Kohli's reaction on Pant's dismissal

I really wish players watch previous matches and observe carefully

What the likes of bevan have showed is chases can be done with no risks as long the target is not prohibitive and the opposition is average.

I didn't lose hopes at all at 5/3 or even when Karthik fell. I knew NZ was not a lethal side.

What was missing was sensible mature players.

we would have won if players didn't anything that silly even from 5-3

The job of Pandya/Pant wud be considered very good if they had taken the team to 130+ even at 3.7 an over

If they got a jaffa, bad luck.,but that was not what happened..both of them played brainless shots to put the match under jeopardy and gave it away

Either they shud have got the knowledge by watching matches of the past carefully..or they shud have been given knowledge by seniors,,,They lacked the match awareness and that proved costly..

the next season, they shud be given stern tasks to finish matches themselves ..they shud make themselves competent on strategy and big picture...or they will do this suicidal stuff again and again

Edited by youngindia
edt
6 minutes ago, youngindia said:

I really wish players watch previous matches and observe carefully

What the likes of bevan have showed is chases can be done with no risks as long the target is not prohibitive and the opposition is average.

I didn't lose hopes at all at 5/3 or even when Karthik fell. I knew NZ was not a lethal side.

What was missing was sensible mature players.

we would have won if players didn't anything that silly even from 5-3

The job of Pandya/Pant wud be considered very good if they had taken the team to 130+ even at 3.7 an over

If they got a jaffa, bad luck.,but that was not what happened..both of them played brainless shots to put the match under jeopardy and gave it away

Either they shud have got the knowledge by watching matches of the past carefully..or they shud have been given knowledge by seniors,,,They lacked the match awareness and that proved costly..

the next season, they shud be given stern tasks to finish matches themselves ..they shud make themselves competent on strategy and big picture...or they will do this suicidal stuff again and again

their idea to play big shots to release pressure and reduce rising run rate was right but they played poor shots. They should have tried to hit the ball straight.

Sack him from captaincy before it is too late. I can just see him ruining careers of youngsters like Saini, Kuldeep, Gill, Shaw, Mayank, etc. out of sheer jealousy.

And while you are at it also sign contract with each player having a clause that there should be no involvement with player management companies. This PR groups have made these guys appear bigger than they actually are and difficult to dislodge from national side even after playing **** cricket.

Pant-Pandya are WI type of players. They will not play a waiting game for long. Their strength lies in taking the attack to the opposition. Aus had Gilchrist and Symonds, and now Carey.Talking about WI, it has Pooran and Hetmeyer.

These guys needed to be backed and given the opportunities to express themselves. Once developed,  they can win you games single and at times as a part of the package also disappoint you with a rash stroke. Patience is the key here.

Both did well. Coming together at 24-4 in a WC SF pressure game. The RRR was in the process of rising as well. Only a natural game from them could have seen Ind through. Jadeja came in at a situation where the game was almost lost, with nothing to lose, the pressure was relatively less and fortunately he clicked. A good innings in the end to get Ind close

Edited by zen
10 minutes ago, haiwan said:

their idea to play big shots to release pressure and reduce rising run rate was right but they played poor shots. They should have tried to hit the ball straight.

No it was not right at all. If the  way of thinking is to play "a high risk shot to release pressure", any captain  would love such opponents  :).   it was far from a  back to the wall situation and not even close.

You don't have to do anything silly against a not so great opponent... their idea was precisely that...doing something silly 

Attacking does not mean throwing the kitchen sink or high risk shot...it can also mean boundaries along the ground or a safe placement for a four..Yuvraj himself combined the two approaches even though he was a big six hitter....As i said they could have seen us safely to 130 or better even at less than 4 an over cutting out any high risk shot

When the score was below 130, high risk shots aka gambling were a no no..so the idea itself was a problem..

See here..... Bevan taking australia from 6/82 to 245 against NZ...

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/15460/scorecard/65624/australia-vs-new-zealand-10th-match-vb-series-2001-02

Australian innings does not have one six and Bevan had 7 fours at best..At that time NZ had Bond who was dangerous at all  times

Players have to watch and observe  this kind of matches..

There are safer and higher percentage ways.....considering the opposition is not that great and the target was not too expensive

When Jadeja came , he had to do or die,.,,,so his attempts were justified.Not pant's or Pandya's..I would have been happy if they didn't hit one six but showed the intellect to see the match through

They lacked awareness of how to take full advantage of an inferior opponent

1 hour ago, haiwan said:

Trying to create some drama nothing else. Just to show how disappointed and angry he was.

Or maybe he's simply human.  And the Pant wicket fell just when it started to look like India was turning things around a bit.