Mariyam

Is this the strongest team to not win a WC?

No way was this the strongest Indian team. Till the semis we did not know who our best middle order bats and backup bowlers were. 

2003 team was much more balanced and much stronger except that they faced at ATG ODI side. Sehwag, Sachin, Dada, Dravid, Yuvraj, Kaif, Bhajji, Zaheer, Nehra, Srinath and Kumble on bench! That some serious quality there.

From this team, only Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Shami and Bumrah match up, no one else. Add to it the very poor record of the best players of this team in knock out matches.

1 minute ago, Kiraisjustice said:

Strongest team to not win the cup was south africa in 99, from indian perspective yes this was the strongest indian team to not win the world cup, we had our best bowling attack of all time

really? bhuvi, pandya & jadeja all avg 35+ while chahal had pretty avg tournament. Only bumrah is best of lot we had.

3 minutes ago, Kiraisjustice said:

Averages dont matter recent form matters, bhuv averaged 22 in the last 1 year, jadeja bowled well, pandya is a good 5th bowler, as unit this was a great bowling attack which eould have been even better with the inclusion of shami, we had the best bowling attack and best top order, this team was better than all previous indian teams which lost the world cup, maybe the 2003 team was better than this but not by much

sorry bhuvan picked 0 wickets in all 6 matches of first powerplay so idk what makes him so special. Getting wickets in death when batsman wants to score quickly doesn't make you great. Jadeja bowled well in just one match and we all know how good he is on flat tracks. Pandya is decent for being 5th bowler though.

Dhawan injury pegged our batting line up. Kohlis questionable selection screwed our Team.

Against England, We needed to open our bowling with Jaddu. DK should have never been part of squad.

Once Pant was in , I was very optimitic. I would have allways played KD, Jaddu,Bhumrah, Pant, Pandya,Chahal,Rohit,Dhoni,Rahul,Kohli. Only place up for grabs was between Bhuvi and Shami. I would have played Bhuvi ahead of Shami depending upon pitch.

And yes, Above team without Dhawan would have made it to finals with  atleast 50% chance in winning the finals.

Did not expect Ind to go beyond SF. As for the strongest team, WI of 83. Other teams include Pak of 87, SA of 99, and NZ of 92.

Edited by zen

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Is this the strongest team in world cricket to not win a WC?

Or at least, is this the strongest Indian team that hasn't won a WC?

Discuss.

Strongest team ever? No chance because SA have fielded much better overall teams - their 1999 team for example. It becomes more interesting if it's just India. Definitely better than our 75, 79, 92, 96,99, 07 sides. I'd also throw in 87 there after some contemplation. This only leaves 03, 15. We can probably rule 15 out as well because it was similar to this side with inferior bowling. 03 had Tendulkar in full cry; that alone makes the batting better than 19 IMO with Yuvi, Kaif, Sehwag, Ganguly etc. Current bowling probably shades it but Zaheer and Nehra were great in those conditions. 03>19>15 IMO. If Dhawan had stayed for the whole tournament (and we had still lost) then maybe 2019.

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

If Gulbadi didn't sleep, Afghanistan would have beaten Pakistan lol

If Shami was sleepy India would have lost to Afganistan. :giggle:

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Well.. shami is from india. gulbadin is from Afghanistan. That is the difference.

Not that big of a difference considering how close the match was.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

India earned that win. Afghanistan conceded that win.

Just out of curiosity how would you have reacted if India lost that one? I think since 2007 India has never been as embarrassed as they would if Afganistan won this match. Surprisingly it was very close.

1 minute ago, Shaz1 said:

Just out of curiosity how would you have reacted if India lost that one? I think since 2007 India has never been as embarrassed as they would if Afganistan won this match. Surprisingly it was very close.

They were not going to lose the match

7 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Not that big of a difference considering how close the match was.

Dosent matter.

Pakistan coudn't qualify for semis...Thats all matters in the end !!!!

This current Indian team is mentally and temperamentally very weak .

Bowlers like chahal,kuly, bhuvi even shami aren't mentally tough when things dont go their way.

Batting ,the less said the better  absolute bottlers of the highest order with no game awareness 

11 minutes ago, DGBOSS said:

Dosent matter.

Pakistan coudn't qualify for semis...Thats all matters in the end !!!!

