What was the point of grooming Rayudu and Jadhav

Jhadav was dropped unfairly - now I'm not one of those icf jokers who says that AFTER loss. I said it before..He wasn't a number 7 and was made to bat there. Like I said before number 4 must be nurdler like jhadav, he was best in the team for it apart from dhoni. 

We had idiots on here wanting pant or pandya at 4 :hysterical: now they will moan about kohli who thought like them! 

It should have been jhadav 4 dhoni 5, hitters pant pandya at 6 7.  Rayadu was rightly booted, he was exposed badly at end. In hindsight ganguly was correct,  you need a proper number 4 whether rahane or even pujara as he had suggested. A hack at 4 is just asking for trouble if the top order fails. I said before cup pandey should have gone or iyer and just back, they know how to get big runs In limited overs. 

But hey if u want pant shankar at 4 who haven't done squat in limited over domestic :dance:

Edited by ViruDilSeKhelo

Funny thing is DK was dropped in the Aus series before the WC for Pant but somehow Pant got dropped and DK picked for the WC. Rayudu was dropped after 2-3 bad games when he looked certain to be part of the WC squad and then added to reserves in place of Shankar who came out of no where and then when Shankar was injured Pant who was dropped comes back in place of Shankar and not Rayudu who retires. 

One cluster* of a selection committee we have :facepalm:

31 minutes ago, goose said:

Excellent point

Shreyas Iyer was dumped after 3 games.  Out of which at least one he batted really well in.  

Sure he had a drop or 2 in the field, but he is not a bad fielder.  

I hate to be cynical, but I really do think there's a bit to the theory that older guys like Rayudu, Jadhav etc were kept in the team because they are less 'marketable'.  If Rishabh was already a ODI and T20 regular, and even a Shreyas - the ad companies might already start betting on 'youth', and reduce the sponsorship revenue for the 'big dogs' in blue - Virat and his farmhouse boys - Rohit and Dhawan.  

That's why they were totally fine with this pathetic dependency tumor on the top 3 developing and persisting in the Indian team.  We were winning 70% of the games anyway.  Why go out of the way to strengthen the team more when you don't really have to?  

Hey, we "made" the semis in the World Cup.  Will try harder next time.  There's a sucker born every minute.  And hundreds of them in India.

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Shreyas Iyer was dumped after 3 games.  Out of which at least one he batted really well in.  

I hate to be cynical, but I really do think there's a bit to the theory that older guys like Rayudu, Jadhav etc were kept in the team because they are less 'marketable'.  If Rishabh was already a ODI and T20 regular, and even a Shreyas - the ad companies might already start betting on 'youth', and reduce the sponsorship revenue for the 'big dogs' in blue - Virat and his farmhouse boys - Rohit and Dhawan.  

That's why they were totally fine with this pathetic dependency tumor on the top 3 developing and persisting in the Indian team.  We were winning 70% of the games anyway.  Why go out of the way to strengthen the team more when you don't really have to?  

Hey, we "made" the semis in the World Cup.  Will try harder next time.  There's a sucker born every minute.  And hundreds of them in India.

is anyone else saying this or just you? scary thought!!!!!

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Shreyas Iyer was very good in limited opportunities he got. Very flamboyant player and a good no.4 like Pieterson. Donno why he was dumped inspite of making couple of 50s.

Team selectors are garbage. No consistency in selections.

2 minutes ago, vijay50 said:

Shreyas Iyer was very good in limited opportunities he got. Very flamboyant player and a good no.4 like Pieterson. Donno why he was dumped inspite of making couple of 50s.

Team selectors are garbage. No consistency in selections.

He did have a bad day in the field in his last game, and looked a bit uncertain against the short ball.  But still, he has potential.

Dhoni, virat does not want any new superstar in team. It will decrease their brand value. Money make a person do crazy things.

Top 3 will continue to make irrelevant records in bilaterals where teams don't even play their best 11.

And Fans will consider these choker better than viv:hysterical:

I don't think pant will be given fair chances in future too.

2-3 failure he will be out of team. Same with Subhmann.

There was no one else...

Manish would be the obvious candidate...but he looked down in the dumps until the fag end of IPL this year...its an individual failure..

Rahul was not even considered for no 4 originally last year..looked partially convincing only during this world cup...looked out of sorts in ODI till this time

Shreyas Iyer- not ready even compared to Rahul..

Manish and Rahul were the candidates who shud have taken chances but proved too late as developers (along with Mayank)

Even some one from the 2012 and 2014 team could have helped...but from 2012, only Vihari is in the picture,,,From 2014, Kuldeep is there ... Samson is struggling and Iyer is not in the class of Pant /shaw

The only one who developed quickly was pant, a 2016 member and he was too young.

The crucial members of this team are from 2004, 2006, 2008 teams..output from 2010-2014 onwards is lacking

Edited by youngindia
edt