Is this the strongest team to not win a WC?

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Is this the strongest team in world cricket to not win a WC?

Or at least, is this the strongest Indian team that hasn't won a WC?

Discuss.

Strongest team ever? No chance because SA have fielded much better overall teams - their 1999 team for example. It becomes more interesting if it's just India. Definitely better than our 75, 79, 92, 96,99, 07 sides. I'd also throw in 87 there after some contemplation. This only leaves 03, 15. We can probably rule 15 out as well because it was similar to this side with inferior bowling. 03 had Tendulkar in full cry; that alone makes the batting better than 19 IMO with Yuvi, Kaif, Sehwag, Ganguly etc. Current bowling probably shades it but Zaheer and Nehra were great in those conditions. 03>19>15 IMO. If Dhawan had stayed for the whole tournament (and we had still lost) then maybe 2019.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

India earned that win. Afghanistan conceded that win.

Just out of curiosity how would you have reacted if India lost that one? I think since 2007 India has never been as embarrassed as they would if Afganistan won this match. Surprisingly it was very close.

This current Indian team is mentally and temperamentally very weak .

Bowlers like chahal,kuly, bhuvi even shami aren't mentally tough when things dont go their way.

Batting ,the less said the better  absolute bottlers of the highest order with no game awareness 

11 minutes ago, DGBOSS said:

Dosent matter.

Pakistan coudn't qualify for semis...Thats all matters in the end !!!!

Indeed and India got a embarrassing loss in the Semis. Thanks to rain + Kohli. Thats all that matters in the end.

1 minute ago, Kiraisjustice said:

18 run loss is not embarrasing, 89 run phainta is embarrassing especially when you captain yawning while getting the phainty or maybe he was sucking an imaginary dick

Just now, Kiraisjustice said:

Windies ne jo chuttaron pe daande maare the tumhare, that was even more embarrasing:rotfl:

Good effort bowl. You forget we destroyed Bangladesh in our last game to go out like champions. You know damn well your doti would be shaking if we reached the Semi’s. Making you see clips of 2017 Champions Trophy over and over again.

5 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Indeed and India got a embarrassing loss in the Semis. Thanks to rain + Kohli. Thats all that matters in the end.

For Pakistan that's all that matters because your team needed umpires to beat Afghanistan and got destroyed by India despite winning the toss, Bhuvi injured, Dhawan not playing, 2 umpiring decisions favouring Pak. When your own team is so pathetic you need to find happiness in the losses of others. I feel for burgers like you with a confused identity and farzi accent.

2 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

For Pakistan that's all that matters because your team needed umpires to beat Afghanistan and got destroyed by India despite winning the toss, Bhuvi injured, Dhawan not playing, 2 umpiring decisions favouring Pak. When your own team is so pathetic you need to find happiness in the losses of others. I feel for burgers like you with a confused identity and farzi accent.

So umpires were playing for Pakistan? Looks like I found a Indian version of Basit Ali. 

Good effort bowl. You forget we destroyed Bangladesh in our last game to go out like champions. You know damn well your doti would be shaking if we reached the Semi’s. Making you see clips of 2017 Champions Trophy over and over again.
You might know by heart by now all the highlights of the 2017 CT. Watching the clips over and over again.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Kiraisjustice said:

:hysterical: no wonder you chumps are so mediocre, you call that going out like champions, begairat qaum, har koi thookta hai tum par

I mean it was gonna be either New Zealand or Pakistan who went to the semis. Since it was New Zealand that went, we saw what it did to you guys. Meaning that spot was made for trumping your team. Just be happy we spared you.

Edited by Shaz1