Jump to content
SK_IH

Virat Kohli's legacy as limited overs captain and batsman

Recommended Posts

The answer is zilch. A quintessential South African cricketer. I backed this guy to the hilt in last couple of years but he is an absolute choker on the big stage.

Those maniac stats look absolute hogwash without the results. He was extremely fortunate to win two ICC tournaments early in his career but that I think will remain the highlight of his LOI accomplishments.

Secondly, that fact regarding his cursed luck seems spot on. This guy is destined to not win anything till the time he is in charge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, SK_IH said:

The likes of Dhoni and Rohit have had luck which one needs to win tournaments. This guy is complete opposite. He finds ways of losing the plot in every situation.

Its not luck.....those guys are calm in such situation and kohli panics. IF ur leader panics it game over

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

The answer is zilch. A quintessential South African cricketer. I backed this guy to the hilt in last couple of years but he is an absolute choker on the big stage.

Those maniac stats look absolute hogwash without the results. He was extremely fortunate to win two ICC tournaments early in his career but that I think will remain the highlight of his LOI accomplishments.

Secondly, that fact regarding his cursed luck seems spot on. This guy is destined to not win anything till the time he is in charge. 

He could have done fine but being a captain doesn't comes naturally to him,he can be a soldier but can't be a commander 

Share this post


Link to post

Kohli is still on his way to being  an 'ATG batsman' no doubt .Has played 4 clutch knocks in ICC  tournament knock outs, won ODI series in AUS & SAF for the first time etc etc .It is his captaincy that is being his biggest  nemesis. He needs to continue just as a player

Share this post


Link to post

Kohli is the perfect example of how best to screw a godsend opportunity to win a WC. All he needed was to look beyond Dhoni after 2017 CT final (

like he did with Yvui). Would have meant 2 years for him to build his own team and follow his leadership style. Instead he continued to be a chamcha to Dhoni letting him call the shots.

 

The middle order muddle was largely self inflicted with the sole aim to keep Dhoni’s position safe. That was when the WC was sealed for us.

Share this post


Link to post

One thing is sure if he is at helm,no younster will prosper as he wont allow them to,he backs wrong players and finds them not worth his time, it gets already late

This joke should be stopped right away,it has cost two global tourneys where we could have won

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

Just to reiterate, last year Rohit won two tournaments,both against average teams but the manner of the win was amazing. India looked out in both games but won eventually.

This

 

I just can't see Kohli ever able to this, and not seen him do it. In internationals or IPL

Share this post


Link to post

We won nidhas trophy not because of Rohit but because of DK. Infact rohit made stupid decisions in final but he won inspite of that.  If Rohit was made captain 2 years ago,  dhoni would still be playing and our middle order would have been same. Rohit owes his career to Dhoti,  he wouldn't dare touch him. Stop making stupid assumptions. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, SK_IH said:

The likes of Dhoni and Rohit have had luck which one needs to win tournaments. This guy is complete opposite. He finds ways of losing the plot in every situation.

You make your own luck. Luck has nothing to do with him not playing straight batted shots against hostile opening bowling. He is a choker plain and simple. And not just ODI knock outs, the choker went AWOL during the test series at home against Australia also. Luckily for us he was injured and Jinx captained us in the last test match or else with Kohli's loser vibe we would have lost that match also. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, nevada said:

You make your own luck. Luck has nothing to do with him not playing straight batted shots against hostile opening bowling. He is a choker plain and simple. And not just ODI knock outs, the choker went AWOL during the test series at home against Australia also. Luckily for us he was injured and Jinx captained us in the last test match or else with Kohli's loser vibe we would have lost that match also. 

Good point about the loser vibe, this guy is a loser. Cannot win anything

Share this post


Link to post

He is a captain with defensive mentality. Still even as a bad captain we should not have lost to a team like NZ. Lot of things went their way. Bit of help for seamers, our choking, their fielding was superb. That direct hit, amazing one handed catch, lot of saves on the boundary.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Kohli is the perfect example of how best to screw a godsend opportunity to win a WC. All he needed was to look beyond Dhoni after 2017 CT final (

like he did with Yvui). Would have meant 2 years for him to build his own team and follow his leadership style. Instead he continued to be a chamcha to Dhoni letting him call the shots.

 

The middle order muddle was largely self inflicted with the sole aim to keep Dhoni’s position safe. That was when the WC was sealed for us.

