Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Real McCoy

Moving forward - recommendations thread

Recommended Posts

Let's play to our strengths ... considering our vast reserves , we should have the best spinners and best players of spin identified for the next world cup and dish out those tracks only for domestics for first two years to identify the best and the last 2 years open for internationals . That way we have a leg up and also make the cricket grounds bigger.  That way hacks cannot hit Sixers. So only proper batsmen who can play spin and whoever's possesses the big shots can play. With interest levels waning  , India would be the only. Country which can unearth 6 proper batsmen into lineup . Bilateral be damned . Experiment now.. 2023 we need to win.. no other way around it..

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, prasen82 said:

Let's play to our strengths ... considering our vast reserves , we should have the best spinners and best players of spin identified for the next world cup and dish out those tracks only for domestics for first two years to identify the best and the last 2 years open for internationals . That way we have a leg up and also make the cricket grounds bigger.  That way hacks cannot hit Sixers. So only proper batsmen who can play spin and whoever's possesses the big shots can play. With interest levels waning  , India would be the only. Country which can unearth 6 proper batsmen into lineup . Bilateral be damned . Experiment now.. 2023 we need to win.. no other way around it..

Even if you look at IPL we hardly have any hacks who can hit 6's at will on flat pitches. usually even there we have guys like Pandya bros, Jadeja etc . we can use a hack or 2 in the mould of Butler, Roy etc.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, maniac said:

Even if you look at IPL we hardly have any hacks who can hit 6's at will on flat pitches. usually even there we have guys like Pandya bros, Jadeja etc . we can use a hack or 2 in the mould of Butler, Roy etc.

We don’t need hacks..  just need a player who can play the glorious occasional big sixes like Yuvraj ... we need to find our next Yuvraj.. what about the leftie chap in under 19 team..  he had some glorious shots...

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Nagarkoti is injured man..  Give him time.  Khaleel can add variety to the team with his left arm angle.  Also watch out for This time's U19 batch..  We may get a tearaway quick. 

Nagarkot is fit now

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Nagarkoti is injured man..  Give him time.  Khaleel can add variety to the team with his left arm angle.  Also watch out for This time's U19 batch..  We may get a tearaway quick. 

Khaleel is good......Ppl are foolish to rule young players out in few games only forgetting most top players have gone through same. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Khaleel is good......Ppl are foolish to rule young players out in few games only forgetting most top players have gone through same. 

     Not saying Khaleel is a world beater , but worth investing being a leftie .

     In his case , TM forced changes in his bowling style to suit their wishes for the WC. 

     he was made to bowl like a swing bowler and to bring the ball back in . 

     A 140+ bowler suddenly bacame 120+ bolwer within a month !

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...