Moving forward - recommendations thread

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Unfortunately most of the posers we have back home prefer English premier league and other bs soccer leagues that have nothing to do with India or NBA :wall:  problem is they don’t even try to get inspired and play the game like most of us have tried to give cricket a shot. 

i can't stand those posers too, some of them will act very animated and passionate about some *ing club with some difficult sounding european name struggle to pronounce and fight each other over clubs. 

May be give a younger player like Shaw/Gill/Pant the captaincy based on their performance after 1 year.Even Bumrah is fine.Pant being a WK if he does well for a year would be a good choice.

Pick a guy who is not jealous & insecure of others success & doesn't buckle under pressure.That means old experienced player nexus will break down.

Making Rohit captain will be useless since he will be 36 at next WC.His form will most likely take a hit at that time.

9 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Middle order should not be made of bits and pieces players. They should have the ability to make centuries. 150s. Play long innings. i understand Indian top order rarely lets them do that. For that to happen  Today in a situation where they had 40 overs, should have been able to put up a big partnership. Pant can be forgiven as he is too new and raw. Same way Pandya was originally included in the side as a slogger not innings builder. This is why it is even more puzzling Dhoni did not come ahead of Pandya and Pant. Pandya is there to close out the innings in case the run rate is steep.  Gill,  Rahul, Pant, Pandya should form the middle order.  We should persist with Kulcha,  Shami, Bhuvi, Bhumrah. Our team is a lot more settled than other sides. We have to groom a left handed seamer.  Indian batsmen must start practicing bowling. It should be a mandatory requirements. No more one-dimensional players.

Jadhav, Dhoni, DK all should be kicked out forever. 

Match was lost at 24/4 and three of them top order batsmen, not middle order.

5 minutes ago, mani sha said:

Shaw is captaincy material 

Did he captain at any senior level? I am saying Iyer because he has captained an IPL side. Only young guy given the responsibility and also A team’s. I am sure Shaw will be good as well as the u-19 winning captain.

Edited by maniac
10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pant 5, Pandya 7. Find #4 and #6 first. Lack of an established bat at 4 has cost us this WC.

Dhongi should've come at 4, clearly we could've stop the rot if someone put their hands up but alas he's a fair weather behti ganga me hath dhone wala c**** :whack3:

Edited by R!TTER

I had been one of DK Backers.. he failed big time... should not even be near the T20 squad. Doesn't matter if it is different format .. players need to own up responsibilities..

Dhoni, jadhav to also be compulsorily retired.

Considering next WC is in India,  I would phase out Bhuvi and chahal as well.

Plan for phasing out rohit and dhawan. Play them only in alternate series.

Get Gill, mayank, shreyas and shaw asap into ODi fold.

Ask KL rahul to mould as the next Jason Roy. Give Him confidence to come out of the shell.

Only kohli, bumrah to be certainties next WC. Rohit health permitting can be retained but need to plan for alternatives. Expect rohit to lose form next year like yuvi.

Washington sundar,Deepak chahar, Jadeja and shreyas iyer to be blooded as bowling all rounders.

Conduct mandatory batting workshops for a month/two every year for all bowlers. 

Make sure number 5 and 7 batsmen could bowl.

10 hours ago, maniac said:

Nothing about Pandya screams leader or captain material :laugh:

Actually the only youngster we are grooming for captaincy is Shreyas Iyer and he is not even in the squad.

Pandya may not but his bowling is about thinking as a batsmen and where they are looking to score runs. He definitely needs to be in the leadership committee. Definitely captain or atleast vice-captain material. I think his role will become more of a batsman who can bowl a bit. His frame is not gonna last long with his bowling intensity. Although he would be fun if he comes out to toss and bring his carribean flavor :laugh:

2 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Dhongi should've come at 4, clearly we could've stop the rot if someone put their hands up but alas he's a fair weather behti ganga me hath dhone wala c**** :whack3:

What were Rat and his bewda team management was doing. Dhoni is also to be blamed for not putting his hand up but TM needs to be blamed more especially Kohli.

Edited by Real McCoy

We fans need to change some of our habits too. There is an unhealthy obsession with innocuous stats like fastest to 8000(where Amla failed to equal Kohli), most double hundreds, most centuries, fastest to 20000(Lara was on TV doing analysis when this stat was displayed, he seemed clueless about it).

Kohli must consider batting at 4 for a while and letting some of the others have the limelight. Personally I don't care if he scores 10 centuries less because of this, we must end up with a gun batting line up before the next big tournament comes around. Rahul is copping a great deal of criticism and deservedly so but one must remember that he has only played 25 odd ODIs in a span of 3-4 years. I would back him to come good eventually. Pant,Gill and Shaw are also ones to look out for. Navdeep Saini and Rahul Chahar are the new bowlers I would currently back.

15 hours ago, maniac said:

Nothing about Pandya screams leader or captain material :laugh:

Actually the only youngster we are grooming for captaincy is Shreyas Iyer and he is not even in the squad.

have a very bad feeling .. he might go manish pandeys way .. not good enough

his batting style reminds me of how i balance myself when coming down the stairs when i am totally drunk :lol: 

16 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I don't think cricket in India will die in the next 10 years. But agree with you on the interest the brand creates. Aus during the 90s and 00s had a good talent pool of players where the A team can challenge the main squad in first class and List A matches. Imagine Matthew Hayden and Justin Langer being a backup to Mark Taylor and Michael Slater and Damien Martyn for Mark Waugh.

Need to develop more competition among spots in the national team. So a guy like Pant or Kuldeep getting a kick on the backside when they relax or don't perform under pressure. Players like DK, Rahul, Shankar wouldn't have survived or if they did survive, they would be better players instead of their current form.

This is not 90's now ....As soon as India starts doing well in other sports people will look elsewhere.Too much of Cricket is being played now a days and it's sorta boring now a days .At the end of the day its about entertainment and personally I don't follow cricket much now a days and  .I don't find cricket entertaining that much compared to other sports using less time .

Edited by Stuge

2023 is our world cup without a doubt. Not all players lose reflexes, I don't think it will happen to likes of Rohit and Gabbar. We must make spinning and slow pitches, bat deep this is the strategy to win it. We can chase anything or score big and our bowlers will keep it economical. We must be aggressive with the batting and attack through out. No more mental midgets in this team except Kohli but he's obviously guaranteed to play. 5 guj lions.

Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Iyer, Pant, Pandya, Dhoni (captain and keeper), Jaddu, Axar, Krunal, Bumrah

I think Dhoni may play this one as he has the knowledge of 2011 so I am including him, ye baat humare haath mai nai hai. Include Deepak Chahar for trundler variation if needed.

Edited by ViruDilSeKhelo