This guy play for gallery annd not for india he only did Chamchagiri of dhoni to get some Brownie pts on social media, another thing is favoring his buddies (chahal)). This guy ll never win a zilch.

Edited by raki05

Share this post


Link to post

Williamson and Smith are already ahead as clutch players  and if Root somehow manages to make a mark in the WC final then he will slide further down .

 

As a batsman still a gun player but a pathetic captain and a leader.

 

As much as I have criticized Dhoni never seen him run like a clueless chicken even when Sachin,Laxman,Dravid etc were in the side. Still looked like he had things under control good or bad.

Share this post


Link to post

Kohli with all the fake aggression is not the captain that Dhoni and Rohit were. Kohli's outburst against Pant yesterday and him laughing at Shankar when he picked a vital wicket against Pak shows his aukaat. Dhoni for all his faults was a good ODI captain. Might be a defensive captain in terms of field placements but he did what was needed with minimal bowling resources. And he was a captain who didnt go after juniors like Kohli did. Rohit should get the LOI captaincy atleast he looks like a leader. He shows aggression in his captaincy not showing who's a tough guy in the locker room with juniors.

Share this post


Link to post

Kohli should just concentrate on his batting. He should show his aggression at getting behind the line under helpful bowling conditions than have a go at someone who scored more runs than him and showed more courage at no.4. Maybe someday Pant and Pandya can win him a world cup before his retirement.

Share this post


Link to post

Kohli still has 2 worldcups to recover his avg records and i am sure he will have 2 great worldcups as well. Too great player to miss out multiple times. Maybe he will have to giveup captaincy for that.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Rohit seems very friendly and encouraging to youngsters. Issue is not sure how long he can keep playing.

At-least he can be a transitional captain for a couple of years. He can do a good job of identifying and backing youngsters, create a relaxed, positive atmosphere and get better performances out of the players. We cannot afford Kohli's toxicity any longer. RCB is a train wreck thanks to his disastrous captaincy and team India should not be allowed to go the same way. 

Edited by nevada

Share this post


Link to post

Terrible LOI captain. Not one young batsman has prospered under him. For the last 15-18 months, his entire focus was to keep repeating the Dhoni raga all the time. Dhoni wanted to bat at 4, he got it, at 5, again got it, hide when we needed him the most, again granted. Not a word against his tuk tuk approach, defence was he knows what he is doing. Doubt if any other captain has staked so much for an over the hill senior. As if the team just did not matter, all that mattered was Dhoni's prestige (all because Dhoni backed Kohli in his younger days).

 

Worst was to see how he dismantled his own spin twins closer to the WC. In the last 10 months, we played 33 matches, Chahal and Kuldeep played in just 18 of those matches together. Rotating young spinners closer to a big tournament never ever helps and it showed in the WC.

Share this post


Link to post

The problem with Kohli is EGO... He’s a top record making batsman. But that doesn’t means that he’s a good captain and leader... He’s a proven failure as RCB captain when he’s on his own.. At international level all his successes as captain can now be safely attributed to the support of Dhoni & Rohit...

 

Not any more. He’s to play under any other captain and give his best. Just like other successful captains played under him and gave their best...

 

Because of this Egoistic maniac, India is losing out to a fabulous captain like Rohit... 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Terrible LOI captain. Not one young batsman has prospered under him. For the last 15-18 months, his entire focus was to keep repeating the Dhoni raga all the time. Dhoni wanted to bat at 4, he got it, at 5, again got it, hide when we needed him the most, again granted. Not a word against his tuk tuk approach, defence was he knows what he is doing. Doubt if any other captain has staked so much for an over the hill senior. As if the team just did not matter, all that mattered was Dhoni's prestige (all because Dhoni backed Kohli in his younger days).

 

Worst was to see how he dismantled his own spin twins closer to the WC. In the last 10 months, we played 33 matches, Chahal and Kuldeep played in just 18 of those matches together. Rotating young spinners closer to a big tournament never ever helps and it showed in the WC.

And no intent to get Kulcha to bat better so they can play together

Share this post


Link to post

See guys, I have always maintained that Kohli can screw any team on basis of his RCB stint but people on icf pooh pooed it. What he did with Team India in this world Cup is exactly what he does with RCB. He can never judge the pitch, He can never have right playing 11 and he can never unify Team or back any player/youngster.

 

He plays for money and money alone. A clutch player like him do not need PR machinery. He has a well paid PR team. There in lies the clue

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nikola said:

Kohli still has 2 worldcups to recover his avg records and i am sure he will have 2 great worldcups as well. Too great player to miss out multiple times. Maybe he will have to giveup captaincy for that.