Indeed and India got a embarrassing loss in the Semis. Thanks to rain + Kohli. Thats all that matters in the end.

1 minute ago, Kiraisjustice said:

18 run loss is not embarrasing, 89 run phainta is embarrassing especially when you captain yawning while getting the phainty or maybe he was sucking an imaginary dick

Just now, Kiraisjustice said:

Windies ne jo chuttaron pe daande maare the tumhare, that was even more embarrasing:rotfl:

Good effort bowl. You forget we destroyed Bangladesh in our last game to go out like champions. You know damn well your doti would be shaking if we reached the Semi’s. Making you see clips of 2017 Champions Trophy over and over again.

5 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Indeed and India got a embarrassing loss in the Semis. Thanks to rain + Kohli. Thats all that matters in the end.

For Pakistan that's all that matters because your team needed umpires to beat Afghanistan and got destroyed by India despite winning the toss, Bhuvi injured, Dhawan not playing, 2 umpiring decisions favouring Pak. When your own team is so pathetic you need to find happiness in the losses of others. I feel for burgers like you with a confused identity and farzi accent.

2 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

For Pakistan that's all that matters because your team needed umpires to beat Afghanistan and got destroyed by India despite winning the toss, Bhuvi injured, Dhawan not playing, 2 umpiring decisions favouring Pak. When your own team is so pathetic you need to find happiness in the losses of others. I feel for burgers like you with a confused identity and farzi accent.

So umpires were playing for Pakistan? Looks like I found a Indian version of Basit Ali. 

Good effort bowl. You forget we destroyed Bangladesh in our last game to go out like champions. You know damn well your doti would be shaking if we reached the Semi’s. Making you see clips of 2017 Champions Trophy over and over again.
You might know by heart by now all the highlights of the 2017 CT. Watching the clips over and over again. [emoji23]

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Kiraisjustice said:

:hysterical: no wonder you chumps are so mediocre, you call that going out like champions, begairat qaum, har koi thookta hai tum par

I mean it was gonna be either New Zealand or Pakistan who went to the semis. Since it was New Zealand that went, we saw what it did to you guys. Meaning that spot was made for trumping your team. Just be happy we spared you.

Edited by Shaz1

6 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Clifton k burger, I said 2 umpiring decisions favoured Pakistan. Stop riding Basit Ali.

Stop calling me a burger. I am not your dinner.

5 minutes ago, nikred said:

You might know by heart by now all the highlights of the 2017 CT. Watching the clips over and over again. emoji23.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Indeed Dil Dil Pakistan. 

Did you cry while typing that? :laugh: All of pakistan was having wet dreams of beating India in a world cup, jaahil qaum thought they will repeat the ct fluke, what did you get in return? A phainta by your daddy and a kick on your arse before the semis, we know how much your arse was burning seeing India in the semis:hysterical:

Me cry? Naw our Naya Pakistan made us proud yesterday.

Making you proud with your rupee touching 170 against a dollar:hysterical: naya pakistan is even more bankrupt than purana pakistan, you jaahils deserve it though since you made phateechar khan as your PM

That is why we will win the next World Cup. Great Khan is our PM. He will lead our country to victory. 

Tell your phateechar khan that ball tampering is no longer allowed, you guys are destined to remain below our feet for eternity

Nice wet dream your having there sir. Do yourself a favor and dry up. Cause reality will hit you like a truck.

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Is this the strongest team in world cricket to not win a WC?

Or at least, is this the strongest Indian team that hasn't won a WC?

Discuss.

this Indian team was not even stronger than the NZL team that played in the semi

Did you dry your tears? 7-0 is the reality which has been boning your arse for last 20 years, i am afraid even a truck wont wake your delusional qaum

Haha I already forgot about it. Thats how much those losses matter to me.

20 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Me cry? Naw our Naya Pakistan made us proud yesterday.

16 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

That is why we will win the next World Cup. Great Khan is our PM. He will lead our country to victory. 

these are multi camera days mate.....  Khan saheb can't pass on his 'noble'  expertise to his cricket team   in this era.

4 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

these are multi camera days mate.....  Khan saheb can't pass on his 'noble'  expertise to his cricket team   in this era.

I ment structurally he will make our cricket better.