puneet28

Kohli's reaction on Pant's dismissal

I really wish players watch previous matches and observe carefully

What the likes of bevan have showed is chases can be done with no risks as long the target is not prohibitive and the opposition is average.

I didn't lose hopes at all at 5/3 or even when Karthik fell. I knew NZ was not a lethal side.

What was missing was sensible mature players.

we would have won if players didn't anything that silly even from 5-3

The job of Pandya/Pant wud be considered very good if they had taken the team to 130+ even at 3.7 an over

If they got a jaffa, bad luck.,but that was not what happened..both of them played brainless shots to put the match under jeopardy and gave it away

Either they shud have got the knowledge by watching matches of the past carefully..or they shud have been given knowledge by seniors,,,They lacked the match awareness and that proved costly..

the next season, they shud be given stern tasks to finish matches themselves ..they shud make themselves competent on strategy and big picture...or they will do this suicidal stuff again and again

Edited by youngindia
edt

3 minutes ago, beetle said:

Just being an ass.

He has no patience for his team youngsters.

Behaves pathetic,taunts them in ipl...but acts like mother Teresa with other country players.

Pathetic excuse of a leader.

I agree, but that was a rash shot 

6 minutes ago, youngindia said:

What the likes of bevan have showed is chases can be done with no risks as long the target is not prohibitive and the opposition is average.

I didn't lose hopes at all at 5/3 or even when Karthik fell. I knew NZ was not a lethal side.

The job of Pandya/Pant wud be considered very good if they had taken the team to 130+ even at 3.7 an over

If they got a jaffa, bad luck.,but that was not what happened..both of them played brainless shots to put the match under jeopardy and gave it away

Either they shud have got the knowledge by watching matches of the past carefully..or they shud have been given knowledge by seniors,,,They lacked the match awareness and that proved costly..

the next season, they shud be given stern tasks to finish matches themselves ..they shud make themselves competent on strategy and big picture...or they will do this suicidal stuff again and again

their idea to play big shots to release pressure and reduce rising run rate was right but they played poor shots. They should have tried to hit the ball straight.

11 minutes ago, beetle said:

Just being an ass.

Behaves pathetic,taunts them in ipl...but acts like mother Teresa with other country players.

I still can't forget his sledging of Ishan Kishan. The guy is toxic garbage.  I hope RCB dumps him next season. 

18 minutes ago, beetle said:

Just being an ass.

Just to let you know, Mother Teresa was a con nun.

Sack him from captaincy before it is too late. I can just see him ruining careers of youngsters like Saini, Kuldeep, Gill, Shaw, Mayank, etc. out of sheer jealousy.

And while you are at it also sign contract with each player having a clause that there should be no involvement with player management companies. This PR groups have made these guys appear bigger than they actually are and difficult to dislodge from national side even after playing **** cricket.

26 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Once kohli goes we will be left as Somalia of cricket,no talent we will be seen in our horizon,a big black hole that's what defines this panauti

If there is no talent, then how we won u19 WC 2018 that too in NZ, with every match one sided.?

9 minutes ago, Insidious said:

If there is no talent, then how we won u19 WC 2018 that too in NZ, with every match one sided.?

I never claimed there is no talent,but if you act as a tyrant for a considerable period ,no talent will come through ranks 

Pant-Pandya are WI type of players. They will not play a waiting game for long. Their strength lies in taking the attack to the opposition. Aus had Gilchrist and Symonds, and now Carey.Talking about WI, it has Pooran and Hetmeyer.

These guys needed to be backed and given the opportunities to express themselves. Once developed,  they can win you games single and at times as a part of the package also disappoint you with a rash stroke. Patience is the key here.

Both did well. Coming together at 24-4 in a WC SF pressure game. The RRR was in the process of rising as well. Only a natural game from them could have seen Ind through. Jadeja came in at a situation where the game was almost lost, with nothing to lose, the pressure was relatively less and fortunately he clicked. A good innings in the end to get Ind close

Edited by zen

10 minutes ago, haiwan said:

their idea to play big shots to release pressure and reduce rising run rate was right but they played poor shots. They should have tried to hit the ball straight.

No it was not right at all. If the  way of thinking is to play "a high risk shot to release pressure", any captain  would love such opponents  :).   it was far from a  back to the wall situation and not even close.

You don't have to do anything silly against a not so great opponent... their idea was precisely that...doing something silly 

Attacking does not mean throwing the kitchen sink or high risk shot...it can also mean boundaries along the ground or a safe placement for a four..Yuvraj himself combined the two approaches even though he was a big six hitter....As i said they could have seen us safely to 130 or better even at less than 4 an over cutting out any high risk shot

When the score was below 130, high risk shots aka gambling were a no no..so the idea itself was a problem..

See here..... Bevan taking australia from 6/82 to 245 against NZ...

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/15460/scorecard/65624/australia-vs-new-zealand-10th-match-vb-series-2001-02

Australian innings does not have one six and Bevan had 7 fours at best..At that time NZ had Bond who was dangerous at all  times

Players have to watch and observe  this kind of matches..

There are safer and higher percentage ways.....considering the opposition is not that great and the target was not too expensive

When Jadeja came , he had to do or die,.,,,so his attempts were justified.Not pant's or Pandya's..I would have been happy if they didn't hit one six but showed the intellect to see the match through

They lacked awareness of how to take full advantage of an inferior opponent

1 hour ago, haiwan said:

Trying to create some drama nothing else. Just to show how disappointed and angry he was.

Or maybe he's simply human.  And the Pant wicket fell just when it started to look like India was turning things around a bit.  

8 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

How did he react? Any video clips?

From what I remember, he got up from his seat with a scowl and walked from inside the cabin towards the balcony area. Maybe he wanted to shout out some gaali but realized he is on camera and restrained himself.

