in test cricket only in WI series was never in trouble in ODI cricket 

16 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I wonder whom are we now going to try at 4 and 5. Pant and pandya are you 6 and 7. Top 3 no change. Gill, iyer, maybe samson. Who else are contender for 4 and 5?

high chance they ll try iyer and manish pandey .

Samson as of now is not in picture 

On 7/10/2019 at 1:10 PM, Frustrated said:

Looking at how our TM works, I think it is very obvious that Rahul will be our regular No 4 when dhawan returns to the side.  Rayudu and DK are done.  So is Dhoni.

They have amped up the PR machinery for Dhoni since the world cup. I see random program (even sponsored by ICC) glorifying Dhoni on TV. Even ICC is in cahoots with Dhoni sponsors. His sponsors are too powerful.  I want to be pleasantly surprised by selection committee. Will they have the courage to say good bye to him?

8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

They have amped up the PR machinery for Dhoni since the world cup. I see random program (even sponsored by ICC) glorifying Dhoni on TV. Even ICC is in cahoots with Dhoni sponsors. His sponsors are too powerful.  I want to be pleasantly surprised by selection committee. Will they have the courage to say good bye to him?

ICC is really Dhoni Chamcha Council aka DCC.