zen

F | NZ vs Eng | London | July 14 @ 5.30 AM EST

Logged in just to congratulate @YCCC, enjoy the win bro, richly deserved. Commiserations to Kiwi fans here but by virtue of finishing above NZ in the points table, Eng were the moral victors after that tie, fukc the stupid ICC rules cos the runners up rode their luck enough to even make it to the SF. What I liked about Eng was they won both KOs by chasing, a feat that has eluded many other teams. 

Edited by Gollum

Epic game, at the end few strange rules and unlucky moments cost NZ...

NZ were champions had that overthrow not happened/counted...

Then Super over tied rules... can't believe these little things which we otherwise have never bother to notice can come together at such biggest stage...

I guess Trophy should be shared in case of Super over tie! I mean what else can decide better team that day?

Edited by Asim

Anyhow in 8 years all three cricketing super powers had tournaments in their country and had their teams win them respectively. Worrying if the script ended just with this trilogy or will ot extend for one more part so that we can win the next one as it is happening in India.

2 minutes ago, South_Paw said:

Anyhow in 8 years all three cricketing super powers had tournaments in their country and had their teams win them respectively. Worrying if the script ended just with this trilogy or will ot extend for one more part so that we can win the next one as it is happening in India.

This India side need to stop choking in semis and finals. Hate to say it as I genuinely have a lot of time for them and most of their fans

11 minutes ago, YCCC said:

When the dust settles you have to feel sorry for NZ but when your team is the one that benefits from some luck you have to be happy. Especially as they've worked so hard for four years

If they had lost by even one run ,it would have felt better.

Both teams were equal...hence people feel they were hard done by strange rules.

59 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

I am still not over that fed match ,it'll take some days .Its even harder to digest this fed defeat than the Ind-nzl one !

This has been one of the most cruel sporting week for me!

wanted Fed to win but that's how it is .

27 minutes ago, YCCC said:

This India side need to stop choking in semis and finals. Hate to say it as I genuinely have a lot of time for them and most of their fans

You should enjoy the moment instead of wasting time here.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Lol,a  genuine guy ,but it's very surprising to see him get it ,their were plenty of better players than him in the tournament but I thi k his captaincy sealed the deal

26 minutes ago, YCCC said:

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Lol. Rubbing salt in the wounds. 

But so happy that none of the overpaid superstars of bcci got anything. They are content with Ipl money.

England are deserving winners after the way they showed up in every elimination leading up to the final. The victory would have been much sweeter had it come against India,  beating the #1 ranked team twice in the tournament 

2 hours ago, CptRussell said:

England are deserving winners after the way they showed up in every elimination leading up to the final. The victory would have been much sweeter had it come against India,  beating the #1 ranked team twice in the tournament 

Eng took back the #1 ranking immediately after it lost it

Men's ODI Team Rankings

Last updated - 10 Jul 2019
Developed by David Kendix
Pos Team Weighted Matches Points Rating
1  England 52 6,420 123
2  India 56 6,807 122
3  New Zealand 42 4,763 113
4  Australia 49 5,470 112

6 hours ago, CptRussell said:

Do you really think that way? I feel NZ are the true winners. They haven't lost to ENG bcoz of runs but lost bcoz of rules. Yes, ENG have played tremendously but I don't think its the right way to decide a winner based on the boundaries. Instead of it you could have shared the trophy as it is a tie in both cases.

On 7/14/2019 at 8:16 PM, OpeningBatsman said:

Stop whinging like padosi. Eng won. Fair n square. No rules were broken. No cheating. Rules were in place for both the teams. 

Feel bad for NZ. But eng deserve it for the way they played ODIs since 2o15.

Thank you, but even I an ardent Eng fan felt sorry for NZ. At least they did not whinge like Aus though

18 hours ago, kushagra29 said:

Do you really think that way? I feel NZ are the true winners. They haven't lost to ENG bcoz of runs but lost bcoz of rules. Yes, ENG have played tremendously but I don't think its the right way to decide a winner based on the boundaries. Instead of it you could have shared the trophy as it is a tie in both cases.

Agreed. I am an England Fan, I think another match should have been played. That would have been fairer

9 hours ago, Kiraisjustice said:

No we won woth the bowl out in the league match

Yes my bad. Excitement me likh dia. But still my point is.. Super over is still much better than that stupid bowl out. Rules evolve with time. I'm sure they would look into this ' most boundaries - win' thing as well