Steven Smith is a FAR greater clutch player than fake self image obsessed Kohli can ever dream of being

the issue is Kohli does not want to encourage any new youngsters bcos he does not want to lose his super stardom. he is a egoistic who would not be where he is today if not for MSD backing him and giving him so many chances. Ganguly and then Later Dhoni prospered by backing and grooming youngsters. 

kohli does not want to pay it forward. in india we have so much under 21 talent like shubam gill etc, but still kohli selects old washed up mercenaries and ugly ducklings like rayudu, jadav etc shankar bcos he does not want another superstar in team. 

for india cricket to prosper , the kohli monopoly has to end

Edited by beetle
9 hours ago, vijay50 said:

Kohli will play better if relieved of captaincy burden

kohli is such a self obsessed, narcicisstic, ego megalo maniac that he will throw a major hissy fit if fired from captaincy and go into depression. he might even slit his wrists.

this is what the pussies at bcci are afraid of and thats why they are keeping the mental ego maniac as captain

3 hours ago, sarcastic said:

That's because he blossomed more in the last few years reaching his peak potential and that coincided with his captaincy term. In this case, correlation does not imply causation. 

But it shows that there is no evidence to suggest that quitting captaincy would improve his batting ( which was the point I was countering )

13 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Looking vulnerable and being vulnerable is not the same. Kohli is a vulnerable bunny in BIG games and clutch situations - where Smith is KING

He is vulnerable & weaknesses have been exploited, it's just that he has more discipline & patience than Kohli - hence his awesome record in tests!

14 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

He got Kumble booted out ( can an Australian or English captain get their coach booted in this manner ? ) because Bewda's style was preferred over Kumble's discipline and method.

this is the worst legacy that Kohli will carry, for ever he will fail to be considered alongside Sachin and Dravid in terms of integrity because of this. 

Kumble would have planned a CT 2017 and WC win for him if he had swallowed his pride and did the hard yards. Great waste of god given right to rule absolutely, but then its apparent absolute power corrupts absolutely. 

7 minutes ago, beetle said:

I feel we have already seen the best of kohli.

Some get distracted by fame etc.

This guy has got distracted by his brand.

incorrect, he will become a monster in the coming two seasons great batsmen become beasts between 32 - 35, his best years are ahead of him. With Pant shaping up and Puj/Rohit for bulwark in their formats and Indian pace and spin dominance - India will absolutely dominate the world over but then they are bilaterals and next WC even if won, has already been done better in 2011 by the great Sachin, stoic Dhoni and heroic Yuvi cannot be outdone not that trio. Kohli missed his unique chance to etch his dominance forever by winning in England. 

and the worst thing which he did was marrying that bollywood fake women sharma with lip surgery. Now be ready for more brand building and maintenance and pakistani/foreign appeasement.

I Wish kohli would have seriously considered the marriage proposal of that british women cricketer even though she said that in excitement.

14 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

The best Clutch player from India was out injured in the 2nd game, if anyone was expecting Kohli to be a clutch player after his past travesties is making a fool of himself. Chootiya was again found laughing around in the dressing room when we were 92/6 doing a bit of drama with Bewda in his wet panties. In the history of Indian cricket the best batman in our team was never the best player to captain the side, be it Gavaskar, Tendulkar, or Kohli.

Dhawan is no clutch player. His most runs come in league phase not knockouts.

21 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Using everyone's logic and short term memory Jadeja > Kohli.

I'm sure Jadeja would average 40+ if given consistent run at #4/5. He already showed he's a much better pressure player than Rat could ever be. I'd take 40+ overall and pressure player over 60 overall (in shtupid bi-laterals that no one gives a fck about) and 1 or 2 runs in all important knockouts.

21 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kohli's stats as a batsman is far better as captain than as an ordinary player.

So what. He will not win you a single ICC trophy. As a captain still he did not score in knockouts, so doesn’t matter if he is captain or not.

12 hours ago, express bowling said:

But it shows that there is no evidence to suggest that quitting captaincy would improve his batting ( which was the point I was countering )

Yes,  Kohli can't bat better than what he I s doing now. He had more pressure handling Anderson over after over, in a country where he knew had done zilch before this tour o f England. That was. playing more on his mind when eh toured, than the failures of not scoring. in a knock. out. game. I know World Cup is a big stage,  but doesn't mean Kohli lost his batting MOJO because of captaincy. I think. overall, Kohli will match what he is doing now days, which is piling runs, he still scored lot of runs in this world cup even though did not click in semis. 

What can make a difference is just having that mental peace going into a knock out game without captaincy pressure. That is only valid for knock out games. Overall, he was scoring runs, and will continue to score runs as is. 

10 hours ago, haiwan said:

and the worst thing which he did was marrying that bollywood fake women sharma with lip surgery. Now be ready for more brand building and maintenance and pakistani/foreign appeasement.

I Wish kohli would have seriously considered the marriage proposal of that british women cricketer even though she said that in excitement.

duck face has had a negative vegan actor influence it appears and angers the entitled fans :laugh: . but hey he likes her and thats his life. 

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

do you have some eyesight problem?  go read the comment again.

So you can't form proper sentences & I have an eyesight problem :two_thumbs_up:

13 hours ago, Vilander said:

incorrect, he will become a monster in the coming two seasons great batsmen become beasts between 32 - 35, his best years are ahead of him

3 hours ago, R!TTER said:

So you can't form proper sentences & I have an eyesight problem :two_thumbs_up:

he is not ' not every batter'. He is a legit great already, there is a difference. I am certain he will have his best years ahead of him as he breaks many records in cricket, similar to what Sacin had.