Expect Kohli to cling onto Karthik if Dhoni retires

Anybody who is getting excited at the thought of Dhoni retiring so Pant takes over is really kidding themselves. If Dhoni does go, I fully expect RAT to cling onto Dinesh Karthik like crazy. 

Everyone in this forum knows that RAT has no patience at all for youngsters. That’s one of the biggest reasons why he supports TTFs so much. He also clinged onto Dhoni despite him having a strike rate of 65 against spin bowlers since year 2015. 

With the World T20 happening just next year, RAT will give excuses such as “we want to give Karthik all the opportunities he can get in the shorter formats so he’s prepared for the event.” Nothing is going to change with this guy in charge, Dhoni or no Dhoni. 

I really feel sad for Rishabh Pant, I really do. He is stuck with an ego maniac as captain who puts 0 faith in youngsters like himself. It’s not a massive coincidence that even Sarfraz has got the best out of his young batsmen like Babar and Imam whereas Kohli has failed to do the same for India’s young batsmen. 

Kohli is the selfish and jealous prick who always wants all attention on himself. Just look at his antics when a bowler from his team gets a wicket, it's the time for bowler to be in Spotlight but this leach wants all attention on himself with all his antics.

Pant had the spotlight on him in down under tour , everyone in Oz media was talking about him and his feud with Paine. Imagine the feelings of jealous captain for Pant at that time.

One of the reason why he backs TTF is because he does not want any youngsters to outshine him while he is at the helm.

I like the word @Number used to describe Virat "dishonest". Can't succeed with that attitude. However disagree with OP, that is it for DK, what a story of missed opportunity. I saw this guy flay Pakistan side when I think he was still in his teens and helped win India a test. Then obviously that England tour 2007. Wasted talent,it's obvious the game of cricket is more about what you have between the ears ( not eyes lol)

If the selectors have some balls, they would put Rohit in charge of the LOI teams and Rahane/Pujara for tests. Have lost respect for Kohli when he got rid off Kumble and brought in "that beer was guzzled like a tracer bullet" shastri. DK is a sad case but he needs to go so does Dhoni. Pant must take over wk duties in all formats. Pant played pretty well under the circumstances he was in but got impulsive in the shot that got him out. Pant played more courageously than Kohli who couldn't even cover the line against Boult and played all around the ball. Kohli in his arrogance went after Pant after his dismissal. Pant played a more clutch knock than Kohli :facepalm:

On 7/10/2019 at 10:11 PM, SecondSlip said:

Anybody who is getting excited at the thought of Dhoni retiring so Pant takes over is really kidding themselves. If Dhoni does go, I fully expect RAT to cling onto Dinesh Karthik like crazy. 

Everyone in this forum knows that RAT has no patience at all for youngsters. That’s one of the biggest reasons why he supports TTFs so much. He also clinged onto Dhoni despite him having a strike rate of 65 against spin bowlers since year 2015. 

With the World T20 happening just next year, RAT will give excuses such as “we want to give Karthik all the opportunities he can get in the shorter formats so he’s prepared for the event.” Nothing is going to change with this guy in charge, Dhoni or no Dhoni. 

I really feel sad for Rishabh Pant, I really do. He is stuck with an ego maniac as captain who puts 0 faith in youngsters like himself. It’s not a massive coincidence that even Sarfraz has got the best out of his young batsmen like Babar and Imam whereas Kohli has failed to do the same for India’s young batsmen. 

what makes you think dhoni is going somewhere? he will play longer than rat mark my words. he is the superman to rat's batman.