Edited by nevada

1 hour ago, youngindia said:

No it was not right at all. If the  way of thinking is to play "a high risk shot to release pressure", any captain  would love such opponents  :).   it was far from a  back to the wall situation and not even close.

You don't have to do anything silly against a not so great opponent... their idea was precisely that...doing something silly 

Attacking does not mean throwing the kitchen sink or high risk shot...it can also mean boundaries along the ground or a safe placement for a four..Yuvraj himself combined the two approaches even though he was a big six hitter....As i said they could have seen us safely to 130 or better even at less than 4 an over cutting out any high risk shot

When the score was below 130, high risk shots aka gambling were a no no..so the idea itself was a problem..

See here..... Bevan taking australia from 6/82 to 245 against NZ...

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/15460/scorecard/65624/australia-vs-new-zealand-10th-match-vb-series-2001-02

Australian innings does not have one six and Bevan had 7 fours at best..At that time NZ had Bond who was dangerous at all  times

Players have to watch and observe  this kind of matches..

There are safer and higher percentage ways.....considering the opposition is not that great and the target was not too expensive

When Jadeja came , he had to do or die,.,,,so his attempts were justified.Not pant's or Pandya's..I would have been happy if they didn't hit one six but showed the intellect to see the match through

They lacked awareness of how to take full advantage of an inferior opponent

people like pandya and pant are not matured enough and cannot hold back. They still tried playing slowly. They can at the most score 30;s and 40's currently and nothing more which they scored. The asking rate was climbing very fast. They should have hit the ball straight like jadeja did. the idea was right but execution not.

1 hour ago, Bhaiyya said:

Ohh that's pretty normal considering potli's love for his teammates; will go full on BC MC at them, at the same time will go huhu hehe and shower love towards his counterparts, especially Poyzz

That's Indian Kaptaan for you :hatsoff: 

Also for thala always worship him...

Pant has played 7 ODI matches before that,either didn't bat or batted lower down the order in most of them.You send him at 4 at 5-3 against seam bowling.He did as best as he could with no experience.Team management to be blamed for not having blooded him with atleast 20-25 matches behind him at 4 if you were going to play him at 4.

1 hour ago, haiwan said:

people like pandya and pant are not matured enough and cannot hold back. They still tried playing slowly. They can at the most score 30;s and 40's currently and nothing more which they scored. The asking rate was climbing very fast. They should have hit the ball straight like jadeja did. the idea was right but execution not.

Pant and Pandya should have been coming after Dhoni. When you tuk tuk master in team then why sent players who usually get rapid 30-40 and get out

3 hours ago, beetle said:

Just being an ass.

mother teresa? kohli converts?

48 minutes ago, haiwan said:

I am stating the requirements of the situation... did i expect pant and pandya to succeed? more on hope and less on reason. As far as reason is concerned, they precisely did what i expected them to do.

The asking rate was climbing very fast.

No it wasn't steep enough to merit any such high risk shots..not even close..

To be successful and mature, they have to manage asking rate with more high percentage methods,,,they have to handle problems and crisis better,

when they do these things better, they will be  mature and successful.

Yesterday's shots were dumb in idea and execution and will only result in more failures if they do not unlearn their immature way of thinking...How one handles a problem or crisis COUNTS  A LOT in life...a climbing asking rate is hardly one of life's toughest crisis

10 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Pant and Pandya should have been coming after Dhoni. When you tuk tuk master in team then why sent players who usually get rapid 30-40 and get out

It was a move to protect Dhoni. After 5 wickets, it's safe narrative nobody stayed hence he needed to play out overs. It's just sheer luck that Jadeja produced a blinder out of nowhere.

There were 13 successive dot balls earlier.  Which created pressure on pant.  Even an experienced batsmen under those circumstances would hv gone for a similar shot.  Nothing wrong with pant's approach.  Kohli should rather spend more time and analyse his own performance(which has been abysmal) in ICC knockouts. 

5 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

There were 13 successive dot balls earlier.  Which created pressure on pant.  Even an experienced batsmen under those circumstances would hv gone for a similar shot.  Nothing wrong with pant's approach.  Kohli should rather spend more time and analyse his own performance(which has been abysmal) in ICC knockouts. 

Yup. Look at the Australia match today. Carey got out the same way.

27 minutes ago, Pollack said:

It was a move to protect Dhoni. After 5 wickets, it's safe narrative nobody stayed hence he needed to play out overs. It's just sheer luck that Jadeja produced a blinder out of nowhere.

But why people and media is not asking these questions. Why are they blindly worshipping Dhoni and Kohli.

37 minutes ago, youngindia said:

I am stating the requirements of the situation... did i expect pant and pandya to succeed? more on hope and less on reason. As far as reason is concerned, they precisely did what i expected them to do.

No it wasn't steep enough to merit any such high risk shots..not even close..

To be successful and mature, they have to manage asking rate with more high percentage methods,,,they have to handle problems and crisis better,

when they do these things better, they will be  mature and successful.

Yesterday's shots were dumb in idea and execution and will only result in more failures if they do not unlearn their immature way of thinking...How one handles a problem or crisis COUNTS  A LOT in life...a climbing asking rate is hardly one of life's toughest crisis

that asking rate was also a reason for loss in the end. They never caught up with the asking rate. Dhongi's tuk tuk did not help as usual.

4 hours ago, youngindia said:

How many teams have survived from 24/4 in a chase on a tough pitch in a WC semi final? Sending your hitters for blocking was a complete brainfade

On 7/12/2019 at 12:36 AM, Audiophile said:

The Rat did not have his share of cheese that morning. That is why he got out cheaply and arguing with fellow chuha - Bewda!

first rule to implement: make sure the Rat eats the Big Cheese every day.

Edited by Vijy