He's NOT playing 2 more world cups. He'd be exhausted by the next one itself. And its high time the board makes a policy about 35 and above players.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Stan AF said:

He's NOT playing 2 more world cups. He'd be exhausted by the next one itself. And its high time the board makes a policy about 35 and above players.

Lol he is surely playing 2 more worldcups. He is 30 now and will play last worldcup at age of 38 and looking at his fitness he should surely play that wc.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Nikola said:

Lol he is surely playing 2 more worldcups. He is 30 now and will play last worldcup at age of 38 and looking at his fitness he should surely play that wc.

Taking after the his master plunger I see :cantstop:

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Lol he is surely playing 2 more worldcups. He is 30 now and will play last worldcup at age of 38 and looking at his fitness he should surely play that wc.

No, he won't. Dhoni will be the last 38 year old playing for India. That **** needs to go.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Lol he is surely playing 2 more worldcups. He is 30 now and will play last worldcup at age of 38 and looking at his fitness he should surely play that wc.

lol. What are you talking man. If you would have seen him bat last few years, You will easily see that bowlers are able to exploit his weakness. And hole of weakness is getting bigger as bowlers are getting him again and again on repeatedly same strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, mishra said:

lol. What are you talking man. If you would have seen him bat last few years, You will easily see that bowlers are able to exploit his weakness. And hole of weakness is getting bigger as bowlers are getting him again and again on repeatedly same strategy.

He always had weaknesses, especially that waft outside off however he was able to let it go in useless bilaterals. Even in tests, remember the drops by England? Had his first catch stuck, he'd not have scored 500 in that series last year, although he also failed in crucial moments. The pressure of WC means he couldn't handle it, simple as that. He doesn't play the cut or square drive, that's his biggest flaw for me & it'll only go down hill from here.

Edited by R!TTER

Share this post


Link to post

After playing so many years he did not over come his weakness.  you just need to bowl slightly far from his body and he surely nicked it.he can't curb his instinct to throw hìs hands of wide deliveries. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Nikola said:

Kohli still has 2 worldcups to recover his avg records and i am sure he will have 2 great worldcups as well. Too great player to miss out multiple times. Maybe he will have to giveup captaincy for that.

Make that 1 world cup. He is 30 yrs old. Dont want him to imitate Dhoni and Sachin. But have a feeling with our gutless selectors, he will play 2. If he has to win, he must give up his captaincy

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Nikola said:

Lol he is surely playing 2 more worldcups. He is 30 now and will play last worldcup at age of 38 and looking at his fitness he should surely play that wc.

He maybe fit physically but his hand eye coordination may drop and technical weaknesses maybe exposed more often. Then like Dhoni this world cup and Sachin 8 years ago, he will be a burden with all his "experience". Steve Waugh was available for selection in the 2003 world cup. He was 38 then and said he has improved his bowling for the world cup. The selectors didn't budge. He was dropped in 2002 and never played in ODIs again. Ponting played his last world cup at 36. He was still good thats why he was in. We need to adopt the Aussies approach but I dont see that happening anytime soon

Share this post


Link to post

India needs a captain like Sourav Gangually who breeds young blood into Indian team . Rohit seems to be great choice but  age May seems to the problem with him , The otherwise someone like Sheras iyer or manesh pander can be great captaincy material 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

He maybe fit physically but his hand eye coordination may drop and technical weaknesses maybe exposed more often. Then like Dhoni this world cup and Sachin 8 years ago, he will be a burden with all his "experience". Steve Waugh was available for selection in the 2003 world cup. He was 38 then and said he has improved his bowling for the world cup. The selectors didn't budge. He was dropped in 2002 and never played in ODIs again. Ponting played his last world cup at 36. He was still good thats why he was in. We need to adopt the Aussies approach but I dont see that happening anytime soon

He will be called GOAT bat if he can repeat Sachin's 2011 performance in 2023

ICC Cricket World Cup, 2010/11 / / / Records / / / Most runs

 
 
Most runs
Player Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s
TM Dilshan (SL) 9 9 1 500 144 62.50 551 90.74 2 2 0 61 4
SR Tendulkar (INDIA) 9 9 0 482 120 53.55 524 91.98 2 2 0 52 8
KC Sangakkara (SL) 9 8 3 465 111 93.00 555 83.78 1 3 0 44 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...